Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Y'know I had a feeling those were Avas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A street magician!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh God now he’s dressing like Criss Angel

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DJ S'more Money, you rear end in a top hat!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

This is incredible

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The fist raise!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Omg that thingy is so adorable! I want one as a pet!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think this episode had 3 of the funniest moments in this show's history.

1) The alien's explanation of his planet abandoning binary genders long ago, followed by DJ S'more being silent for just a second, followed by his enthusiastic acceptance.

2) Mick squashing the alien mid-sentence as he was about to reveal everything.

3) Mick fairly accurately drawing what the alien looked like after just hearing "chicken wings on its face"

Good episode even if I'm not feeling Constantine/Zari at all and think that Zari is a really terrible person (and not in the fun way like Mick has been in the past).

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I have grown to like New Zari mainly because she follows my leopard print style.

This episode was a giant step up from the last . I can't remember a time when I wasn't cackling laughing.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 17, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Zari is that "The Worst" kind of person, but she's slowly been growing because she's away from the influences like Hollywood and her assistant that demand her to be "The Worst". She's never gonna be OG Zari who's haunted by the loss of her brother and hardened by living under an oppressive rule, but she doesn't need to.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The assistants behavior was kind of odd, I wasn't sure if they were going for just freaky and self-serving, or if they were trying to imply there was more to her than usual with her appearing out of nowhere thing. You'd think John would have picked up on it if it was a demon, but maybe something else.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

seaborgium posted:

The assistants behavior was kind of odd, I wasn't sure if they were going for just freaky and self-serving, or if they were trying to imply there was more to her than usual with her appearing out of nowhere thing. You'd think John would have picked up on it if it was a demon, but maybe something else.

Sometimes a sneaky person is just sneaky. No supernatural elements involved. I'm sure someone like Sara could do it if they wanted to. I know Malcom and Ollie have done similar things in less comedic terms.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do love the episode opening with the Buzzcock's Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm still not real pumped on the season concept, but there's definitely been some gold. I lost it at Mick stomping the alien during it's big speech

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really doubt it was intentional, but Lord Noxikrillian reminds me a lot of Psycho Goreman.

Nate turns into Colossus so rarely I forget he has a superpower.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
still don't like the john x zari thing, but i appreciate from a character arc standpoint that it was john who wanted to move the relationship to the next level first

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

I really doubt it was intentional, but Lord Noxikrillian reminds me a lot of Psycho Goreman.

Yeah I was just telling a friend the same thing. I would guess they were in production around the same time, it's not exactly a SUPER unique concept but definitely very similar.

That said, if you haven't seen Psycho Goreman go see Psycho Goreman it's amazing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

Yeah I was just telling a friend the same thing. I would guess they were in production around the same time, it's not exactly a SUPER unique concept but definitely very similar.

That said, if you haven't seen Psycho Goreman go see Psycho Goreman it's amazing

It was sorta in the way he talked too. But yea, see it, its a lot of fun, great rubber monsters and crazy violence.

site posted:

still don't like the john x zari thing, but i appreciate from a character arc standpoint that it was john who wanted to move the relationship to the next level first

To be fair, I totally understand taking the opportunity with Tala Ashe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, i mean yes, but i was just thinking about how john has changed as a person wrt sex and relationships from s3 (esp during and after s4) to now

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

well, i mean yes, but i was just thinking about how john has changed as a person wrt sex and relationships from s3 (esp during and after s4) to now

Oh yea, I can see that.

I wonder if the change of Zari's was in part to make a brown person a popular, attractive and desired person, something that you never, ever see.

Wait? Men in Black ending?????

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1394420503545323527
TVLine has an interview with David Ramsey up about his jaunt through Earth Prime, including a picture of his character in Legends, and oh my god :allears:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

quote:

TVLINE | What was one of the “biggest” things you had to direct, among the three shows?
You mentioned Superman & Lois, the scope of which is unlike anything we’ve seen in this Berlanti-verse, and Supergirl, like Flash, is one of our older stalwarts, so they are very dialed in. But you want to know something? Legends.

Some people may or may not be like, “Really? Legends?” Yes. Legends is one of those shows that is very indulgent, if you will, as a director. When you come into any show, they have a tone — “You do this, and you don’t do that. “On some shows, it’s like, “Hey, I want to do this with the camera.” “I want to put this with him,” and it’s like, “Ohhh, we don’t really do that.” On Legends? “Where do you want it? What do you want to do? Absolutely, go for it!” Personally, I think if Legends was on a major network and had a little more money thrown into it, it would be nominated for art director, for set designer, because it’s that crazy, and that big. Every week is Deadpool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I love this and it's great to hear. It's definitely a shame it's not on a bigger network, but idk if any of them would want to spend the money. Of all things, they could find a budget upgrade if they were on HBO Max and not on CW.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also after the two time travel Supergirl Episodes, Dreamer and Brainy would totally bring a much needed professionalism to Legends.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

twistedmentat posted:

Also after the two time travel Supergirl Episodes, Dreamer and Brainy would totally bring a much needed professionalism to Legends.

Which disqualifies them. This isn't a show about Time Professionals.

My favorite part of the show was all the video footage of people in their rooms clapping unenthusiastically.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
That reminds me when Wally was on the show and how they actually properly used a speedster several times.

"Oh no, we need to get the possessed guitar away from Elvis. First we'll get disguises and ..."
***WHOOOSH** "Okay got the guitar, what's next?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

That reminds me when Wally was on the show and how they actually properly used a speedster several times.

"Oh no, we need to get the possessed guitar away from Elvis. First we'll get disguises and ..."
***WHOOOSH** "Okay got the guitar, what's next?"

Or the inverse when Thawne was the big bad of the season, showing just how loving horrifying the prospect of a bunch of ostensible normies facing down a speedster really would be.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1394420503545323527
TVLine has an interview with David Ramsey up about his jaunt through Earth Prime, including a picture of his character in Legends, and oh my god :allears:

Maybe he's gonna recruit Rory to be a Green lantern, and that's why he leaves?

"Hurh, my real name is Guy Gardner, but that sounds stupid!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yo can I get a gif of Mick doing the stomp?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ApeHawk posted:

Which disqualifies them. This isn't a show about Time Professionals.

My favorite part of the show was all the video footage of people in their rooms clapping unenthusiastically.

I think those two on the Waverider would lose their professionalism real fast. Sometimes you just gotta do the stupid poo poo.

And that video wall looked like a zoom room, I was honestly expecting a bunch of people to get a thanks in the credit for going to a virtual con and agreeing to be in an episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
One of the writers of this week's episode has been posting some behind the scenes stuff and guys we really missed out.

https://twitter.com/tyronsaidso/status/1394083838226169856

Although one fun thing I learned, talk about making lemons from lemonade, Lord Knox's suit was repurposed from Rory's Chronos armor back from the dark times season 1.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Lord Knoxicrillion was robbed. His song was better.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TwoPair posted:

Although one fun thing I learned, talk about making lemons from lemonade, Lord Knox's suit was repurposed from Rory's Chronos armor back from the dark times season 1.

Ah, a kitbash, a classic budget saving move.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Ither posted:

Lord Knoxicrillion was robbed. His song was better.

The song is only part of the competition, he should have won from his superior stage presence.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Speaking of stage presence, the host actor killed it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I went to a local singing competition in the before times and you wouldn't believe how many people just did the same song.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
My god, is there a single better diss on Game Of Thrones than a parody song about female empowerment and dragons, as sung by a Terminator?

This episode ruled.

The return of the Ava Clones, the scene where Mick accelerates the conflict, the terminator does a dance competition joke, the sneakers joke with the DJ head, that really good bit where the cast make completely random guesses about what the plot of the week is and are accidentally right.

God, Mick trying to take responsibility because he's scared everyone else will move on without him is adorable.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I'm sad we didn't hear the kpop twins

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

V-Men posted:

I'm sad we didn't hear the kpop twins

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized why it felt familiar, it maybe wasn't intentional, but the whole song where everyone gets into it reminded me a lot of when Mr Negative does basically the same thing in Danny the Street.

I know its not exactly the only time that's happened in a show, but it reminded me a lot of it.