Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Are there any useful quest guides for stacking quests, hopefully along with the whys/hows? Pestily’s new raid YouTube series is great, but having to watch through 30-45 minutes for specifics is a little inefficient. Also best place to find the gas analyzer for starting Therapist quest? I almost had one on with a lucky scav run and got zapped right at the end because I can’t ADS for poo poo with a VSS scope. Guy got a labs card from me, too; he had a lucky day.

Edit: also any useful metrics or things I should be looking at to get a grip on the AK family? It’s confusing as gently caress and I’ve definitely made the newbie mistake of bringing the wrong mags, or right mags but wrong ammo, trying to top-load an sks with ammo from my alpha, etc.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

idiotsavant posted:

Are there any useful quest guides for stacking quests, hopefully along with the whys/hows? Pestily’s new raid YouTube series is great, but having to watch through 30-45 minutes for specifics is a little inefficient. Also best place to find the gas analyzer for starting Therapist quest? I almost had one on with a lucky scav run and got zapped right at the end because I can’t ADS for poo poo with a VSS scope. Guy got a labs card from me, too; he had a lucky day.

Oli on interchange is the go to, the shelves at the front of the store. Also electronic stores spawn them too on interchange

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

working mom posted:

Oli on interchange is the go to, the shelves at the front of the store. Also electronic stores spawn them too on interchange

Be sure to check the top of the shelves. They can spawn up there and are easy to miss.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

(Also on interchange) Techlight, Texho, and Rasmussen all have a chance to spawn gas analyzers too

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Has anyone actually found a gas analyzer in OLI this wipe?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Wooper posted:

Yes.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Wooper posted:

Every raid. They spawn by the registers.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

idiotsavant posted:

Check out the visual chart on the wiki. There isn't a good quick level guide out there so just talk to goons in the discord.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

I was doing the Tarkov Shooter Mission to kill 10 Scavs from 50 metres with a Mosin and accidentally stumbled on this bloke.

https://streamable.com/xebi9

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mortlock posted:

I was doing the Tarkov Shooter Mission to kill 10 Scavs from 50 metres with a Mosin and accidentally stumbled on this bloke.

Hahaha ouch!

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Wooper posted:

I will go look for one now. I think Oli is a good place.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mortlock posted:

If you hold down Alt and click on an item, you'll wear it without having to drag.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Mortlock posted:

Jokes on you, your new helmet has a hole in it.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

This game needs another consumable to use to clean out viscera from helmets of dead dudes. Make it so if you dont have it, brains and blood will slowly drip over your eyes.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Jokes on you, your new helmet has a hole in it.

Uhh, no. That was 54R.

It has two holes in it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mortlock posted:

The half-assed "Agh." he makes really sells it.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Wooper posted:

Mortlock posted:

I will go look for one now. I think Oli is a good place.

I have done three runs now and looked on all the shelves in ONI and have had no luck. I have watched youtube Vids on where they spawn and my brother even got his there but I have had no luck either.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

twig1919 posted:

Every raid. They spawn by the registers.

What for real.

Goddamn it, I could have done that quest ages ago.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Now, Morphines, that's a pain in the rear end.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Kikas posted:

The real ouch is getting an MBSS and AVS in raid off of scav boss guards, stacking the AVS inside the MBSS while dealing with loot, pulling it out of the character as a stack, and then turning in the MBSS for the quest.

fun fact, that doesn't count as turning in the AVS, and the AVS is just lost.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Most of my gas analyzers came from filing cabinets, surprisingly enough

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Captain Gordon posted:

Most of my gas analyzers came from filing cabinets, surprisingly enough

Likewise, I think.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Likewise, I think.

Should I be checking filing cabinets more? I tend to ignore them.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

here's a list of everything that can spawn in them. They can have some good loot.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

pro tip: you can loot each individual filing cabinet separately
the proest tip: you can click on the green number above your handbook to mark all handbook notifications as read

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yes, they're very good.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mortlock posted:

motherfucking "F" to that dude. You just know he was big mad™

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Captain Gordon posted:

the proest tip: you can click on the green number above your handbook to mark all handbook notifications as read

Oh my god, reinstalling now.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Hachi machi is that 12% drop chance for a labs keycard in file drawers I see?? Is this universal across all maps????? Fuckin one-in-ten for a fat money card or adventure in sweatistan????? Goddamn whats taking me, I should be checking those goddamn.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Captain Gordon posted:

This is the best tip, learning this changed the game for me.

Also I’ve found a lot of gas analyzers in hidden caches outside of the mall in interchange.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Kikas posted:

reserve scav raids, i have a meds case plus extras full of them

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011

Hachi machi is that 12% drop chance for a labs keycard in file drawers I see?? Is this universal across all maps????? Fuckin one-in-ten for a fat money card or adventure in sweatistan????? Goddamn whats taking me, I should be checking those goddamn.

Either the wiki is really out of date or that's not how that loot table works. I have searched at least a hundred cabinets and don't remember a lab's keycard showing up once.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

There's a skill that affects the quality of loot you find so there's almost certainly other factors beyond a straight dice roll.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ye no i've looted hundreds of drawers and 0 keycards

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

Either the wiki is really out of date or that's not how that loot table works. I have searched at least a hundred cabinets and don't remember a lab's keycard showing up once.

I searched the cabinets in weather station once and got two labs keycards.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

keycards are for the handsome, fun-having players with good opinions on stuff.

if you get no keycards, check your post history.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I got all my key cards for that one quest from cabinets. Always search filling cabinets. They spawn lots of useful barter stuff.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Are my friends and I the only ones or are the gluhar spawn rates on reserve almost at 100% around the chopper/pawn buildings? myself and a few others are seeing him there in almost every raid now and while it's great for exp and money it's getting a bit ridiculous.

new detterent for hatchlings maybe?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zipperelli. posted:

motherfucking "F" to that dude. You just know he was big mad™

I broke both my legs almost right off the bat on a scav run on interchange yesterday. I decided to just head towards and exit with my possibly free mosin. I get close to emercom and some nerd runs up and lays down to extract so I popped him in the head. He probably got real mad about an exit camper. I couldn't even get anything more than his bag because I couldn't get in/out of the extract zone fast enough with the whole broken legs thing haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Searching a full filing cabinet is noisy and takes forever but it really pays off.