Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't think a lot of people -want- the country to keep moving on its current course with regards to militarization. I know I don't. I mean as far as that goes we're already pretty drat far down the rabbit hole but any further glorification sure isn't making things any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
http://gwillowwilson.com/post/166159537168/yeah-no

Turns out G Willow Wilson was one of the writers gearing up to leave if this had continued to be a thing. That would have been a pretty big loss.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This guy's twitter feed is a bunch of stuff about how SJWs are ruining the comics industry so I wouldn't go giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I can't believe they actually called it Hatreon.

It's like when a Saturday morning cartoon villain calls his own hideout the Lair of Evil.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Mr. Maltose posted:

oh for sure my dude

The great thing about this post is that it works after the edit too.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Surprised at some omissions from that list, but also gratified that they won't have to put up with harassment from these turds.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't think "far left wingnuts" is a group that even needs to be addressed. What harmful ideas are they espousing? It seems to me that the biggest problem with them is that they're too aggressive when pushing otherwise good and noble goals. There are some people in the far left movement who are transphobic or have some kind of problem with some other group in the far left but those fit comfortably in the category of bigot and we already speak out against them. Maybe I don't look at tumblr enough but I couldn't really name any horrific endgame if these leftist extremists get their way.

I could certainly name a horrifying endgame if the far right gets their way.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah I can't say I've ever spite-eaten meat after reading about some dumb PETA thing. That seems like a really weird reaction to me.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
You know dude for all your talk about yelling and screaming not helping a cause your posts come off as kind of off the wall and ranty with all the random caps and cuss words and bringing up drama from other subforums. You're coming in here with a really spurious claim and then telling someone who's been contributing to the thread longer than you to go back to another subforum. Like I don't care if you cuss but posts can have a tone and since tone seems to be what you're concerned about I gotta tell you that your posts do not come off as relaxed. Even your initial post before people started piling on you was all over the place. Maybe you are actually super chill right now but I would not be able to tell.

Goons also come in all shapes and stripes so I'm not sure what bearing Goons in Discord are supposed to have on this thread.

If you really aren't the type of person who usually uses the term SJW my advice to you is to move on and not engage in further argument on the matter because all it's going to do is further derail this thread. Which by the way is part of the reason people are so annoyed with points like the one you brought into the thread with your initial post. We're here to talk about regressive issues in the comic book industry, not wring hands over how nice we're being to people whose position on social issues apparently hinges on their self esteem. I've seen this happen in countless places where this kind of discussion happens, and it's always started by a person who up until then hasn't been participating in that discussion at all.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That entire sentence was a spurious claim and people have told you this repeatedly in this topic but you continue to ignore everything else being said in favor of focusing on that god drat acronym, refusing to let it go as if it's some kind of security blanket. I've tried to be polite but I'm beginning to think you're an actual rear end in a top hat who's getting his kicks out of derailing this topic so at this point I'm going to just loving ignore you and I hope everyone else does the same.

gently caress off.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't understand these people at all.

Also ever since I read that super long account of how EVS harasses people the tone of his posts in situations like these gives me the loving willies. The false rationality is so creepy.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I find the claim that writers are changing stories because they're scared of fans to be pretty questionable. This is the same line of thought I often see from comic and video game fans angry that "SJW"s are "forcing" the comics and game industry to change. I think it's more likely that either A) The writers change it because they agree with fan input and simply handle the change inelegantly, or B) The writers change it because someone higher up than them doesn't like the pitch fan outcry has gotten to.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I think it's funny that for how much these people have been complaining about politics in their comic books, when they finally get a comic of "their own" it's got some of the most blatantly shoved in politics I've ever seen.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Unlucky7 posted:

You HAVE read what he has been saying about other creators in his "Dark Roast" podcast in the BC article, right?

Check his rap sheet. He probably agrees with him.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Hell, even Terry Crews has talked about how he held off on saying anything about the executive that sexually assaulted him for fear of repercussions. He didn't do anything at the time because, being a black man taking action against a rich white guy, he didn't think it'd go well for him.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
It's really gross that the only time you'll hear people like this complaining about bodyshaming is when it concerns a fictional woman.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Dawgstar posted:

Tim Seeley follows him. That's distressing. I follow Seeley.

I know a few people who follow people they don't like just to keep tabs on what they're doing.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm not surprised that the same party that continually whines about leftists infringing on free speech by condemning them or deciding not to give people their business is the same one now calling for someone's prosecution for their lovely tweets, but I am frustrated by the continuing blatant double standards that most of the media seems to be completely fine with.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
So far the only websites I can find carrying this story are far right leaning ones.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I wonder what J. Scott Campbell has taken from all this.

https://twitter.com/JScottCampbell/status/1029499096623710210

Aha. I see. Hmm. Well.

What a poo poo head.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Does anyone actually still have doubts about Ethan? I feel like he's clearly shown everyone exactly who he is. At this point if someone's still not convinced about him they're either just not wanting to publicly admit it because they agree with him or they're not paying attention.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
There are a few people in the responses who are taking it as a pro-comicsgate statement, even.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Skwirl posted:

Didn't Pewdie Pie pay some kids in the third world like ten bucks to hold up a sign saying "We Hate Jews" or something?

"Death To All Jews", yeah. What a hilarious joke!

My favorite thing to do with "jokes" like that is ask what the punchline is. It's never a good answer.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Didn't Cho quit? And didn't he say that it was just because of one person?

I know EVS doesn't have a problem lying, I'm just trying to make sure I have the story straight myself.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I mean it's the realm of possibility that Ike had something to do with it but Chuck said that the editor who fired him seemed genuinely upset about the language in his tweets.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Lunatic Sledge posted:

yeah on the one hand I get a professional company wanting to keep a good public face and not resort to crude language under its banner but on the other hand

this is actually pretty tame for what these shitstains deserve

And half of it is just the truth.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Death Ray posted:

Yes, I will. But first I have to break the ice. People are still telling me to "gently caress off" for pointing out that ComicsGate does not appear to be on the ropes despite all the kitchen sinks thrown against it. I need people to relax a bit so that they will be willing to listen. I hope you will be one of those people.

You might have figured it out by now, but you're not doing a good job of this. I was working on another reply before I saw your latest posts and you're quickly becoming more and more obnoxious with their sanctimonious tone. You've never posted in this thread before and now suddenly you're here to tell everyone precisely how they're doing it wrong. I know when I'm trying to break into a new group of people I like to lead with "Hello everyone, let me shill my twitter. Now, this is how you're all doing it wrong. I could tell you what I think actually works, but before I do that I need to spend a certain amount of time chiding you. Nice to meet you!"

For the record I don't think people yelling at these people for the most part are doing it with the intention of "defeating" them. They're doing it with the intention of yelling at them because they're fed up with their bullshit and in many cases have lives that are actively made worse by their bullshit. What you've done here is barge into this thread and say to at least one of these people "Ah, but have you considered perhaps not yelling at the people who want you to die?"

I don't think it's giving them too much credit to think that perhaps they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Death Ray posted:

That is a good guess, but no. I am being polite so that I can garner enough interest in the points I will eventually make, but without having insulted anyone along the way.

As you can see, I need to absorb a few punches along the way. But you, I suspect, are curious enough to stick around for the pay off.

Why are you treating a conversation like charging up a special attack? Make the points you want to make, dude. This game sucks.

• Locked thread