Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just caught up and man what a fun ride up until the horseshit finale. Like wow, all season long Stein's been throwing up huge death flags left and right, and I was hoping to God after he survived to see the birth of his grandkid (I totally expected him to die before then and then they'd have a cute/sad moment where Lily names the baby after him), that maybe the show would do something unexpected and give him his happy ending. But no, he does the noble sacrifice on Naziworld, and somehow the magic computer lady can't fix them (I noticed Gideon never talked at all in the med bay, I guess even she couldn't explain the lame bullshit happening. It was just all so painfully... predictable. I know none of the Arrowverse shows are winning awards for their masterful writing, but could we just once not use the biggest cliche available when writing off an old character?

Also everybody calls Felicity the worst for hijacking the wedding at the end but I would argue they're all awful because the whole "ceremony" takes place like right after the funeral. While they're all still wearing their funeral clothes! Like drat, you don't have to spend days in mourning or anything, but at least change real quick. It just feels awkward. All that poo poo said though, it was a generally great crossover.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

I love the episode titles on this show.

I'm convinced a not-insignificant number of episode plots stem from someone thinking up a good pun/gag title. My favorite is still "Helen Hunt".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Mona is definitely the worst.

Counter: Charlie is definitely the worst.

I thought after Nate's little "you'll find your place here" speech last week, she'd start becoming more likable but man she is still just awful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

They're both terrible but still better than the Hawk-people.

Well I figured that went without saying. Any comment of "the worst" has an unspoken "except for the Hawks" added.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like he's used in small enough doses that he hasn't gotten too bad, for me at least. Even with him now popping up more as Nate's work buddy, he's never like, the A-plot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

They had Gideon show up on Flash this week and forgot that she had a different voice than on Legends.

They also used her "new" CGI floaty head that supposedly Zari just made for her even though the scene took place in the past. Although whatever, both shows are loving with time, it's amazing anything in the timeline stays fixed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kazmeyer posted:

"We secretly replaced the coffee in the Legends of Tomorrow writers' room with Folger's Crystals. We also spiked the creamer with bath salts. Let's see if they notice!"

More like "we time traveled to the 60s and asked a bunch of Silver Age comic writers to write a TV show and told them money was no object"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

I had to switch my Siri (shortcuts bug) to another language and chose English UK voice and holy poo poo it’s Gideon.

Do you now only use Maps by starting with "Gideon, set a course for..."?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This episode was a ton of fun but I feel like it was trying to make me like Charlie, which it failed to do in a big way.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Surprised no one's posted this yet.

https://twitter.com/james_eagan/status/1072358719839748096

"Days of Future Cats" is such a good name, I wish we got that

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If only the thread title could fit "Today we learned about the importance of cooperating! And about the number 3!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shaddak posted:

Good to know. Is the new stuff that bad? I'm only a couple of issues in, at the beginning.

The New 52 stuff is. The more recent stuff is... different. I wouldn't call it bad, but it's definitely not a lot of folks' cup of tea. A lot of people don't like Constantine interacting with superheroes/the larger DCU at all, but if you're watching this show, clearly that won't be a problem for you.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Just do Reverse versions of the cast:

Reverse Mick - Loves cops, extremely dapper, doesn't drink, prudent with use of fire
Reverse Ray - Gigantic rear end in a top hat, also literally turns giant
Reverse Constantine - Outwardly generous, inwardly self-interested, willingly makes deals with devils to sell out allies for personal gain
Reverse Nate - Zero fucks about history, terrible taste in movies and pop culture, a douche
Reverse Zari - Authoritarian, traditionalist
Reverse Sara - Chaste, extremely dependent

Depending on the writer, your Reverse Constantine is just regular Constantine.

Except clearly Reverse Constantine would obviously make deals with angels.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It'll be an adaptation of Rory's novel played completely straight guest starring numerous Oscar winning actors. Its beauty will move you to tears.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Oh my god, the synopsis for episode 10 reads like a Legends madlib

After kidnapping Richard Nixon, The Legends take a road trip in which everyone is forced to tell the truth
Bless this beautiful, stupid, stupid show :allears:

LoT mad lib:

While attempting to stop [season villain], the Legends end up [past tense verb] [historical figure]. The Legends must [group activity] where they have to [weird gimmick] to set the timeline right!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

At first I thought Ava was just going to have complete, blind faith in the TB, but then they showed she actually just hates magical creatures.

tbf most of the ones she's met have been evil. The vast majority (if not all, I wasn't clear on that) of them came from literal Hell according to Constantine, and that's a tough stigma to break.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I liked Mona when she was just comic relief but then that like quickly disappeared when they legitimately tried to do a romance plot with a loving Hawaiian caveman demigod. Now that it looks like she might stick around though I guess I'll have to see if Were-Mona is more funny or if they try to play her for a tragedy because that would get real old real fast.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's a bit of an obvious joke but I wish they would've followed up Ray calling Constantine's loose necktie tryhard with the bug flying to Constantine and him admitting he does it on purpose.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

From the way Nate was talking to Neron, I'm curious what deal was made.

Keep in mind the lying bug didn't fly at him when he was talking to Nate at the end, so he 100% was doing what he did for Nate and his family.

Nate's a hemophiliac, right? Maybe "doing it all for him" means that Hank made a deal to rid Nate of that (not realizing at the time that Nate can turn into steel, which mostly negates him having to worry about being cut)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I call him "uggghhh really?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

The only ship is RipxTheShip

That's true, Gideon needs a rebound since Rip's gone

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Frankly I don't think Mona's plotline would be half as annoying if her poor lost love wasn't a loving caveman werewolf. I mean if Konane could've talked a bit beyond grunting, maybe even become half a character instead of basically a one-note gag, I could buy it. If they wanted a werewolf (or a werewolf to die and make another character a werewolf) on the team, there are werewolves all over fiction that have human sides capable of speaking and maybe winning over a girl, use one of those types! That said, I easily got the biggest laugh out of Charlie getting immediately flipped over the table after getting excited about Mona's transformation.

Anyway, that one musical sequence was better than the entirety of that Flash/Supergirl musical crossover episode, and what it should've been in the first place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

I enjoyed the episode a lot. What happened to the Love God at the end of the episode? Ray & Nora should have sung along with everyone else.

He says he was just a guy (I forget the name) who became a love god by finding Kamadeva's ashes, and you see Zari take the vial of ashes off him at the end of the Bollywood number. Presumably they just left him as a mere mortal in England and took the ashes back to the Time Bureau.

And Ray & Nora did sing, albeit very briefly, they just weren't involved in the dance number.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I thought it would just go right back into Des and he'd escape all smarmy. You know, like Diaz. Neron's already won.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

And who the hell let GARY of all people onto the time ship in the first place?!

I presume he just waltzed in since the time couriers seem to let you travel anywhere or anytime you want unless the plot says they can't.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

E. Revenant posted:

Now the real question is why did Ray agree to the possession in the first place? This episode established that you had to be willing or get your soul ground down in purgatory for a demon to take over. There Wasn't enough time for the Ikea treatment so just what deal did Ray strike with Neron?

He might not have taken a deal really. At least judging by the previews for next week where Neron's trying to take over but Ray can still talk and stuff. So it could be some sort of out-of-the-ordinary case.

Speaking of Ray, does it seem like he's getting less action in the field as Atom or is that just me? I feel like maybe the LoT crew might have already stretched their meager effects budget too far and can't afford any more Tiny Ray scenes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think Ray and Sara are the only ones that really have "costumes" anymore*. I guess unless you count Mick and Constantine since they just wear the same clothes all the time.

*I guess Nate does but now he's not really around plus literally everybody realized his looked horrible

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I cannot believe that the endgame of this season is shaping up to be the Legends vs. a loving Ray & Gary team up.

Okay, never mind, I can totally believe it from this show, I'm just consistently amazed by it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

So THAT'S why Gary lost his nipple to a bloodthirsty Unicorn in the season premiere!

And on that note, why was Gary so obsessed with 'becoming whole' again with his missing nipple? Is that like a common thing? Because personally, if I had lost a nipple like that, I'd have NO interest in trying to reattach it to my body again.

Pretty sure it's just demonic power of suggestion since Gary thought it was cool and didn't want Gideon to fix him up back in the premiere.

"That nipple belongs to Hell now, Gary!" is probably the best line ever delivered seriously on television.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

And honestly, I think Nate/Amaya was done rather well too. Especially compared to the romance plots on the other DC shows so far.

Well most romances are better than Caitlin Snow's revolving door of dead or disappearing boyfriends.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh no, confident Gary.

"Is Gary cool now?"

e: Matt Ryan is having a fun night tonight

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 7, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zebulon posted:

Oh that would be glorious. Especially the language filter.

"Bloody heck"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Gary Green is all the man we need

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So were some of those little flashes in John's freak out vision clips from the NBC Constantine show or just generic freak out hell imagery?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Poor Nate just can't get a girlfriend that isn't promptly ripped from him by the time stream.

edit: then again I guess it's not his own fault that the ladies of Legends seem to consist exclusively of chronal anomalies and a bisexual captain in a committed relationship

Chokes McGee posted:

It's not a spoiler since it's already been shown on Arrow. (I think)

But yes, the Monitor poofing in and being like "THERE IS A WAR COMING, I HAVE COME TO TEST—" and then seeing a dragon chasing the crew around the ship as Sarah is yelling at Gideon to give her the details about a juggalo obtaining a magic stone and creating the United Clowns of Amerika while Nate dresses up in full makeup would be amazing

just a brief pause followed by "nope" and warping out

Good job almost calling it.

Zebulon posted:

RIP Zari.

Oh boy and next season is stopping Really loving Awful People Run Amok, I see.

I guess, but wasn't that what most of season 2 was? I mean I guess it wasn't all awful people, but just "bad man in wrong time" feels like a step down. Then again I don't know how you'd step up from "killing a demon followed by a resurrection via the power of love"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 21, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's one coin that says Eobard Thawne that keeps fading in and out of existence and Astra's like "what the hell is wrong with this thing?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YorexTheMad posted:

Something I may have missed, spoiler tags just in case:

Did Constantine grab his own soul from Neron's vault while he was there? I don't remember it happening or if they said why he didn't / couldn't.

Even though he's there to help Ray, I can't imagine him not taking the chance to free himself from his eventual damnation.

The only reason he couldn't have done it is because they were in Neron's vault and I don't think John's soul was specifically Neron's (or because looking for one particular coin is like looking for a needle in a haystack). They've been pretty vague on what demons in particular have a claim on John. That said, if the coin was there, you know he stole it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The real joke is that he's from that crossover that the Legends Custodians of the Chronology specifically opted not to join in on back in the mid-season finale. So it's kind of appropriate in a weird way that you don't recognize him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Apparently the season 5 premiere is a "documentary" about the Legends.

I would be excited if Arrow didn't do the exact same premise and flub it horribly last season...

But then again LoT has proven it is a way better show than the rest of the Arrowverse so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

You know how Into the Spider-Verse had a schlubby, older Peter Parker?

They could totally make Dean Cain a Superman where the years weren't kind to him. Have him show up in a Superman suit that is completely ill-fitting and unflattering.

"Alright, people, let’s do this one last time. My name is Clark Kent. I was sent to Earth from the dying planet of Krypton by my brilliant scientist father. And for the last forty years, I thought I was the one and only Superman. I’m pretty sure you know the rest..."