Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He'll always be Buck Compton to me. Basically anyone who appeared in Band of Brothers in a major capacity will always be that character. Even like 3 seasons of Ricard Diaz I still thought of him as Joe Toy. Scott Grimes I think of as Steve Smith though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Actual spoilers ahoy:

https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-david-ramsey-role/

David Ramsey is doing an ep on each of the surviving/new CW shows except Black Lightning!

He's Diggle in the other 4 shows, but on Legends he is apparently playing :siren:a mystery character:siren:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It just makes me happy that he's getting to stick around.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Is anyone on Batwoman going to have any idea who he is?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Luke, maybe?

Because he's the information guy, not because they're both black.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ShakeZula posted:

Is anyone on Batwoman going to have any idea who he is?

"I'm John Diggle"

"Who?"

"Oh, I mean I met Kate once, did she ever mention me?"

"Oh, geez, sorry no. I know she mentioned Black Lightning, you're not him are you?"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TwoPair posted:

"I'm John Diggle"

"Who?"

"Oh, I mean I met Kate once, did she ever mention me?"

"Oh, geez, sorry no. I know she mentioned Black Lightning, you're not him are you?"

"Different guy."

"Oh, are you the guy with the T shaped mask then?"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean makes sense if the new season is about aliens that the green lantern would show up

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

Actual spoilers ahoy:

https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-david-ramsey-role/

David Ramsey is doing an ep on each of the surviving/new CW shows except Black Lightning!

He's Diggle in the other 4 shows, but on Legends he is apparently playing :siren:a mystery character:siren:

I'm sure it's gonna be a weird pseudo-crossover where he takes the ring to someone in each series to figure it out except Legends. Assuming they start the whole thing on Sunday, Batwoman would be first up to bat then on Tuesday it's Flash then Superman and Lois. Supergirl and Legends haven't had their timeslot announced yet but it probably would be after as Monday is where Black Lightning is. So probably it'd be something like: Diggle goes to a lab/Argus facility in Gotham to get the ring analyzed but their tech isn't enough, then heads to STAR labs in The Flash where they determine its alien and mention that Superman isn't too far from them, he visits Superman on his way to National city for some insight, then finally Diggle and the ring complete their circuit in Supergirl.

Meanwhile in Legends, they subvert the Green Lantern thing just to gently caress with the fans and he's someone from the Legion of Superheroes or something instead.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I suspect they're not going to gave a crosssover this coming year, just out of a practical need to silo the productions away from each other.

I also suspect this means the Diggle cameos will happen on subsequent weeks, rather than the same one. He can film one ep, get tested, move to the next show, get tested, etc.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I suspect they're not going to gave a crosssover this coming year, just out of a practical need to silo the productions away from each other.

I also suspect this means the Diggle cameos will happen on subsequent weeks, rather than the same one. He can film one ep, get tested, move to the next show, get tested, etc.

Nah, they should just do it NBA style and film all the shows in a big convention center bubble.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've already been having issues as Flash had to shut down filming for a bit after someone tested positive.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

They've already been having issues as Flash had to shut down filming for a bit after someone tested positive.

Just quarantine them in the Mirrorverse and move on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brandon Routh has been cast in a reoccurring role on the Rookie.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

Brandon Routh has been cast in a reoccurring role on the Rookie.

It was a surprise to see him. It's even more of a surprise that he's playing a racist as gently caress cop that I just wasn't expecting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He said on Instagram that he loves playing bad guys but rarely gets the chance, they always expect Superman.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

He was maybe the best villain on Chuck, and really should've been the show's final boss.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I remember there was an interview with him, where the interviewer commented that they couldn't see him as a villain, and his response was "ah, you've never seen Chuck." I thought about that for most of the Neron turn.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He was great in Scott Pilgrim.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GreenNight posted:

He's good in most things. Dude is so charismatic.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Even better is the cast commentary track for Scott Pilgrim. Routh shows up randomly like 10 minutes late with a bag full of hamburgers and it comes across like he wasn’t even supposed to be there and just crashed the commentary couch and everyone’s so happy to have him there regardless.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Rhyno posted:

He said on Instagram that he loves playing bad guys but rarely gets the chance, they always expect Superman.

I read some interview with William Sadler, the guy who plays Death in Bill and Ted, and he was saying bad guys are way more fun than good guys to play. On this show, I can imagine being allowed to just ham it up and be full crazy has to be a selling point for getting people on to play villains.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

seaborgium posted:

I read some interview with William Sadler, the guy who plays Death in Bill and Ted, and he was saying bad guys are way more fun than good guys to play. On this show, I can imagine being allowed to just ham it up and be full crazy has to be a selling point for getting people on to play villains.

Alan Rickman's "I don't play villans, I play interesting people."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He played Snape for like 5 movies tho

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

seaborgium posted:

Wasn't Tom Cavanaugh going to pass on Flash until they told him Boring Mentor Man was Reverse Flash?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

site posted:

He played Snape for like 5 movies tho

Who was both interesting and not a villain. And there were 8 films.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Who was both interesting and not a villain. And there were 8 films.

I suppose the joke is that Snape was very uninteresting for 5 out of 8 of those movies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well, the joke was he was uninteresting for all the ones I saw, which was less than 5 but I couldn't remember how many there were but I knew there were a bunch

site fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 21, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Despite not starting yet Legends got renewed for s7.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Guys. I think we broke time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Other than stuff that is already ending or is brand new and hasn't started yet the CW renewed everything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Other than stuff that is already ending or is brand new and hasn't started yet the CW renewed everything.

This is usually how the CW rolls with renewals. Unless a show has like literally two people watching it or the show runners put their foot down and say they’re ending it on their own terms like Arrow, Supergirl and Black Lightning, it’s usually a safe bet for renewal.

Legends isn’t a ratings hit, but like Batwoman it’s a buzz generator and that tends to be what they chase more than anything.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

oh jay posted:

Guys. I think we broke time.

For the better.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

This is usually how the CW rolls with renewals. Unless a show has like literally two people watching it or the show runners put their foot down and say they’re ending it on their own terms like Arrow, Supergirl and Black Lightning, it’s usually a safe bet for renewal.

Legends isn’t a ratings hit, but like Batwoman it’s a buzz generator and that tends to be what they chase more than anything.

I suspect part of this is them honouring what's left of their Netflix deal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I suspect part of this is them honouring what's left of their Netflix deal.

It's also worth noting that with the CW being a younger-skewing network, it looks more at streaming ratings than broadcast numbers when it makes renewal decisions, so you'll see all these stories about how Batwoman for example lost allegedly 80% of its television audience a week after its debut this year, but that audience is like 30% of its total actual audience so the CW brass is like "lol, who gives a poo poo?"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Instead of renewing for s7, they should renew for s8 and skip s7.

7 seasons and the last one is season 8. A whole year lost to Bisexual Time Idiot Shenanigans.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Slamhound posted:

Instead of renewing for s7, they should renew for s8 and skip s7.

7 seasons and the last one is season 8. A whole year lost to Bisexual Time Idiot Shenanigans.

Yeah, but they should go one better and fully rip off Space Quest. The villains are from Legends Season 13, and they've come back in time to defeat the TIme Idiots before they destroy the villains in the future.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Yeah, but they should go one better and fully rip off Space Quest. The villains are from Legends Season 13, and they've come back in time to defeat the TIme Idiots before they destroy the villains in the future.

This sounds like prime Crisis on Infinidiots Earth material.

They should bring in the cast of Powerless. I liked that show.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

That would be season XII. :colbert:

With of course a stop in X for the latex babes and the previously mentioned Bisexual Time Idiot Shenanigans.

Man I loved SQ iv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I kind of hope they bring in some more characters from CW shows. Mind you, this is the only DC one I still watch. I wouldn’t mind one of the daughters from Black Lightning.

Who else would you like to see for a few weeks?