Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Set it back to 50 after realizing that 75 fucks your reflex/iron sights. It's definitely at 50; everything feels way closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i refuse to play low fov and the only gun i notice a consistent issue with is the mosin iron sights

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just found out FOV was a thing and it actually did increase my frame rate by increasing it. I'm rolling at 60fov right now and noticed a performance increase. I was at the default of 50.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
Depends what sight you were using. A good deal of the sights are still glitched out and don't work properly at all. For mozin irons you need to aim at least at shoulder height to consistently hit thorax. If your aiming center mass your hitting stomach or legs which is essentially a minimum 4 shots to kill or up to 6 or 7 if your unlucky.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

twig1919 posted:

Depends what sight you were using. A good deal of the sights are still glitched out and don't work properly at all. For mozin irons you need to aim at least at shoulder height to consistently hit thorax. If your aiming center mass your hitting stomach or legs which is essentially a minimum 4 shots to kill or up to 6 or 7 if your unlucky.

Ok cool, that's the part I was trying to figure out - is it just that I aim like poo poo or is killing scavs and stuff harder than I thought. Or both.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

I just found out FOV was a thing and it actually did increase my frame rate by increasing it. I'm rolling at 60fov right now and noticed a performance increase. I was at the default of 50.

May want to make sure you can still aim properly.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

May want to make sure you can still aim properly.

I've never been very good at it, so not much has changed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ShowTime posted:

I've never been very good at it, so not much has changed.

Yeah but at least at 50 FOV where you were aiming mattered :v:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It seems alright. Granted, all i did was test it in the hideout and then a scav run just now, which involved a shotgun to some poor geared out pmc's legs.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

idiotsavant posted:

Ok cool, that's the part I was trying to figure out - is it just that I aim like poo poo or is killing scavs and stuff harder than I thought. Or both.

Yup, hit location is super important and the game feedback on hits is hard to see. The best indication is a little poof of blood on a hit.

Also generally your ammo is either amazing at shooting legs and useless on chest or vice versa.
Knowing what your using in advance is big.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

for what its worth the pk-06 seems pretty reliable at max fov on the stuff ive tried it on

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

for what its worth the pk-06 seems pretty reliable at max fov on the stuff ive tried it on

do not give in to the ways of the tryhard

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Default POV is nice in that I can actually see details compared to full FOV, but the part where a single flight of stairs outside the dorms fills your entire field of vision makes it a little tough, too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

do not give in to the ways of the tryhard

which part is the tryhard part the fov or the sight

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Been disconnected/reconnected about 5 times in the last 10 minutes while in the middle of a firefight. Does that happen to everyone else in the match with you? Or is it hit and miss who gets hosed by these poo poo servers?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Stux posted:

There is a >0 number of goons who despise the PK-06 as the tryhard sight.

I personally use a PK-06 as my main, with a canted PK-06 as a backup just to say "gently caress the haters"

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I just use the PK-06 because I love broken T and the Kobra has poo poo ergo.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

the sight. every sweaty boy runs it

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I just use the PK-06 because I love broken T and the Kobra has poo poo ergo.

walther

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
USEC customs key off a scav run, I'm still basically a new account. Better to sell, or is the loot in the rooms good enough to keep it?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

idiotsavant posted:

USEC customs key off a scav run, I'm still basically a new account. Better to sell, or is the loot in the rooms good enough to keep it?

You need it for a quest, keep it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
You people are all loving awful.