Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Selachian posted:

I liked the in-joke of Stein refusing to get on the Titanic.

Zebulon posted:

Pretty sure that was included in the first trailer for season 3 and it was amazing back then too. For anyone that doesn't realize the joke and/or missed it the first time it came up Victor Garber played the Titanic's designer, Thomas Andrews, in Titanic.

AND this episode had Billy Zane in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

bbf2 posted:

AND this episode had Billy Zane in it

THAT'S who that was!

The entire episode I was wondering where the hell I had seen P.T. Barnum's actor before.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Needs more Treat Williams and Kristy Swanson.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

Needs more Treat Williams and Kristy Swanson.

Get James Remar and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa in there and you'd have near-complete set.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Okay so what was that poo poo at the end

E: I guess you needed to watch vixen

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 18, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Selachian posted:

They did that once or twice before.

I love this show even more now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
So, I kind of got distracted near the end of the episode, but that bit with Sara and the team laughing at the whole “Rip’s hiding something from us” trope means that everyone, the Time Bureau included, has no idea that the big bad of the season is even out there, right?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Nah. They know. The Legends are just leaning real hard into their cocky protagonism.

Selachian posted:

So the circus strongman was wearing B'wana Beast's costume.

What was the deal with that? I got all hyped to see one of my favorite Z-listers and he's just... kinda... there. Sort of. Like, he gets in a couple smirks, Vixen backhands him, and then he disappears. At least have him guard the sabertooth tiger or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

So the circus strongman was wearing B'wana Beast's costume. I demand appearances by Ambush Bug, Brother Power the Geek, and Kid Eternity.

(Yes, DC has a character named B'wana Beast.)

He wasn't just dressed as B'wana Beast, according to the credits that was B'wana Beast.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"You see? Even our A.I. doesn't like you."

I had to pause the episode because Gideon's :smug: followed by Sarah's delivery broke my brain. :xd:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ekeog posted:

there is a 110% chance it will

Captain Sarah Lance, Time Bisexual will leave no rear end untapped

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

hey man, Nate was just really bummed over his break-up with Amaya and decided to get piss drunk! dumb but totally acceptable

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Carlosologist posted:

hey man, Nate was just really bummed over his break-up with Amaya and decided to get piss drunk! dumb but totally acceptable

He also opened the tiger cage before Ray was ready for no reason.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It was a level one anachronism. Even they couldn't gently caress it up!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
So when in Mick going to punch a clown nazi?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

bobkatt013 posted:

So when in Mick going to punch a clown nazi?

Crisis on Earth-X :ssh:

Gonna be a bunch of clowney Nazis in that one.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Sarah: Never tell me the odds!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

I assume everyone else shouted "hold my beer" when they said that?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bruceski posted:

I assume everyone else shouted "hold my beer" when they said that?

It would be a very Legendsy thing to have Rory say this in the background. I hope they do it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I really don't want to see Martin Stein lose his life. Like the show is light enough that a major death isn't needed. Give him his goddamn happy ending.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, please just let him get hit with a frabjulator ray that breaks his connection to Jax. Then he can retire happily after giving the matrix of leadership to someone else. Cpt Lance would be a good fit.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Bruceski posted:

"And that's our grand finale, I told you it wasn't for the faint of heart. You had action, you had romance, you had flaming things in the sky! Just wait until next week's show!"
Billy Zane was really good in this.

LongDarkNight posted:

Yeah, please just let him get hit with a frabjulator ray that breaks his connection to Jax. Then he can retire happily after giving the matrix of leadership to someone else. Cpt Lance would be a good fit.
Of the current team I'd go with Mick instead. He doesn't really have any special powers or abilities and his physical presence in a fight is about the least important thing about him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

Of the current team I'd go with Mick instead. He doesn't really have any special powers or abilities and his physical presence in a fight is about the least important thing about him.

It would make sense, too, since he's a pyromaniac.

Now I want to see Mick as Firestorm with Jax as the voice in his head. He looks and acts the exact same except his head is on fire the whole time.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Imagine them shifting Tom Cavanaugh to Legends so one of the Dr Wells can be one half of Firestorm. That would be very good. He pretty much filled the "Voice in the head of the Flash that tells him how to use his science powers." so it is a pretty easy transition.

Neon Knight fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 20, 2017

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Selachian posted:

I don't know why they're withholding a Doctor Who joke while Rip Hunter is present.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Neon Knight posted:

Imagine them shifting Tom Cavanaugh to Legends so one of the Dr Wells can be one half of Firestorm. That would be very good. He pretty much filled the "Voice in the head of the Flash that tells him how to use his science powers." so it is a pretty easy transition.

"You can do this. They're all counting on you, Jax. Now burn, Jackson! BURN :shepface:"

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

XboxPants posted:

"You can do this. They're all counting on you, Jax. Now burn, Jackson! BURN :shepface:"

Burn them ALL Jax.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Zebulon posted:

Burn them ALL Jax.

See this is why I'm thinking that in a hypothetical Rory-storm combo, Mick needs to be the disembodied, powerless voice offering helpful insights and inspirational speeches to Jackson. Way funnier.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

XboxPants posted:

See this is why I'm thinking that in a hypothetical Rory-storm combo, Mick needs to be the disembodied, powerless voice offering helpful insights and inspirational speeches to Jackson. Way funnier.

Mick as a floating ghost head giving bad advice would be hysterical.

"You should light this place on fire, Jax."

"We're in a orphanage Mick!"

"Trust me, they're better off. You don't want to know what black mold does to your lungs."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
He would remind him of his other power - the power to make anything beer

8one6
May 20, 2012

So when Mick and Jax merge is Firestorm suddenly drunk as gently caress, or does he inherit Mick's ability to function at up to 80% blood alcohol levels?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Catching up, and gently caress this show is getting lazier by the season :eng99: I mean it was always going to be silly with the anachronism gimmick, but the historian brings a picture book of Roman history with him in the minute it takes to drop off Caesar just to lose it and ruin two thousand years of history? They manage to escalate the severity of catching a shrunk sabre tooth tiger ten-fold, completely blow their cover at the end, and it's hand-waved by the timeline itself because it's Billy Zane's wacky circus?

Like holy poo poo, how has nobody knocked out Nate and dumped him back in 2017?

Them taking the piss out of there being a bigger threat waiting for them that makes everything they've faced yet pale in comparison! was funny though, if a bit frustratingly indicative of how seriously this is all going to be taken. Which would be fine, except as has been established, they're lazy

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 20, 2017

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

V-Men posted:

I don't know why they're withholding a Doctor Who joke while Rip Hunter is present.

There's such an easy one too, considering Heatwave's name is Rory! I still occasionally get confused when someone refers to "Rory" and have to remind myself what I'm watching.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Speaking of Dr who did anyone else see a TARDIS floating in the holographic map of time anachronisms?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

Speaking of Dr who did anyone else see a TARDIS floating in the holographic map of time anachronisms?

Rip: It's worse than we thought! The Doctor's a woman now!
Thirteen: t:mad:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was "Shoot it Ray! Shoot it!" a Ghostbusters reference?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At this stage of Legends' development I think its safe to say that anything that seems like it might be a goofy reference is probably a goofy reference.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
RAY

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Holy poo poo, Ray with the eyepatch and soulpatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They really turned up Stein's dickishness this ep.