Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

SardonicTyrant posted:

I love that Ray's gotten dumber and dorkier as time goes on. Would modern Ray even be capable of running a company or date Felicity?

NeRay was basically old Ray except also stealing your soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SardonicTyrant posted:

I love that Ray's gotten dumber and dorkier as time goes on. Would modern Ray even be capable of running a company or date Felicity?

He's been Flanderized pretty hard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
NuRay, having been through Kendra would probably see Felicity and run for his life.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Vandal mellowed out when he went to Hell and didn't have a world to conquer. Honestly, I hope he comes back in S4 and joins the team.

Well, they need to track down serial killer spirits (apparently), and who better to know how a serial killer thinks...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's been Flanderized pretty hard.

idk, Ray was always kind of a dork and literally needed Oliver to fight for him. The only time I've ever seen him be Arrow levels of serious business was his "I dunno, I got a lot of money" line.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
One time Ray hit Oliver so hard that he erased Roy from the timeline.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Well, they need to track down serial killer spirits (apparently), and who better to know how a serial killer thinks...

...than Ra's al-Ghul!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xelkelvos posted:

...than Ra's al-Ghul!
/

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't show up in the crossover next year.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't show up in the crossover next year.

I always liked Goofy Vandal Savage (Demon Knights) and Stoic Amoral Vandal Savage (DCAU). I hope we get both.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I always liked Goofy Vandal Savage (Demon Knights) and Stoic Amoral Vandal Savage (DCAU). I hope we get both.

Demon Knights not getting an adaptation is a travesty.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think this is the correct thread, so thank you to the people who were talking about Doom Patrol? If so thank you I love it. (On my phone at the moment hard to find correct thread).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Doom Patrol is fantastic. I feel like it and Legends of Tomorrow are reaching the same conclusion from different directions; both are meta textual absurdist deconstructions of the superhero genre, but Doom Patrol gets there through carefully crafted plot and characters, whereas Legends gets there by throwing whatever crazy poo poo they can think of at the wall and honestly not giving a gently caress about anything other than having fun.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I think this is the correct thread, so thank you to the people who were talking about Doom Patrol? If so thank you I love it. (On my phone at the moment hard to find correct thread).

The Doom Patrol thread is the DC Universe thread which has currently shifted to the new DC Universe show: Swamp Thing.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I'm sorry that this show has ended, it was a wonderfully silly cheery bonkers hour each week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, it's the show I look forward too each week the most. Well, maybe American Dad but they didn't have a lot of overlap this year.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
When will I be able to watch Doom Patrol without buying a sub to another streaming service? Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are enough. I'll have to get the Disney+ one, but come on, Warner Bros is going to have one, DC has one. How many am I going to have to buy?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

Warner Bros is going to have one, DC has one. How many am I going to have to buy?

At least these two will end up being the same thing, so you've got that.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
Could someone explain the Monitor guy eating popcorn? I don't watch the flash/arrow/etc just this one (and doom patrol now), so I feel like I'm missing out on something.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Fozzie Bear posted:

Could someone explain the Monitor guy eating popcorn? I don't watch the flash/arrow/etc just this one (and doom patrol now), so I feel like I'm missing out on something.

He's involved with the various Crisis plot lines in the comics, and they're gearing up for that to be the plot line for the next cross over. He's been doing serious poo poo with all his other DC cameos, but this is Legends. He know's they're fuckups so he just came to watch and enjoy himself.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Specifically in the crossover he came to test this Earth (...and Supergirl showed up too) by creating a dire threat for the heroes to handle. Legends do that just fine on their own.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The real joke is that he's from that crossover that the Legends Custodians of the Chronology specifically opted not to join in on back in the mid-season finale. So it's kind of appropriate in a weird way that you don't recognize him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fozzie Bear posted:

Here's the basic breakdown as I remember. Spoilers for Arrow as well as Flash and Supergirl (and Batwoman, I guess).

The last crossover Elseworlds (that the Legends skip) was about the Monitor - a massively powerful celestial being - loving with the heroes of various Earths in order to test and prepare them for an impending Crisis. He struck a deal with Oliver Queen (to save Barry and Kara and end the crossover problem or something) that he'd aid him in the coming Crisis. At the end of the Arrow season Oliver and Felicity leave Star City and go off the grid to give birth to their child in peace, but the Monitor arrives and takes Oliver away because its time for the Crisis and that Oliver wouldn't survive it. The Monitor also appeared at the end of Supergirl to drop off someone who was apparently J'onn J'onz's brother from an alternate Earth or something related to the Crisis. Also Flash has for seasons had a dangling thread that Barry is supposed to disappear in the future in "The Crisis" (which they know from a future newspaper headline) and at the end of the season the date on the newspaper moved up to 2019.

As you may have figured out by now the 2019 crossover will be The Crisis and will include Legends, Supergirl, Flash, and Batwoman and be the end of Arrow.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 11, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Double post

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

seaborgium posted:

He's involved with the various Crisis plot lines in the comics, and they're gearing up for that to be the plot line for the next cross over. He's been doing serious poo poo with all his other DC cameos, but this is Legends. He know's they're fuckups so he just came to watch and enjoy himself.

I like to think that he came to do his regular Moniter stuff, but then he was just too distracted by what the Legends were doing.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Davros1 posted:

I like to think that he came to do his regular Moniter stuff, but then he was just too distracted by what the Legends were doing.

That makes sense too. Maybe he's got a Rebecca Silver first edition he wants signed. It's Legends, who the gently caress knows?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Was in Vegas for NBA Summer League and got to sit behind Gary Green. I gushed over this show and how he's the only man I'd need and then talked about his nipple. He's a cool dude

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

WhyteRyce posted:

Was in Vegas for NBA Summer League and got to sit behind Gary Green. I gushed over this show and how he's the only man I'd need and then talked about his nipple. He's a cool dude

The poor guy.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

GreenNight posted:

The poor guy.

I was heckling players prior to that so he was probably already numb to annoying poo poo coming out of my mouth

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mick ... :3:

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/1150946340400054275

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Producers have confirmed that Olivia Swann as Astra will be the big bad next season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Producers have confirmed that Olivia Swann as Astra will be the big bad next season.

Sweet!

Where did they find such a lifelike statue of Dominic Purcell?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This seems about right.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I’m starting to wonder if Dom is just an extreme method actor and he’s also been drunkenly writing romance novels for the past five years.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m starting to wonder if Dom is just an extreme method actor and he’s also been drunkenly writing romance novels for the past five years.

I don't know if he's a method actor, but aren't we all drunkenly writing romance novels?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh.

Mona.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avail posted:

I don't know if he's a method actor, but aren't we all drunkenly writing romance novels?

Unironically what I am

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/1150995971708375042

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

More like Caity Lolz. Because her tweets always merit a good chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Have they ever gotten around to selling a plush Beebo?