Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Even better than that is the number of reasons they think up to make Victor Garber sing in as many episodes as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
That music fight scene :allears:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The real MVP of this season is Caity Lotz's shoulders, good god.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This show keeps getting better and better.

Mick's bizarre love of killing/fear of vampires was the highlight. I really hope he gets to stake a vampire at some point this season.

Let Victor Garber play multiple roles in every episode, please. Let his final episode be him in every single role. He's a national treasure and I hope he's not completely done with the whole DC comics TV-verse after this. There's always room his Professor Stein to come back for a guest spot.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Mick again proves to be the best again with casually carrying a stake around at all times. The glee on his face was perfect

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Love that Dominic Purcell was reading Dracula. Because of course he did!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Burning_Monk posted:

Love that Dominic Purcell was reading Dracula. Because of course he did!

Well he also played him in Blade 3.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Digital Jedi posted:

Well he also played him in Blade 3.

:thejoke:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Xarn posted:

yeah dude I was laughing like an idiot. I love that this show can take villains that died on the more "serious" arrowverse shows and just bring them back because they were awesome and just be like "um time aberration."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xarn posted:

I'm impressed that Flash this week centered around a drunken bachelor party that devolved into a fist fight for the stupidest of reasons... and yet it's Legends that features Return of the Mack as a background track.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know... I haven't been fully on board with the sheer love and "best of the Arrowverse shows" Legends has been getting the last year or so. I mean, I definitely agreed it had improved a lot and was more fun, but it still kind of felt like the show of the bunch that I was least enthused to watch each week.

But God drat the last two episodes may have totally turned me around to "God I love this." Somewhere between last week's Gumball bobbing to "Good Morning" as he made a bunch of Men in Black perform it with his mind and this week's Damian Darkh killing people in tune to "Return of the Mack" I just fell in love and any enthusiasm gasp disappeared.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, this is the best show primarily because it leans into its strengths hard and just has fun. Flash is getting back to its roots and is likewise seeing a similar resurgence to being actually good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, I kept the last two episodes on my DVR and I wasn't sure why and now I realize its so I can now go back and rewatch those two scenes.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That was a great episode. Just everything

E: the E.T. one, haven't watched the latest.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 9, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Mick again proves to be the best again with casually carrying a stake around at all times. The glee on his face was perfect

It was funny how when Rip said "vampire" you could see Mick turn quickly in the background.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to have Return of the Mack stuck in my head for a week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

I JUST got Good Morning out of my head a couple of days ago.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

The best part of that whole sequence is that since Ray still had Dahrk's watch on the Waverider, the music was technically coming from nowhere, and yet Dahrk was clearly dancing along to it as he was loving everyone up with his magic. So that basically means we were hearing what was playing in Dahrk's head as he beat the poo poo out of the Time Bureau goons :aaaaa:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I've been listening to it like on repeat in my car, amusingly I always liked it but never knew what it was called or what he was saying until Nate was singing it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Life is unfair.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The best part of that whole sequence is that since Ray still had Dahrk's watch on the Waverider, the music was technically coming from nowhere, and yet Dahrk was clearly dancing along to it as he was loving everyone up with his magic. So that basically means we were hearing what was playing in Dahrk's head as he beat the poo poo out of the Time Bureau goons :aaaaa:

I think the little finger waggle with the turntable scratching is going to be the high point of the season, and I say that with the full knowledge this series has been loving great for a while.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

It was funny how when Rip said "vampire" you could see Mick turn quickly in the background.

I caught this on a rewatch and cracked up hard

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Who stole my watch?"

We don't deserve Damien Dhark.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
They're wasting no time at all in setting up the glorious goofiness of this episode.

And they remembered the Land part of the sign. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They are hard selling Hedy Lamarr tonight.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This is a wonderful episode all around.

Darhk's reaction to finding out Stein is in Jackson's body was worth, like, everything.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Shouldn't they have reset Hedy's memory?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Themyscira rad.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh gently caress that preview.

Yessssss.

:kheldragar:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Not gonna lie, I did a fistpump at that final bit there.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

howe_sam posted:

They are hard selling Hedy Lamarr tonight.

It’s Hedley

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

When did Zari learn to fly and navigate the jump ship?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

When did Zari learn to fly and navigate the jump ship?

We can assume she was taught the basics at some point, and even failing that she's seen it done a few times by now and could probably guess or computer-nerd the rest of it from there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Oh gently caress that preview.

Yessssss.

:kheldragar:

Oh boy, I see a Vietnam era acid trip along with some Predator shenanigans.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Themyscira rad.

Kinda makes me wish they did a little stinger with the DCEU Wonder Woman theme at the end, but yeah I got a big smile out of that one.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Was that the same layout as from the movie?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like that in this reality Sara is indirectly the inspiration for a warrior woman culture on Themyscira

this is my head canon i won't hear anything else

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I like that in this reality Sara is indirectly the inspiration for a warrior woman culture on Themyscira

this is my head canon i won't hear anything else

The way Zari was describing it, Themyscira already was a warrior culture at the time when she dropped Helen off there. Me, I'm going with the implication that Diana is a descendant of Helen of Troy (and that Wonder Woman exists in the Arrowverse, because come on guys!)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Argue posted:

Was that the same layout as from the movie?

The beach sure looked the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Even though he hasn't been given a lot of range to work with, I thought the actor who plays Jefferson did a pretty drat good job channeling Stein.