Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aleph Null posted:

Lol blocked by WB

Even more lol? I only found it because the show's official twitter account linked to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mark your calendars, they're back on Oct 22 to screw everything up once again!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Courtney Ford has been moved up to series regular, hopefully that means Nora is joining the Legends.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Also Courtney Ford has been moved up to series regular, hopefully that means Nora is joining the Legends.

gently caress yeah :woop:

It's either that or Nora convinces Ray to go be mildly evil with her and that's where that "One or more of the Legends breaks bad this year" tease comes into play. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be down with Brandon Routh and his wife being a pair of really dumb, infectiously charming supervillains for part of next season.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Ray starts arching Nate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Evil-Ray has been foretold since the time I mentioned it like 6 months ago the dawn of time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Ray starts arching Nate.

Let’s be honest, Nate deserves it. Dude tried to bang his mom...

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 23, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

gently caress yeah :woop:

It's either that or Nora convinces Ray to go be mildly evil with her and that's where that "One or more of the Legends breaks bad this year" tease comes into play. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be down with Brandon Routh and his wife being a pair of really dumb, infectiously charming supervillains for part of next season.

Evil Ray would be awesome. He tries to be evil, but keeps screwing up so good things happen

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Let’s be honest, Nate deserves it. Dude tried to bang his mom...

well.....in all fairness.....that alien came onto him first.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Davros1 posted:

Evil Ray would be awesome. He tries to be evil, but keeps screwing up so good things happen

Ray starts calculating changes he can make to not just repair, but improve the timeline safely, the rest of the Legends keep trying to stop him because they don't believe he can.

But everyone's idiots.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

OB_Juan posted:

Ray starts calculating changes he can make to not just repair, but improve the timeline safely, the rest of the Legends keep trying to stop him because they don't believe he can.

But everyone's idiots.

I don't know, I'm sure that Zari, the bisexual muslim from a future ruled by Argus after they go full Nazi, would be all for loving with the timeline. She's already been looking for loopholes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Good. Her entrance and acting during her introduction was plaza levels of bonkers and I’m looking forward to it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

BioEnchanted posted:

I don't know, I'm sure that Zari, the bisexual muslim from a future ruled by Argus after they go full Nazi, would be all for loving with the timeline. She's already been looking for loopholes.

Was she openly bi on-screen? I might have missed that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Season 4 synopsis

quote:

After defeating Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends were ready to ease off the gas. That was until Constantine arrived to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. So when all hell breaks loose, who ya gonna call? That’s right, the Legends!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The big bad will be the Brothers Grimm.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The big bad will be the Brothers Grimm.

But who will be the Brothers Grimm?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume "fairytales" just means "The Legends are totally going to fight a dragon" but its Legends so I certainly can't factor out the possibility of them just hanging out with Snow White.

I mean, the big bad could be a witch or a demon or something but the big bad of last season was a demon and Darkh basically is a witch.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

One will be played by Matt Damon. The other will be played by Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Davros1 posted:

Nate and Ray.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Nate's going to try and bang the evil step mother.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I assume "fairytales" just means "The Legends are totally going to fight a dragon" but its Legends so I certainly can't factor out the possibility of them just hanging out with Snow White.

I mean, the big bad could be a witch or a demon or something but the big bad of last season was a demon and Darkh basically is a witch.

Basically the bad guys are all magic folks this go around so I'd expect the big bad to be someone like Morgan le Fay or the Queen of Fables

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think Morgan Le Fay is actually a really good call of the sort of villain. Lots Legends would have fun with a character most people have heard of in passing but that they could really do whatever they want with. But I think a lot of it depends on if they go fullblown "magic and fantasy" or if its more Constantine type demons and magic. I think people might just be jumping on the "fairytale" line a bit much.

But again, its Legends, so it totally could be Fables or non-Disney Once Upon A Time or something. I mean, there's no rules after Beebo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think Morgan Le Fay is actually a really good call of the sort of villain. Lots Legends would have fun with a character most people have heard of in passing but that they could really do whatever they want with. But I think a lot of it depends on if they go fullblown "magic and fantasy" or if its more Constantine type demons and magic. I think people might just be jumping on the "fairytale" line a bit much.

But again, its Legends, so it totally could be Fables or non-Disney Once Upon A Time or something. I mean, there's no rules after Beebo.

They also did Camelot already so she's already primed and waiting in the background ostensibly. And Morgan Le Fay is also a character whose evolved into an anti-hero/anti-villain in just as many stories over time as she's been a villain in, so she'd be one hell of a fun wild card.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

Nate's going to try and bang the evil step mother.
But Sara actually will gently caress Cinderella. This is because she is smarter than Nate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think Morgan Le Fay is actually a really good call of the sort of villain. Lots Legends would have fun with a character most people have heard of in passing but that they could really do whatever they want with.
Also an established DC villain.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

MOTHERFUCKIN' TIME TRAVELLING LEPRECHAUNS!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DC recently brought Promethea into their mainstream universe. They could totally do that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

God, it's a shame it Disney owns Marvel instead of DC, because I would be down as gently caress for the Legends to ruin a bunch of Disney fairytale characters' lives with their Time Idiocy ala Once Upon A Time. Only like not suck at it like OUAT did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also not exactly a big surprise based on previous reports/posters for the new season but Maisie Richardson-Sellers has confirmed that Amaya will be back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

God, it's a shame it Disney owns Marvel instead of DC, because I would be down as gently caress for the Legends to ruin a bunch of Disney fairytale characters' lives with their Time Idiocy ala Once Upon A Time. Only like not suck at it like OUAT did.

I don't know but I assume most of those Grimm characters and stuff are actually publicly available. Like I think they could do Snow White if they wanted to, it just couldn't be Disney's Snow White. And like they couldn't do Frozen. After all, Fables was (is?) a thing.

But if Legends had free access to Disney characters they'd just go straight for the Mouse.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 28, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Also not exactly a big surprise based on previous reports/posters for the new season but Maisie Richardson-Sellers has confirmed that Amaya will be back.

:woop:

Again, I hope just for as long as she's on the show she ends one season with "I'm going back to my people in Zambesi" and starts the next with "...Well, I guess I'm doing this poo poo again :manning:"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My hope is that at some point they finally land Megalyn Echikunwoke and she shows up and is like "Gammi, what the gently caress?!"

But I fear they retconned it so the other sister is now modern Vixen permanently.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

STAC Goat posted:

My hope is that at some point they finally land Megalyn Echikunwoke and she shows up and is like "Gammi, what the gently caress?!"

But I fear they retconned it so the other sister is now modern Vixen permanently.

I thought they time-shared the totem?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was something like that but I fear that it was done so that when they want to use Modern Vixen they don't actually have to try and get the apparently hard to book actress.

Its always just going to be a thing with me because I'm a fan of Megalyn, was excited when she was cast on Arrow, and then disappointed that she's never shown up again despite tons of Vixen and opportunities. Not that I don't love Maisie but its just always going to be one of my Arrowverse disappointments along with stuff like Wally and Roy never finding a new group of friends and everything about the Huntress.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Season 4 synopsis

quote:

So when all hell breaks loose, who ya gonna call? That’s right, the Legends
Honestly, I'm just glad to see that we're going to get a cold opening that runs into a Legends/Ghostbusters theme song.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Honestly, I'm just glad to see that we're going to get a cold opening that runs into a Legends/Ghostbusters theme song.
[/quote]

Same, but it's the opening to Ghostbusters 2 where they're at a kid's birthday party

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Legends: Who're you gonna call?

Children: DEATHSTROKE!

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Davros1 posted:

I have an idea

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

This might come as a shock, but hell yes am I down for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012