Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Thanks to Bug of Truth, I had a nightmare where everyone around me was coughing up roaches.

I forced myself awake before it was my turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Too much Mona.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rooting for Sara to hook up with Jane Austen

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I wish I could watch tonight's episode, but apparently the streams are crossed and my local CW is playing ABC and American Idol right now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Surprise, it’s a musical

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

Surprise, it’s a musical
Was anyone ACTUALLY surprised by this?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, this episode has me on the Mona's a bit too much train.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Im guessing she's on track to be a Legend now that she has a power? Uhhhg, I'm getting real tired of her.

Also afraid they are pushing this Zari Nate romance hard. I know CW loves it's toxic romance stories, but damnit leave Zari alone.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Frankly I don't think Mona's plotline would be half as annoying if her poor lost love wasn't a loving caveman werewolf. I mean if Konane could've talked a bit beyond grunting, maybe even become half a character instead of basically a one-note gag, I could buy it. If they wanted a werewolf (or a werewolf to die and make another character a werewolf) on the team, there are werewolves all over fiction that have human sides capable of speaking and maybe winning over a girl, use one of those types! That said, I easily got the biggest laugh out of Charlie getting immediately flipped over the table after getting excited about Mona's transformation.

Anyway, that one musical sequence was better than the entirety of that Flash/Supergirl musical crossover episode, and what it should've been in the first place.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TwoPair posted:

Frankly I don't think Mona's plotline would be half as annoying if her poor lost love wasn't a loving caveman werewolf. I mean if Konane could've talked a bit beyond grunting, maybe even become half a character instead of basically a one-note gag, I could buy it. If they wanted a werewolf (or a werewolf to die and make another character a werewolf) on the team, there are werewolves all over fiction that have human sides capable of speaking and maybe winning over a girl, use one of those types! That said, I easily got the biggest laugh out of Charlie getting immediately flipped over the table after getting excited about Mona's transformation.

Anyway, that one musical sequence was better than the entirety of that Flash/Supergirl musical crossover episode, and what it should've been in the first place.

Yeah. The sooner the show moves away from the gross bestiality-adjacent romantic arc and tries to make Mona a character beyond that, the better. I don't hate her, but man do I hate everything about Konane.

Also I still don't like that they're trying to make Zari and Nate a thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hank just wanted to build an amusement park and make people happy :unsmith:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

TwoPair posted:

Frankly I don't think Mona's plotline would be half as annoying if her poor lost love wasn't a loving caveman werewolf. I mean if Konane could've talked a bit beyond grunting, maybe even become half a character instead of basically a one-note gag, I could buy it. If they wanted a werewolf (or a werewolf to die and make another character a werewolf) on the team, there are werewolves all over fiction that have human sides capable of speaking and maybe winning over a girl, use one of those types!

Thank you, yes. I like Mona a lot, but her boo-hoo-hooing over the least interesting character in the entire show's run so far is getting really drat tiresome.

e: ahahahaha, :wtc: this is such a wonderfully odd show.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 16, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nate tearing up at Hanks goofy face trying to pitch a magical theme park is surprisingly powerful stuff

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Talia Ashe in a Sari :allears: also her in a devil's 3 way with nate and the hindu god of :huh:

I wonder if that was her actual singing voice. I've never watched Bollywood but they don't normally sound like Disney songs right?

Too much Mona is right, I really hope she is only around a bit longer. They need to drop her off to be with Kaupe.

I was worried Nate found his dads Autofocus room, but nope, that was super cute. And also we won't have to go through tons of drama with Nate and Nora now that Constantine knows it was Neron.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Is it just me, or was Jane Austin being s total bitch this episode?

Also, is Mona gonna turn into a werewolf on EVERY episode now?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The episode needed way more Jane Austen to explain what her whole deal was. Heck I even missed why the quasi-love god kept her from writing her books.

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if that was her actual singing voice. I've never watched Bollywood but they don't normally sound like Disney songs right

Yes, it does seem it was.
https://twitter.com/talaashe/status/1117110183036182528

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 16, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

The episode needed way more Jane Austen to explain what her whole deal was. Heck I even missed why the quasi-love god kept her from writing her books.

Yes, it does seem it was.
https://twitter.com/talaashe/status/1117110183036182528

Fantastic! Also what about Angelica Houston?

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

howe_sam posted:

It was kind of muddled. I can't remember the exact line, but the gist was that her satire of social conventions was pointless in a society where weddings can spontaneously break out into orgies, and that was apparently the last straw after being rejected by so many publishers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if that was her actual singing voice. I've never watched Bollywood but they don't normally sound like Disney songs right?

Tala Ashe was in Head Over Heels (a jukebox musical retelling of an old myth) in the San Francisco previews before it flopped on Broadway.

Shame because I liked what I heard of it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Fantastic! Also what about Angelica Houston?

They were both in Smash

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think that Mona took a lot of steps towards being a likable character in this episode.

They confronted the whole "Woe is me, I loved a sexy werewolf but he's dead" stuff and started her on the path to getting over it. At the end of the episode she was firmly on the side of "It's fun to live in a fantasy world, but not if it diminishes who you are."

Still not my favorite Legend or anything, but she's growing on me.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Grr I'm gonna hulk out because Jane Austen made me believe in love (for a weird monster) has gotta be the dumbest plotline this show has done, and that includes Season 1 Hawkpeople hijinks.

I haven't had strong feelings on Mona one way or the other, but this episode makes me lean towards wanting her the hell off the crew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody high up in production must really love the actress.

Because nobody else does.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Monas reaction faces when they were in the barn were so good. if anybody is capable of making some GIFs i would be glad of it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Nate tearing up at Hanks goofy face trying to pitch a magical theme park is surprisingly powerful stuff

Magical themepark reveal was the only good part about this episode. Though you wonder if he would go full P.T. Barnum

also:

Rhyno posted:

Somebody high up in production must really love the actress.

Because nobody else does.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 16, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That was my least favorite episode since the first season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Fabulous episode, loved the musical number. I do wish they'd do a proper musical crossover though. The one they did a few seasons back was the most half assed poo poo you could possibly have imagined.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

Monas reaction faces when they were in the barn were so good. if anybody is capable of making some GIFs i would be glad of it

I liked when she was growling at her reflection in the episode before last. Mona has her moments and I have no problems with the actress, but her current plotline is a drag, and the makeup for her beast mode is pretty dire (not to mention the shoddy cg transformation sequence).

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ruddiger posted:

I liked when she was growling at her reflection in the episode before last. Mona has her moments and I have no problems with the actress, but her current plotline is a drag, and the makeup for her beast mode is pretty dire (not to mention the shoddy cg transformation sequence).

its bizarrely bad, especially for the team who makes this show. Could they not have taken the Teen Wolf SFX guys to lunch and picked their brain??

bou
Aug 3, 2006

not my favourite episode. But HAYWORLD

:cry:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Zari realizing she's having a dream threesome was excellent.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Zari realizing she's having a dream threesome was excellent.

Hahaha yes.

I still feel Zari / Nate is rushed, but I guess that counter balances Ray / Nora being excruciatingly slow.

I also liked Charlie immediately being all about the sex dream.

I haven't really dug the last few episodes as much as earlier ones this season but it's still my most anticipated show every week it's on. The cast just seems to really enjoy being a part of it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Medullah posted:

I haven't really dug the last few episodes as much as earlier ones this season but it's still my most anticipated show every week it's on. The cast just seems to really enjoy being a part of it.

The past couple episodes have been so busy there hasn't been time to let the daffier concept breathe. Both Jane Austen and Nixon barely felt like they were in the stories where in seasons past they would've had much more to do, and that hurts the why the gently caress not spirit of the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've rewatched the Bollywood scene four times, it's excellent. Also Caity Lotz in tank tops really shows off how jacked her arms are. Like, holy HELL she is chiseled out of rock.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I actually really really liked Mona as Gary's awkward crush who gets mindwiped every day after delivering lunch and if they'd done that for a season, or at least half, I think people would respond to her better.

I also liked her reveal as a nerd who knows about every mythical creature and it didn't feel forced, but everything since the werewolf boyfriend storyline began has been pretty cringy and poorly written imo.

Edit: also Tala Ashe was at her most gorgeous in that Bollywood scene

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

They were both in Smash

Is that why they kept using #smash for bangin'? I loved the 4th wall breaking of Zari in her dream.

A Christian Wedding for a Muslim Woman and a Hindu Man?
Again, Zari being Muslim is just part of who she is, not what she's all about, that's how you do diversity people.

Rhyno posted:

I've rewatched the Bollywood scene four times, it's excellent. Also Caity Lotz in tank tops really shows off how jacked her arms are. Like, holy HELL she is chiseled out of rock.

Got a double dose of that on Arrow too. She was doing the Salmon Ladder!

Didn't Jane Austin die before most of her works were published?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I already posted about Caity's GUNZZZ in the Arrow thread!

Oh and y'all need to follow Caity, Jess and Katrina Law on the gram. There's some killer content.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't Jane Austin die before most of her works were published?

No, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park and Emma were all published in her lifetime, but anonymously and they didn't sell very well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

No, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park and Emma were all published in her lifetime, but anonymously and they didn't sell very well.

That's it, they weren't revealed to her her's until after he death.

Also, Regency clothing is just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

bou posted:

not my favourite episode. But HAYWORLD

:cry:

Tom Wilson is a treasure.