Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

You'd better share it you bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Easily the best of the CWverse, by far. At least Arrow and The Flash have a habit of handing over bad characters to Legends who then turn them awesome.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Better yet bring in Diaz to fight them for an episode.

Jokes on you, your plans don’t work because they hosed everything up before they even got out of the starting gate!

I really wish they'd bring Diaz over to Legends like they did with Darkhe. I want to see Kirk Acevedo chew it up.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Everyone on Legends would just rock Diaz's world. He brings nothing. I do like Kirk quite a bit though.

This show is excellent at taking bad characters from the flash and arrow, then turning them into something else. Legends, you might call them.

I'll see myself out.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Wally too hard to write for. 20 episodes of him not solving every problem instantly would piss yall off eventually. It took a pair of demonic wizards to keep him in check for a quarter of a season.

Although then again, Nate: The Invulnerable Guy, gets knocked out every episode.

To be fair he spends half his time tripping his balls off

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

dont even fink about it posted:

I can't really stay in this thread long because I don't want any of the ridiculous plotlines to get spoiled, but I'm near the end of season one and this show is hilarious. Not even attempting to be an overwrought prestige drama like all the Marvel shows, every actor having tons of fun with the material, just everything about Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell (not something I'd ever thought I'd say).

I would so far put this above any Marvel show for at least pure entertainment value.

God, if this is how you're feeling about season 1, then season 2 will blow your mind. Then season 3 will piledrive whatever is left of you from low earth orbit directly into the dirt.

Feel totally free to livepost reactions.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I need to call up DC and have them do up some Suns Out Guns Out tank tops like Nate had

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

dont even fink about it posted:

actual recurring villain is the group's idiocy.

You can't drop this line and also expect me to believe you haven't been through season 2

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Rory is the voice of reason.

This is factual. Einstein called it out.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Are we culturally at a place where we just gloss over "Dumbledore once said..."?

I'm not making a thing of it. I just want to know if that's something I'm supposed to have already gotten used to and somehow missed.

This is actually very valid and if is in fact true, I have also entirely missed it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This show is what the bitcoin crazy people talked about when they meant up uP UP

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sarah is gonna put the moves on Jesus.

And Mary.

And Joseph.

Successfully.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

No Mary Magdalene? Why you selling our girl Sara short like that?

Well if we're going like that, the Virgin Mary ain't gonna be much longer

Pharaoh better look out
All of the Jews over the course of 40 years
Moses
Noah after the flood
Noah before the flood
Noah's kids
Eve, but not Adam
Judas, just to be a rebel
12-way with all the dicipiles
She comes between them, causing the story of Cain and Abel

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Medullah posted:

I love this show so much.

the fact that this show exists at all proves that there is a God watching over us.

His name is Beebo, and he's blue.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

drat Gary, those shoes

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I would love this

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Turns out Wally is no longer in the Arrowverse due to his increasingly erratic demands including only blue M&Ms in his trailer and absolutely insisting that everyone believe he can in fact move at super speed.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Habibi posted:

This always works out well. She will come back as a future/past/alternate Earth version of herself named Ayama.

Oh whatever, you know it'll be stupid enough that they'll make it work

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

seaborgium posted:

They really should do an episode like that every season. Those dudes are amazing actors. Hell, toss in Tom Cavanaugh too. It could work.

You couldn't possibly fit that much ham in one single place

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Laterite posted:

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: What If Nazis, But Too Much

That's easy. You're free to punch, kick, shoot arrows into, fake bullets at, use a jetpack to fly up 100 feet then drop, use your super strength to rip in half, or your super speed to obliterate any and all nazis.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

kjetting posted:

There's nothing I don't love about that trailer.

Only issue I had was the bronybros but they turned that around so fast it was worth it, then the rest of the trailer just went on to show that this is by far the most superior of the CW shows. Arrow and Flash seem to have started off ok but Legends? Legends only gets better. Arrow S4: Hong Kong and Not-Shadoo. Flash season 4: Dont even loving remember. Legends season 4: No full episodes yet but from the trailer some or all of the legends drop acid in the 70's unicorns are real but they maul people to death. Biff Tannen is apparently a shithead in every timeline. Constantine and Gary? Who the gently caress knows, but you know it's going to be glorious, stupid and amazing.

The time idiots are among the best things to come out of DC from the day it was founded right up until now. Somehow this show is lightyears better than the hundreds of millions spent on the DCEU and they do it with recycled costumes and what I can only assume is a healthy supply of acid in the writers room.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Nate and Ray are morons who somehow sport PhDs in two vast and complex fields of research. Them being dumb enough to be Bronies is the most realistic thing this show’s done so far.

I find no fault with your logic.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea it's this. Just keep using him in small doses and don't run him into the ground like Beebo.

Dayyyyyyyyyyumn

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

ShakeZula posted:

Really? The one on Flash sounded like Morena Baccarin to me

Flash Gideon is Morena Baccarin, Legends Gideon is Amy Pemberton. If the two Gideons want to get together and make out I'm 1000% ok with that.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wow rude

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Those idiots

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 15, 2019

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Watch them air the credits then absolutely nothing for the rest of the hour

edit: and the ending credits

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

seaborgium posted:

That's true, but they could do some other episode. Maybe Constantine has to send another unicorn to Hell, and we have a kid trying to be tough about it.

Kindergarden Ray bursts into tears in the background

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

TwoPair posted:

LoT mad lib:

While attempting to stop [season villain], the Legends end up [past tense verb] [historical figure]. The Legends must [group activity] where they have to [weird gimmick] to set the timeline right!

:hmmyes:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Not empty quoting

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

GAZE INTO THE NIPPLE

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I'm legit more concerned about Zari than I was about any GoT character by a loving light year

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

On the opposite side of that coin (:razz:), do Time Remnants count as separate souls from their creator? Because if so then there's like 80 Eobards kicking around down there, and about five Barrys too by this point.

Yeah but also a bunch of Zooms

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mick Rory is the most intelligent Legend

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Lets shove Gotham actors in here while we're at it. Gotham's "joker" was really fuckin good.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Vlad the Impaler ends up getting caught by an IRS investigator who's way too gung-ho and the Legends have to extract him without getting tangled in the red tape.

By the end Nate is literally hanging from the wall upside down in red tape

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Legends continues to be the objective best show in the arrowverse

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Medullah posted:

So this was amazing, but.... Am I the only one who thinks the crossover jokes are a bit much now? It was hilarious the first time as a 4th wall moment, but doing it over and over again is getting repetitive.

That said, minor nitpicking aside, was amazing from start to finish.

I absolutely lost it at “Oliver’s dead” “shouldn’t have done the crossover”

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Astra using the Jason Mendoza school of problem solving there.

When I have a problem I just throw a Molotov cocktail. Then I have an entirely different problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Laterite posted:

Tag team match with Diane Guerrero and 12x Tatiana Maslany.