Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I predict Sarah will sacrifice herself at the climax and next season will be the team getting her soul back (again).

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Have Ray do it, then the team having to come to terms with the all new Angry Ray. He hates show tunes! And kicks puppies!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're clearly going to use the Ave cloning machine to make a second Amaya to send back to the correct time period.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sloth Life posted:

Have Ray do it, then the team having to come to terms with the all new Angry Ray. He hates show tunes! And kicks puppies!

Evil Ray would be like Good Ray but microwaves fish and forgets to clean it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brandon Routh's photo op is only $10 more than his standard autograph price.

I'M GOING TO HUG THE poo poo OUT OF RAY

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Brandon Routh's photo op is only $10 more than his standard autograph price.

I'M GOING TO HUG THE poo poo OUT OF RAY

Tell him that he was a fantastic Superman, too. I bought the original Superman trilogy a year or so ago and we watched Superman, the Superman 2 Donner cut, and Superman Returns back to back. His Clark / Superman was some uncanny valley Christopher Reeve poo poo.
I'd seen Superman Returns before that, but watching them all in a row showcased how much of a treasure he truly is.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I really loved how meta the whole John Noble thing was.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This is the best show on TV. It's amazing how they bring out the best in every character. Wally was underutilized in the Flash, now he's the powerhouse of the team. Darkh was a pretty good Arrow villain, now he an extremely complex character that I actually want to see become a hero, or at least have a happy end to this season.

When the Earth totem first showed up, coupled with Constantine, I kept hoping for Swamp Thing to appear. And you know what? That's probably not that far off for this show, they could do it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Burning_Monk posted:

I really loved how meta the whole John Noble thing was.

I like that they've set up the show to do that convincingly. If they tried that poo poo on Arrow or Flash it would just seem bad, with extra drama. Here it's just "Mallus sounds like John Noble, lets just get John Noble to record some lines for us. Send Ray, he's a giant dork that would love this." It's believable because they're just such fuckups who don't know what they're doing, that the simplest solution works for them.

The dig at Tolkien was pretty good too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I like that they've set up the show to do that convincingly. If they tried that poo poo on Arrow or Flash it would just seem bad, with extra drama. Here it's just "Mallus sounds like John Noble, lets just get John Noble to record some lines for us. Send Ray, he's a giant dork that would love this." It's believable because they're just such fuckups who don't know what they're doing, that the simplest solution works for them.

It was actually a dig at Peter Jackson :eng101: Twice over, actually, because there's the dig at changing things for no reason to beef up the female representation (the Hobbit), and then at the start of the scene you can hear a guy in the background with a very distinct New Zealand accent shout "No worries! We'll fix it in post!", which was a constant refrain of PJ's on set whenever he felt something was beyond buggered.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Fancy Hat posted:

This is the best show on TV. It's amazing how they bring out the best in every character. Wally was underutilized in the Flash, now he's the powerhouse of the team. Darkh was a pretty good Arrow villain, now he an extremely complex character that I actually want to see become a hero, or at least have a happy end to this season.

When the Earth totem first showed up, coupled with Constantine, I kept hoping for Swamp Thing to appear. And you know what? That's probably not that far off for this show, they could do it.

He's still a huge piece of poo poo and will gently caress you over the second it benefits him. He's not complex at all. His only goals are world domination and now save his daughter. He can, and did, betray the team since he thought it would help save his daughter regardless of the consequences for everyone else. He absolutely does not deserve a happy ending just because he's charming.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Damien Darhk did nothing wrong :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm fine with Darhk getting away scot-free for the same reason I am with Thawne getting away every time: just like Tom Cavanaugh and Matt Letscher, Neal McDonough is having a loving ball playing him and he should be allowed to for as long as he wants to.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's still a huge piece of poo poo and will gently caress you over the second it benefits him. He's not complex at all. His only goals are world domination and now save his daughter. He can, and did, betray the team since he thought it would help save his daughter regardless of the consequences for everyone else. He absolutely does not deserve a happy ending just because he's charming.

Yes, but he's a three-dimension piece of poo poo, not a cardboard cut-out villain.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Rhyno posted:

They're clearly going to use the Ave cloning machine to make a second Amaya to send back to the correct time period.

Ah, the Chrono Trigger plan. I like it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Being the new head writer, you should do an AMA.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

seaborgium posted:

Was it this season where Team Arrow had to "Save Billy Joel" by splicing random concert footage into a fight scene?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Send him 10,000 years of Chronos Brainwashing Academy, so he's just snarky, rather than evil. Worked for Rory.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress off. Nate's the guy, and Wally's BFF.

I do miss Ray/Nate BFF action

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Yes, but he's a three-dimension piece of poo poo, not a cardboard cut-out villain.

I believe the "Without [love,] Sarah, we're left alone in the dark, and that's a bad place for us to be." speech was legit heartfelt and regretful. I don't doubt at all he won't go "wait a loving minute I have the DEATH totem I can remake the world now AND I don't have a demon for a daughter mwaaaaaaahahahahahahaha" the nanosecond Mollusk is put away, but it's neat to see there's an actual human being under all the scenery chewing psychopathy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GigaPeon posted:

Send him 10,000 years of Chronos Brainwashing Academy, so he's just snarky, rather than evil. Worked for Rory.

cons: need to constantly be in a state of mental numbness to block out traumatic memories of unspeakable mental tortures
pros: drink all you want in the morning no one apparently cares

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I would love for them to acknowledge Rory's hosed up poo poo at some point in season 4, but that would require them to also acknowledge anything from season 1 other than Snart's death, so it ain't gonna' happen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

I do miss Ray/Nate BFF action

Same here. I miss my Dumbass Science Bros :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

How much money did they spend on the finale this year? All of it. They spent literally every last dollar of this year's production budget on the finale.

Some commentor or Reddit put it best:

quote:

In other news, The Flash season finale will be filmed entirely with muppets.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite part of this season so far was knowing Mick's a writer.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Elentor posted:

My favorite part of this season so far was knowing Mick's a writer.

I hope he gets promoted to showrunner.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

I hope he gets promoted to showrunner.

WHO WRITES THIS CRAP? ...OH WAIT, I DO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Photo ops are sold out but I got to meet Brandon, got an autograph and a hug!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That muppet idea actually sounds like it would improve the Flash.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

That muppet idea actually sounds like it would improve the Flash.

Well, they already did Muppet Stein, so it’s not outside the real of possibility anymore...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

nine-gear crow posted:

WHO WRITES THIS CRAP? ...OH WAIT, I DO.

The show's all been Mick's novel since Snart died, and is his way of dealing with it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I binged a bunch of episodes over the weekend but am still behind so I won't be able to watch the finale live.

But goddamn has this been fun.

Its odd because on the surface the show should be much weaker than last year by losing Letscher and Barrowman and I don't give one flying gently caress about Mallus. And yet its worked out so much better, and I'm not sure how.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I binged a bunch of episodes over the weekend but am still behind so I won't be able to watch the finale live.

Its odd because on the surface the show should be much weaker than last year by losing Letscher and Barrowman and I don't give one flying gently caress about Mallus. And yet its worked out so much better, and I'm not sure how.

The main cast is just that strong.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

Just wait for the episode that aired last week. John Noble will make you suddenly care about Mallus, quite literally personally.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

oh god no

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aw, RIP Rip :(

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rip RIP

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wally liberated and having no-fucks fun across time is the best thing every :allears:

"Like, I know Rip's dead... but holy poo poo look at how awesome I look in this hat!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Never a bad time for a hallucinogenic vision quest.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That's it? They just need to hold hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

That's it? They just need to hold hands?

...There were lasers too.