Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I thought for sure Marie was going to get involved in the sitcom hijinks this episode, as a payoff for her looking exactly like Nora. She was still on the Waverider last episode. I guess she got sent back to hell off-screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

The show feels way too overstuffed with characters in general. None of them are bad on their own but having to keep half the crew occupied with lame shtick because there’s nothing else for them to do just drags the whole episode down.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Slamhound posted:

I don’t think the size of the cast is the problem so much as it is knowing what to do with them. Gary and Mona were great as supporting characters but forcing them into leads was awful. That’s kind of what’s going on with Behrad.

They should take their cues from DS9 which had a great and expansive ensemble.

Yeah the thing about DS9 is that it knew you didn't have to put everyone in the spotlight every episode. The cast would rotate out, with the ones not in focus getting maybe one line in an episode or not showing up at all.

This show could've benefitted from splitting its cast more evenly this season, with some of them staying on Earth while the others somehow ended up on the alien planet with Sara and Gary. That way they could alternate episodes between the two groups, giving everyone more space to fill out their own niche on whatever team they ended up on.