Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"We allow light to moderate theft on this ship. We like to call them souvenirs."

line of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sir Potato posted:

"I'm gonna kick my rear end." would like a word with you.

it was an episode of lines, i'll give it that

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Keeping the suit, indeed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yea wheres the love for that body horror monstrosity they birthed. I expected beebo more than I expected that.

but also beebo. I can't believe they really did it, and it was pretty drat good CGI. Reminder that the CW shows create 14-20 hours of content with like a quarter the budget of a single DC movie.

I thought beebo was a seperate creature they created but they were all riding along inside like megazord. this is canon.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This is literally impossible. There is just no way.

Just have him keep trying to be evil but improving people's lives. He can't help it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

Why not link to the actual source instead of some rando's web 1.0 blog? :confused:

Everybody check out the original link holy shitttt

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elentor posted:

Man I'm glad I'm not watching Arrow because Diaz broke you guys.

He's always one step ahead!!! At some point the Time Bureau is going to have to look into him

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhyteRyce posted:

He's already infiltrated the Time Bureau you fool

poo poo!!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bruceski posted:

I'm in awe of the CG. Imagine going back to 1992 and showing that to Spielberg just after Jurassic Park.

I'd rather show a different episode to Peter Jackson

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he becomes Dia'z Al Ghul

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

God drat it I didn't make this joke because I couldn't make it work.

Don't you get it?? I've already punned.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ah wtf, Wally was amazing on Legends

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blaise330 posted:

Wally too hard to write for. 20 episodes of him not solving every problem instantly would piss yall off eventually. It took a pair of demonic wizards to keep him in check for a quarter of a season.

He took the shuttle to go bang Spartacus again, solved, crowd goes wild

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alter Ego posted:

...is that one of the Weeping Angels?

lmaooooooo i thought it was a triceratops skull my brain sucks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nine-gear crow posted:

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that because the Crossover this year is also functioning as a blackdoor pilot for Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow won’t be a part it. :(

then whats the flippin point :colbert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

Yeesh, so the season premier was the lowest rated and least watched show of the night.

Also they really need to bring in some more people because the crew seemed pretty light.

:(that stinks

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
well it wasnt really a pig! it was a human speaking how it imagined a pig to speak

:SPEAKFORCE:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
perhaps a swamp.... THING??

or is that under some weird embargo because a DC exec totally plans to make the movie

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Swamp Thing is getting a show on the DC streaming service.

aw booooo

Xelkelvos posted:

It's some sort of creature from some sort of lagoon I believe, sadly. Though I'm sure he'll name drop Swamp Thing again.

booooooooooooooooo

my favourite DC thing in the past few years has been the Injustice comic series. EVERYBODY is scared of Swamp Thing, nobody wants to involve him or ask him for help or really deal with him at all because of how moody and powerful he is. Literally EVERYTHING is an affront against nature to him and nobody is innocent, its sort of funny

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 2, 2018

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God

The fake AV Club review Ava reads for Swamp Thaaaang is paraphrased from an actual D+ review of... Legends of Tomorrow S1 Ep 12

so good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shades of eternity posted:

ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4YgtS5dtg

They stole my character for Legends of Tomarrow. :p

rofl @ the 10 frames of the adobe premiere MEDIA OFFLINE warning

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

Thad Castle is the best Hawkman

He really is

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GreenNight posted:

I thought for sure Rip was going to make an appearance in one of the time lines.

lmao oh yeah i forgot about that guy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ahhhh ok, I was impressed with the cat CGI for such a quick scene of it pushing a button.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graham cracker posted:

You know, I'm sure Brandon Routh was sad at some point that Superman Returns wasn't a hit, but boy am I glad he stuck with it and landed this gig. He seems super happy and he seems like a nice guy irl. I've never disliked a single performance of his on this show.

i doubt he feels worse than andrew garfield lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Open Source Idiom posted:

Must be so hard for Andrew, being a film star.
film star? he was in 2 failed spiderman movies that are now being done bigger by a better studio. the new spiderman gets to be in avengers movies lmao

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 18, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sorry guys, andrew garfield sucks and his spiderman was bad, and Routh lets it roll off his back with fun projects while garfield cries he doesnt get to be the good spiderman. that guy is a turd

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Routh is so awesome in person, he gave me a hug! And he seemly genuinely happy that I was wearing the Returns S shirt.

I already knew this because I believed it in my heart, but its nice to have it confirmed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

PASS. As a Batfam fan, i couldn't possibly be less interested in Batman Beyond.
dont worry, its not coming out until 2021 lmao

DC still desperately chasing that hype

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Senerio posted:

Sizzle trailer premiers in 6 minutes!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpc2NNpvC8U

this rules

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Monas reaction faces when they were in the barn were so good. if anybody is capable of making some GIFs i would be glad of it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ruddiger posted:

I liked when she was growling at her reflection in the episode before last. Mona has her moments and I have no problems with the actress, but her current plotline is a drag, and the makeup for her beast mode is pretty dire (not to mention the shoddy cg transformation sequence).

its bizarrely bad, especially for the team who makes this show. Could they not have taken the Teen Wolf SFX guys to lunch and picked their brain??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sloth Life posted:

Has Dominic Purcell had "not required to do anything" written into his contract or something? Feels like he has been relegated to bit part actor. Same as Brandon tbh (this week excepted). Too many new annoying characters taking up the room. I'm looking at you Mona, Gary, Nate's parents. Nora gets a pass.

hes an executive producer and one of the writers I think?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nooneofconsequence posted:

Gary's got tiny nips.

all the more reason to maintain nipple superiority through numbers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

You don't mean "The DC Universe" as in "The DC Cinematic Universe", do you? Like the Titans Robin isn't Ben Affleck's Robin and the Doom Patrol's Cyborg isn't the Justice League's cyborg, right?

no the films are always separate. DC Universe is referring to the DC streaming service originals. Movies are DCCU I guess?

fwiw Titans has SEVERAL Robins in it, and Doom Patrol's Cyborg gets to say entire lines of dialogue to other characters. They're both separate things at the moment but the tones of both aren't super different. I could totally see the characters from DP crossing over to Titans and not being jarringly out of place. Similar to the CW shows all being a bit different but meshing their casts well enough when they need to. So the streaming shows aren't a cohesive "universe" like the CW stuff but it still gets a name like that for being on a different service and I think the potential for crossovers is there, though unlikely

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 6, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

What is cyborg doing over on Doom Patrol? Is he a standin for Robotman?

If Robotman is Cliff the Ex racecar driver then nope, He's in it too. Also Rita, the golden age movie star/blob lady. Jane the multiple personality girl. and bandage man/The negative spirit.

They're all a bunch of duds kicking around a dusty mansion and Cyborg is just as broken as all of them, but since he's a well known superhero in the show's universe the team sort of looks to him like a leader.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiggum posted:

Doom Patrol is actually a spin-off of Titans (although the cast changed a bit between the Titans episode and the series). Swamp Thing will also be on DC Universe but apparently not in the same shared universe as the other two.

"Blooming heck", surely?

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh, yeah, I remember now. Titans had an episode where they encountered the Doom Patrol because Beast Boy was a resident there for some time.

lmaooooo how the gently caress did I forget that? nice

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So....was that a future version of Zari where she transitioned to a man, or an entirely different person?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I somehow missed all of the brother storyline?? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thaddius the Large posted:

This show has really been going too long without being somehow tied to Ollie’s time on the island, maybe they can remedy that?

WE HAVE TO GO BACK, FELICITY