Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I can't believe Diaz is the fourth Worldkiller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Darkseid got the anti-life equation from Diaz.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pretty sure Diaz will come to Legends and end up being an amazing villain

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

VictorianQueerLit posted:

None of you get it. Diaz has already won.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Senerio posted:

So a week removed I feel the time loop episode is the best episode of Season 3 and arguably my favorite period.

The preview for that episode was really well put together too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4usJXpzwQ

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good article

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/4/18/17243066/legends-of-tomorrow-season-3-review-bonkers-moments

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have rewatched that final fight scene six or seven times and I am still in awe of how stupidly awesome and awesomely stupid it is.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

I have rewatched that final fight scene six or seven times and I am still in awe of how stupidly awesome and awesomely stupid it is.

I'm in awe of the CG. Imagine going back to 1992 and showing that to Spielberg just after Jurassic Park.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

I'm in awe of the CG. Imagine going back to 1992 and showing that to Spielberg just after Jurassic Park.

And that's on TV, and not a really huge TV show!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bruceski posted:

I'd rather show a different episode to Peter Jackson

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bring back old gbs posted:

I'm reasonably confident someone somewhere has shown it to him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

If you did that he'd fire John Noble on the spot and create a time paradox.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Beebo is one of the greatest moments in the history of TV

give me Etrigan

Gone, gone man like a bug! BEBO LOVES YOU, GIVE ME HUGS

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Chase, when he blew his brains out to get off this show

quote:

already won

:thunk:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

nine-gear crow posted:

If you did that he'd fire John Noble on the spot and create a time paradox.
Leading to an episode where Ray, Wally, and Nate travel back in time to talk Peter Jackson into re-hiring John Noble to prevent a paradox from unleasing a demon. They fail, demons start attacking the set... but it turns out Noble's real name is Jason Blood, and things work out from there.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Speedforce.

I ain't gotta explain poo poo :colbert:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bruceski posted:

The effects for when they tried to use their totems as weapons the first time were really ropey though. Nates ball of earth in particular.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Mr Beens posted:

The effects for when they tried to use their totems as weapons the first time were really ropey though. Nates ball of earth in particular.

They had to be careful with the budget. You could tell that when Mallus/Malice/Mollusk went back to his home planet for most of the episode and sent his human subordinates out to do his dirty work.

"Uhhhh he's.....injured? so we are going to deal with blackbeard for awhile."

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rewatching season 1 and it Vandal Savage and Hawkman still suck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

Why would you do that to yourself? Wait, was the only other thing you had to watch literally Allen Gregory?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
https://io9.gizmodo.com/legends-of-tomorrow-thrives-when-there-are-no-rules-sa-1825413114

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Why would you do that to yourself? Wait, was the only other thing you had to watch literally Allen Gregory?

IMO Snart's character arc makes it worth at least watching, and you kinda need that for season 2.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

I've often wondered lately, since Legends is the show that can redeem just about any facet of the Arrowverse through the power of not giving a gently caress, could Legends redeem its own first season in any way? Could they make a S2/S3 Damien Darhk out of Vandal Savage if they really tried? Or should they just leave it all behind in the dust and keep moving forward with other things?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I've often wondered lately, since Legends is the show that can redeem just about any facet of the Arrowverse through the power of not giving a gently caress, could Legends redeem its own first season in any way? Could they make a S2/S3 Damien Darhk out of Vandal Savage if they really tried? Or should they just leave it all behind in the dust and keep moving forward with other things?

They could have a plot where they need to shadow themselves throughout key points in their own pasts during S1.

Have the new crew commenting on how bad / dumb the hawk people and Vandal Savage are while Sarah, Ray and Rory try and defend some of the dumb stuff they were doing.

Zari: "Why didn't you shoot him."
Rory: "I wanted to. They wouldn't let me.
Sarah: "He was Immortal that heals from any injury."
Nate: "So throw him into outer space."
Sarah: "Look, can we not do this right now?"
Nate and Wally Laughing: "Sure let's go help the reincarnated Egyptian hawk lovers find their magical dagger"
*Sarah glowers at them*

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 20, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm willing to give Kendra another chance but gently caress Carter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I'm willing to give Kendra another chance but gently caress Carter.

Yeah, Hawkgirl was perfectly fine, pretty much 100% of her problems were Hawkman-related.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IMO Snart's character arc makes it worth at least watching, and you kinda need that for season 2.

Sara also got a lot of character foundation built in that season. Both them them ran pretty parallel redemption arcs. Plus Mick's whole thing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

VictorianQueerLit posted:

They could have a plot where they need to shadow themselves throughout key points in their own pasts during S1.

Have the new crew commenting on how bad / dumb the hawk people and Vandal Savage are while Sarah, Ray and Rory try and defend some of the dumb stuff they were doing.

Zari: "Why didn't you shoot him."
Rory: "I wanted to. They wouldn't let me.
Sarah: "He was Immortal that heals from any injury."
Nate: "So throw him into outer space."
Sarah: "Look, can we not do this right now?"
Nate and Wally Laughing: "Sure let's go help the reincarnated Egyptian hawk lovers find their magical dagger"
*Sarah glowers at them*

Or maybe they figure out that the biggest time anomaly is them succeeding at killing Savage, and spend an arc steathily stopping themselves from winning.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Brandon Routh in that article Kilson posted:

“I think the inclination would be to maybe make him go opposite—because he’s such a science guy and magic can’t be proven—but I think the opposite of that,” Routh said. “I told the writers that I think Ray should embrace the magic aspect of it, because he wants to understand it and figure it out through science. See if there is a way, not push it away.”

I like the way Routh thinks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hangedman1984 posted:

I like the way Routh thinks.

Ray is going to make something that makes the body horror summon from the finale seem cute in comparison.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, Hawkgirl was perfectly fine, pretty much 100% of her problems were Hawkman-related.

This has been my opinion of the Hawks for at least 20 years. Best is the JL cartoon, because Hawkgirl is her own person and when Carter shows up, everyone tells him to gently caress off, especially Batman.

Besides the most notable problems, I also hate the big reveal of the Time Masters being in the tank for Savage. Really? The powerful organization that has been trying to prevent Rick and crew from stopping Savage are secret bad guys? Wow such a twist!

8one6
May 20, 2012

Do you think the Time Bureau agents ever have to deal with Time Masters? Like, the Time Masters are destroyed sure, but they operated through the whole of spacetime. There have to be times where Bureau agents had to go in and fight Chronos or reverse a change the masters made.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

nine-gear crow posted:

The Hawkgirl actress was one of the worst actresses I've ever seen. Don't ever bring her back.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Season one has Sarah and Jax sharing a dube with young Prof. Stein in the second episode. In the third episode Sarah beats a bank staff's rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just finished season 3, I'm shocked by how good it is. Flash Season 1 good. Consistent characterization, actual funny moments, drama that made sense, just real good overall. I wasn't even a huge fan of the first two seasons.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

Season one has Sarah and Jax sharing a dube with young Prof. Stein in the second episode. In the third episode Sarah beats a bank staff's rear end.

Sara also starts a barroom brawl in the pilot because she macks on a biker dude's girlfriend. And Ray fights a giant doom bot near the finale. And the Space Ranger Stein episode was really good.

Season 1 Legends has lots of bits and blips scattered throughout it that make it worth watching and hint at what the show would eventually become, so I will still defend its merit even today.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just finished season 3, I'm shocked by how good it is. Flash Season 1 good. Consistent characterization, actual funny moments, drama that made sense, just real good overall. I wasn't even a huge fan of the first two seasons.

:thunk:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

Sara also starts a barroom brawl in the pilot because she macks on a biker dude's girlfriend. And Ray fights a giant doom bot near the finale. And the Space Ranger Stein episode was really good.

Season 1 Legends has lots of bits and blips scattered throughout it that make it worth watching and hint at what the show would eventually become, so I will still defend its merit even today.

Yeah, Season 1's just not as bad as people remember it as long as you (a) know that they work out the bugs as they go on and (b) know the Hawks/Savage stuff will come to an end.

I guess maybe some people might be mad because Mick's kind of still very much a bad guy but he's a bad guy through a lot of S2 too.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wait what? How could you not get into season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wait what? How could you not get into season 2?
I liked it enough to watch Season 3. It was a hell of an improvement of Season 1.