Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

muscles like this! posted:

The thing that bugged me about the whole Stein thing is that THEY HAVE A TIME MACHINE.

Maybe the events were happening at the same time at different times, like when they had to kill Vandal Savage at three different times at the same time? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There should be a continuing subplot involving Nate trying to bang the Legends' mom's. Also Zari's annoyance at all things Ray was magical.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhyno posted:

There should be a continuing subplot involving Nate trying to bang the Legends' mom's. Also Zari's annoyance at all things Ray was magical.

Nate and Lance are going to have a "bang the Legends' moms"-off

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WhyteRyce posted:

Next year's crossover.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Dr. Nathaniel Heywood, a grandfather paradox waiting to happen. :mario:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Legends accidentally kill Adam and Nate has to take his place, thus becoming everyone's daddy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this! posted:

The thing that bugged me about the whole Stein thing is that THEY HAVE A TIME MACHINE.

Do you honestly think, even with Jax and Stein, that the Time Idiots could achieve that kind of pinpoint accuracy without somehow making squirrels the dominant species after the dinosaurs were wiped out?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

WhyteRyce posted:

Lol like Nate can match Capt Sara Lance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol like Nate can match Capt Sara Lance.

please show her the proper respect and use her full military title Captain Sarah Lance, Time Bisexual

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

nine-gear crow posted:

He didn't. He was just hanging out in some rando's driveway washing their DeLorean like a creepo goober while they staked out Ray's house. Also, congrats to the Legends production crew for finding the lone DeLorean in Vancouver (let alone one that's in pristine condition) :v:

I'm just sad they didn't dress him like Biff Tannen at the end of Back to the Future 1.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Guggenheim is teasing the big guest star this season.
https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/926264254986113025

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonna need a gif of Ray and Gumball bopping their heads in unison while enjoying showtunes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Senerio posted:

:neckbeard:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

omg put him and Wally on the Waverider, let Stein leave and go full in on making this the best DC show ever :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GobiasIndustries posted:

omg put him and Wally on the Waverider, let Stein leave and go full in on making this the best DC show ever :allears:

If that person is on the wave runner how long would it be before everyone is dead and damned?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

If that person is on the wave runner how long would it be before everyone is dead and damned?

They already are. The Waverider is purgatory.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We heard there was a cougar in the area.

Though line of the show was Mick encouraging kid Ray in his stealing with eyebrows.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Yer Burnt fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 4, 2017

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

So if they went back to the 80s and saved a baby dominator and taught it to love showtunes, wouldn't that have effectively cancalled the entire dominator invasion that happened years later because Gumball would have convinced them showtunes are awesome and earth is worth saving?

Or did this event incite the dominator attack because their society has become plagued by showtunes and they want to destroy the evil at the source.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

graham cracker posted:

So if they went back to the 80s and saved a baby dominator and taught it to love showtunes, wouldn't that have effectively cancalled the entire dominator invasion that happened years later because Gumball would have convinced them showtunes are awesome and earth is worth saving?

Or did this event incite the dominator attack because their society has become plagued by showtunes and they want to destroy the evil at the source.

The second. I'm pretty sure Showtunes are how the CIA tortures people on black sights.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ray is going to be so ticked when he learns that Barry and Kara got to live in a movie musical.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its going to be very weird when the Legends encounter the grown up Gumball, because you know thats coming.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Sadly that guest star is only a one-and-done, but they seem to still be trying their hardest to get that person into the universe for more than single episodes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Its going to be very weird when the Legends encounter the grown up Gumball, because you know thats coming.

Oh you better loving believe we're getting Gumball, the Ray Palmer of the Dominators at some point before the season's over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Senerio posted:

Sadly that guest star is only a one-and-done, but they seem to still be trying their hardest to get that person into the universe for more than single episodes.

Heard it was a 2 parter

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Seemed like Mommy Dominator got Sara's memories of their earlier invasion too, so it's possible they don't end up failing this time since they know the tactics the team used to take them down.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Arrowverse continues its genre powerhouse actor casting streak: John Noble is going to be voicing Mallus.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

The Arrowverse continues its genre powerhouse actor casting streak: John Noble is going to be voicing Mallus.

How is he 70?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

The noise I made reading that was audible only to dogs and Kryptonians. :woop:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Mick gets to fight a vampire nazi at some point.

Haha that's hosed up Sara.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
My favorite part of the episode is the ringtone for Damien's watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LLJKSiLk posted:

My favorite part of the episode is the ringtone for Damien's watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Christ I really hope that the song and episode title is just a giant inside pun on Neal McDonough's name :allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

nine-gear crow posted:

Christ I really hope that the song and episode title is just a giant inside pun on Neal McDonough's name :allears:

Oh it absolutely was.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"If Sara says kill Darhk, or re-kill Darhk, or prop him up in a convertible like Weekend at Bernie's then that's what we do."

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
... So Mallus is Savitar, right? That's what they were getting at?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dracorion posted:

That would be hilarious, just keep stealing and re-appropriating the villains of The Flash and Arrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dracorion posted:

No he is war

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

That would be hilarious, just keep stealing and re-appropriating the villains of The Flash and Arrow.

I do wish they blended more of Supergirl in there too. I'd love to see Lillian Luthor as a part of the Legion of Doom. Just like have her be their anti-Ray science whiz to balance out all the crazy magic people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

I do wish they blended more of Supergirl in there too. I'd love to see Lillian Luthor as a part of the Legion of Doom. Just like have her be their anti-Ray science whiz to balance out all the crazy magic people.

Red Tornado and the Putty Patrol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I think my favorite part of this show is the fact that they do whatever the gently caress they want to allow the people involved to have fun, but then they go a step beyond that by including some completely bullshit line about how X thing is possible by saying "My god! science/time magic allowed this to happen!" to explain it/wave it off.

Like in episode one of this season, they decided that it would be funny to have Julius Caesar recruiting some surfer fratboys to his cause on the beach. But that doesn't make any sense because a time-traveling Caesar wouldn't speak English. So they had Stein say "My god, some sort of temporal displacement anomaly has given him the ability to speak and understand English!"

And then in this episode, clearly Victor Garber wanted to have some fun on his way out and asked to play a different role. So they took a vampire henchman character and had him be played by Garber, and then explained it off by saying "My god, by sheer coincidence we have ran into one of my ancestors!"

It's wonderful.