Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah, the liberated prisoners didn't seem like they were all metas.

I'm loving how they tease the next episode at the end of the current one.

It seems the CW Seed's Vixen cartoon has had the "Water Assassin" as a main villain (kinda spoilery even though it's technically canon in the Arrowverse, but she's Amaya's granddaughter and Future Vixen's sister). Also, there's more background on the totems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Good episode but a little disappointed we didn't get a Lilah cameo as future ARGUS director.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

LongDarkNight posted:

Good episode but a little disappointed we didn't get a Lilah cameo as future ARGUS director.

No, we need Robo Amanda Waller.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: What a BITCH!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
wait hold the gently caress up

I just realized something

the person in the robes that summoned water assassin, I think it's the motherfucking Time Trapper :aaa:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chokes McGee posted:

wait hold the gently caress up

I just realized something

the person in the robes that summoned water assassin, I think it's the motherfucking Time Trapper :aaa:

We know the LOSH is coming on Supergirl, it would be a way to merge the worlds.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
gently caress that Time Bureau bitch. "you guys really hosed up the timeline by releasing a bunch of innocents, including KIDS, from a evil science torture camp! They have to be brutally tortured to death for the good of the timeline!".

I hope she dies in a really, really horrible way.

Mick totally roasted those guys to death, right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress that Time Bureau bitch. "you guys really hosed up the timeline by releasing a bunch of innocents, including KIDS, from a evil science torture camp! They have to be brutally tortured to death for the good of the timeline!".

Mick totally roasted those guys to death, right?

Look they can't change the timeline. Unless they can.

Writing! :eng99:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

gently caress that Time Bureau bitch. "

She and Sara are going to bang before the season's over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I've been rewatching the first season of Arrow lately, and I'm kind of bemused by how Oliver and Sara basically entered this universe together and over the course of 10 years, their lives have diverged so wildly, yet both have ended up in kind of the same place this year.

Both of them are spending their time this year squaring off against an angry woman from an investigatory agency who want to shut them down for being vigilantes who ruin everything they touch, yet while Oliver's confrontations with his opponent consist of glowering at her in conference rooms, Sara just openly beats the poo poo out of her and tries to kill her by ramming her big giant space ship into Sharpe's even bigger giant space ship.

I love how Arrow has paradoxically become the weirdest of the CW shows purely because of how non-weird it is in comparison to the other three.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Is it dumb that I expect Gary to be associated with the villain later this season?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Is it dumb that I expect Gary to be associated with the villain later this season?

gently caress that, I hope Gary is Mallus after all, given all the poo poo that's been done to him so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Probably by the mid season break.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

howe_sam posted:

Oh yeah definitely. They said Sara would get a love interest this season and Agent Sharpe has been labeled for it since their first interactions.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Probably by the mid season break.

This line from the OP makes me giggle every time I read it

Inkspot posted:

Sarah putting the moves on Damien Darhk's daughter probably

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

It will be a hate gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Of course Legends is doing a Stranger Things episode.

Yer Burnt posted:

Yeah, the liberated prisoners didn't seem like they were all metas.

I'm loving how they tease the next episode at the end of the current one.

It seems the CW Seed's Vixen cartoon has had the "Water Assassin" as a main villain (kinda spoilery even though it's technically canon in the Arrowverse, but she's Amaya's granddaughter and Future Vixen's sister). Also, there's more background on the totems.

And if I'm remembering right season 2 had the fire one in play and confirmed there's five Captain Planet ones.

So yeah, this season of Legends seems like its going to go off the continuity in the Vixen series so if you're curious spending 15 minutes watching that might not be a waste of time. Then again its not that complicated and I'm sure they'll explain it in time.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

STAC Goat posted:

Of course Legends is doing a Stranger Things episode.

More like Stranger Things did an ET episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's 200% E.T.

Fake Edit: OH BOY SHOWTUNES!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Holy gently caress the showtunes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kid Ray was super annoying.

I wonder if they will :techno: a way to make Jax Firestorm solo or if they will find someone else.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Nate being a complete goober and trying to gently caress Ray’s mom :discourse:

Zari seems like she’s a good fit with the idiots, I quite like her. I also got a big dumb smile at Amaya’s “get away from her you bitch” line.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

I also got a big dumb smile at Amaya’s “get away from her you bitch” line.

I honestly can't remember, did she say "her" or "him"? Changes who the bitch is.

And yeah, same here.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Am I the only one that thinks that Nate was doing some sort of 1980’s Patrick Bateman spiel talking about ambitious records, seminal works and favorite bands and whatnot?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that Nate was doing some sort of 1980’s Patrick Bateman spiel talking about ambitious records, seminal works and favorite bands and whatnot?

Nah. When Bateman did that it was because he was a sociopath and was trying to keep his victims distracted by doing Normal Person things like talking about music, only because he’s so hosed up he over compensates and goes too far into crazy town on the other side of the spectrum.

Nate just really likes Billy Joel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow posted:

Nate just really likes Billy Joel.

The Nylon Curtain was a pretty good album, though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kid Ray was super annoying.

I wonder if they will :techno: a way to make Jax Firestorm solo or if they will find someone else.

That was what I was expecting to be going on in the weird workshop Stein managed to secret away, to be honest. Given that it looks like far more than just a temporal walkie-talkie was being developed down there I suspect that's still the case.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

My guess is they'll manage to un-Firestorm them completely. So Jax stays on the Waverider as the engineer and Stein goes home and the show has a convenient excuse for why they never use Firestorm's powers.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I don't know why, but the simple note "Borrowed Waverider, BRB" tacked to a tree made me laugh out loud. The show just keeps getting better and better.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rory again proves to be the best by stealing candy from kids

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
CW killed it last night. Elongated Man was rad. Zari was rad. Whatever got slipped into the water supply, I hope they all stay well hydrated.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inkspot posted:

CW killed it last night. Elongated Man was rad. Zari was rad. Whatever got slipped into the water supply, I hope they all stay well hydrated.

I'm telling ya, all four shows are on fire this year. I can't wait for the crossover at the end of the month.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bou posted:

I don't know why, but the simple note "Borrowed Waverider, BRB" tacked to a tree made me laugh out loud. The show just keeps getting better and better.

The best was Sarah not flipping her poo poo but just sighing in annoyance. You know that poo poo has happened before.

This episode was delightful from start to finish. Isis is a goddamn treasure, especially her reaction to the costume they gave her. Everything owns.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that bugged me about the whole Stein thing is that THEY HAVE A TIME MACHINE.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inkspot posted:

What set last night's Flash apart was they finally brought back the casual light-heartedness they've been missing since they went all in on Zoom and Savitar. Watching Det. West puke after seeing Dibny's grossly elongated face and saying "4 years of seeing this stuff this is what makes me throw up" was one of the best lines in a great episodes.

muscles like this! posted:

The thing that bugged me about the whole Stein thing is that THEY HAVE A TIME MACHINE.

Now that he established a communicator synced up with his daughter's life that he's always calling her on he'd probably break time again by visiting her in his "past" but her present so he's out of sync or whatever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just assume that what the majority of the characters acknowledge as the "present" is moving forward at a 1:1 rate to the time they spend on the Waverider because gently caress it time travel is hard you guys.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
My one problem with that episode is we didn't see enough of Madonna!Sara.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And where did Nate get a Delorean?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

And where did Nate get a Delorean?

He didn't. He was just hanging out in some rando's driveway washing their DeLorean like a creepo goober while they staked out Ray's house. Also, congrats to the Legends production crew for finding the lone DeLorean in Vancouver (let alone one that's in pristine condition) :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

pentyne posted:

What set last night's Flash apart was they finally brought back the casual light-heartedness they've been missing since they went all in on Zoom and Savitar. Watching Det. West puke after seeing Dibny's grossly elongated face and saying "4 years of seeing this stuff this is what makes me throw up" was one of the best lines in a great episodes.

"You look like someone I once sent my daughter to kill."

"I get that a lot."

For being so busy directing the episode, and what a fantastic job he did, Cavanagh still made sure he got some of the best lines. But that's maybe a discussion best saved for the Flash thread...