Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe he was just really really into Tak. Speaking of, the theme of one of my buddy's Halloween parties this year is The King Killer Chronicles. It's all the way out in the burbs, but if I go I promise I will take pictures and post them. Depends on if this girl I'm seeing wants me to go to her thing or not (probably).

here's your costume, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

pretty sure rothfuss actually hates poor people. Tarbean is framed as basically a descent into actual factual hell only all the other street urchins are inherently evil and Kvothe doesn't associate with them until his inherent virtue allows him to simply shake off his poverty and rejoin the middle class in about a day. He doesn't deserve to be down here, you see. The horror here isn't even about being poor, it's literally about how Kvothe was poor when he didn't deserve to be.