Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't Dean Cain a giant right wing shithead? Not as much as Kevin Sorbo, who they did have on Supergirl though.

He’s as bad as Sorbo, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Vietnamwees posted:

After I looked this up & found out that this is actually true, I think that it would be a good enough reason for Hackman to it.

Gene Hackman was in a diner that Guy Fieri visited in Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. That should count.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Marvel: 'Infinity War is the most ambitious crossover event in history'

*Shasta McNasty rap-rocks a song while Sara Lance punches Lucifer in the face*

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

Sounds like a straight up replay of a Post Modern Jukebox song.

100% what I thought it was

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

That was a fantastic Nora episode and I am furious we’re losing her and Ray

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

site posted:

Yeah Zari should be dating Charlie not Nate

100% agree

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Maybe the timeline change?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

Did Nate punch a guy just for dating Zari? That's not cool.

Apparently Tala Ashe’s idea. Still don’t like it!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

And on top of that the dude capped it off by saying he was going to co-ordinate their divorce with his publicist when they weren’t even married, let alone Zari accepting his proposal. Nate clocking the dipshit in the marshmallow costume is funny you nerds, laugh at it :mad:

It is toxically masculine in a way the show never is. The marshmallow dude was an idiot, of course, but he didn’t do anything bad to Zari. Nate just punched the dude to punch someone that was close to a woman he didn’t know existed two days ago.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

pile of brown posted:

He was a huge rear end in a top hat, on screen, a lot.

The only issue is that Nate didn't know that.

He was exactly the sort of rear end in a top hat that Zari was at dinner with her family.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Smoremoney did that thing where he proposes to a woman in a public place that puts her in a position she cannot say no. That in itself deserves a Nate punch.

He was magic drugged

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

AtraMorS posted:

i love this show and i really don't like saying this but the nate/zari story is hawkman/hawkgirl all over again

This is where I am at. It’s lighter, sure, because the show is better now, but it feels forced in a really strange way.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, the inevitability of this part is also something I find a bit hosed up. Old Zari doesn't have more of a right to exist than new Zari, and trying to "make her remember" (which doesn't actually make sense, she's not brainwashed, she's a different, if similar, person) or restore her to who she was or whatever is a bad look.

Absolutely agree. The worst case scenario is going to be everyone else expressing relief when flannel and jeans Zari comes back as if that is somehow “better” than the other Zari.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

She had very strong Slings & Arrows energy. (The highest compliment I can give a tv actor)

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

That little Captain Cold costume is adorable.

Filled me with a shocking amount of emotion.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Nate is pretty chill considering there's two women on the ship that look exactly like women he's loved.

Nate has no memory of the other Zari other than her face.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Too good for this world

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAG1bSphnZi/?igshid=5amlgue8arv1

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Rhyno posted:

<ahem>

she said Nate was

HYP-BRO-TIZED

how the hell has this show not won a bunch of emmys?

What are you talking about? It’s won as many emmys as the wire

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Tiggum posted:

The only thing is, they could have just asked him and he'd probably have just let them do it because that's pretty much what happened at the end anyway. The whole plot of the episode was a waste of time.

Also, I have a weird aversion to American highschool/uni stories because I just have no idea what's realistic, what's parody, and what's just tv/movie cliche. It feels like the same dumb jokes repeated over and over but maybe the stuff I'm sick of is just accurate? :shrug:

The plot of the story was about astra becoming part of the team and not about the chalice. It was only a waste of time because you’re trying to rules lawyer a fictional story.

Trevor Hale fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 14, 2020

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

It’s a show about time travelers, so the plotting of any individual episode is always going to be immaterial because the correct answer is go back in time and undo whatever happened.

The concept of the show means you have to suspend disbelief and and say ok to whatever it is they’re doing. In this case, in order to highlight the gulf that exists between Astra and the rest of the team, Astra fucks up what should be a simple conversation for the Legends because she was raised in Hell. And through the episode, that mismatch is further highlighted by x y and z until she sees the ought and commits.

This isn’t, like, Run or The Incident or any other show that only can exist as a show by purposely obfuscating facts from the viewers. It was a clash of styles born out from a new character and the established characters we know.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Constantine got a haircut between episodes didn’t he

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Heh it’s the layout of the Winchester

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

This is....oddly edited and paced

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

The last couple episodes have also been an odd character assassination of Charlie.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm sad if the good Zari is gone but not the Zari/Nate crap.

They rebooted the timeline and got stuck in a world where this great Zari/Nate love story made sense instead of our world where it was like “huh, that was 100% out of the blue”

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

I just don’t like this trend of Nate and A Lady having one true love that ruins the lady’s life and then Nate is sad for a minute and derps on to the next romance.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Man. I disagree on his take on Zari 1.0 leaving. You have a show about time travel and different timelines so you get rid of the character that brings in the most unique take on that? Sure I get that you want to explore siblings but you’re wasting a little bit of what makes your show special. What other show on tv now can explore siblings who grew up in different parallel universes?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Also, wasn’t she in multiverse jail? What the hell was that about?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Bob Balaban

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Please don't enable NdT

Would be very satisfying to hear that Caity Lotz dropkicked him through a wall

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Caity Lotz’s Instagram stories give me social distancing anxiety.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

lol that’s a goosebumps book about the princes that Richard III killed

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

This is what happens when someone buys a house

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

I think you’re overthinking it. What she said is what anyone who truly doesn’t follow politics or engage with the why of the moment but also is still an alright person to be around would say. Which is bad! Don’t get me wrong on that, it is lazy and lovely and privileged as hell but I don’t think there’s any, like, ideology behind it.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

Loving and encouraging people have so far allowed Ray to convert Vandal Savage, Damion Darhhhhhk, his demon possessed child and an entire alien invasion into cuddly little scamps.

Am I missing anyone?

Yes you are missing non-fictional characters

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

While I applaud how innovative and off the wall the writers are, I do often question their ignoring the concept of diminishing returns

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

GigaPeon posted:

The episode where he's evil shows that the actor can play more than the hurp a durp guy, and it's Legends so I'm sure it'll fun at least for a minute.

That episode was hella creepy and then they just have him a pass.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

XboxPants posted:

Behrad is so, so much worse than Mona. Do typical viewers seriously enjoy this Poochie loving worthless insert character? At first I thought he was supposed to be either unsettlingly or comedically discordant but it seems like they're just playing it all completely straight. I seriously can't stand him.

He's probably the worst human being in the entire crew, even including Astra, but I'm starting to see how he can fit into the story. I kinda like the idea that the people best suited to learn magic are those who are both intelligent, but also, just terribly self-destructive and incredibly bad at making life decisions. Nora, Constantine, Astra, now Gary. Like you need some basic smarts to create a portal to hell without loving it up, but also, kinda need to be a total idiot and doesn't that just fit Gary perfect? He's exactly the kind of fool who would think that infernal witchcraft is a fun and easy way to a better life.

The problem with Behrad is Nate in that it reinforces Nate’s bro-ishness. Nate is the problem with all of this and I propose that season 7 is about going back in time to keep him from joining the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

pile of brown posted:

If you don't like Nate and Behrad how do you even like the show at all?

I like Behrad. I do not like the version of Nate that exists with Behrad. I also don’t like that Nate killed off OG Zari. I do not like that there have been two season long arcs about women being put through the emotional wringer by just how much they love Nate and then Nate just bounces away.

Trevor Hale fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 12, 2021