Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

That's likely the setup for getting her back on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

BSam posted:

Haha, the gently caress is this poo poo?

They're angry that "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian!" sounds better than "Captain Sarah Lance: Time Bisexual" even though she is, in fact, a bisexual, as proven by all the male lovers she has had*.

*Who are, as of this post, all limited exclusively to men from the present. In all other times she's been strictly ladies only.**

**It's a really stupid argument either way. Bisexual erasure is a thing in media, maybe this season will do more to address the fact that she enjoys sleeping with lots of people, regardless of gender.***

*** "Time Lesbian" still sounds better though.

8one6
May 20, 2012

hangedman1984 posted:

To be fair, they did extremely heavily hint (as in it doesn't really count as "hinting" but more outright stating) that she slept with a male bureau agent when she got his access card thingie.

Right, which took place in 2017, the present.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 12, 2017

8one6
May 20, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Missed in all this incredible awesomeness is Wally popping in as Flash and loving nailing it. If they go forward with Wally having the mantle all this season them I am 100% on board again.

Bad news...

8one6
May 20, 2012

lotus circle posted:

Explain the pun, it's lost on me.

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_the_Rubicon

8one6
May 20, 2012

bbf2 posted:

AND this episode had Billy Zane in it

THAT'S who that was!

The entire episode I was wondering where the hell I had seen P.T. Barnum's actor before.

8one6
May 20, 2012

So when Mick and Jax merge is Firestorm suddenly drunk as gently caress, or does he inherit Mick's ability to function at up to 80% blood alcohol levels?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Speaking of Dr who did anyone else see a TARDIS floating in the holographic map of time anachronisms?

8one6
May 20, 2012

So Ray grew up in a Stranger Things town.

8one6
May 20, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Cain and Hatcher have both done Supergirl which I'm pretty sure has cast every actor who played a DC character for the last 40 years. They're even digging into the Smallville cast now.

They're also going for the cartoons as well! They got the guy who played J'onn J'onzz on the Justice League cartoon (Carl Lumbly) to play the current J'onn's (David Harewood) dad.

I'm hoping that Kevin Conroy shows up in the Arrowverse at some point.

8one6
May 20, 2012

discworld is all I read posted:

Was it just me or did it seem super cold-blooded that Stein's plan is just to dump Grodd into napalm, especially against the comedic backdrop of being helped out by foppish Isaac Newton. I mean when he said "Gideon, I have a plan" I just assumed he meant something more like burning Grodd alive.

Ehhh. Grodd's plan involved starting a nuclear war and then became the chrono-genocide of humanity. Split second decision to dump his gorilla rear end into a napalm fire seems justified.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Tiggum posted:

One thing that bothers me about Grodd is, can't he read minds? So why does he always think someone's betrayed him when they haven't?

On top of being a telepathic gorilla he's also a paranoid rear end in a top hat who will always jump to the worst conclusion.

8one6
May 20, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

He’s a super genius who constantly makes bad decisions? Don’t call him a Villain. He’s a LEGEND!

If they don't have the budget for Firestorm they certainly don't have the budget for Grodd every week.
Don't get peoples hopes up like that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

oh jay posted:

D) Merging with other Metas to turbo-charge their powers. Atomic-White Canary! Nuclear-Vixen! Radioactive-Steel! Turbo-Drunk Heatwave!!!

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm always going to suggest goofy time travel poo poo so maybe the can time travel to the past and get teenage!Lilly to live on the ship and babysit while adult!Lilly is being Firestorm.
Yes, it's a paradox on top of a time aberration, but this is Captain Lance and the Time Idiots and at that point in the discussion they likely rejected the idea of leaving the kid in Aruba (not gonna' happen Mick) or building a nanny-bot body for Gideon (actress isn't available more than once every 3 seasons.)

8one6
May 20, 2012

Avalerion posted:

So Jesus was a metahuman. Or possibily an alien. :shrug:

Jesus' pod from Krypton just got here way, way earlier than Kal-El's pod.

8one6
May 20, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

So, according to the Gugg the Waverider will be finding at least one person as a replacement for Firestorm and that it will be an established Arrowverse character.

I'm hoping it's Wally and not someone from Arrow, mostly because I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago and don't care about any of them.

Edit: I will also accept tiny Superman or Miss Martian from Supergirl.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Droppin' bodies all across time now.

Even if it was just for an episode I'd love to see him (or all three Lances) on an episode together.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Season 2 has a great take down of season 1. Season two also has the Legion of Doom who are all too happy to point out that the Legends are, well...

8one6
May 20, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, you'd be better off just reading what happens in S1 than watching it. Also, it'd spare you from Hawkgirl's "acting".

I'll take a one woman hawkgirl season over having to watch Carter dull be both wooden and stalky at the same time ever again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Are you implying that they don't shoot on location?

He's implying that it would have cost slightly more to build a pagoda in front of a green screen than the option they went with.

8one6
May 20, 2012

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Also Damian is a drat treasure I hope he doesn't (perma)die this season, which is amusing because I found him to be a pretty middle of the road Arrow villain.

Everything from Arrow becomes better the second it's not stuck being on Arrow.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Me a year or two ago: oh that's neat the dude from Tin man is on arrow

Me a week ago: CAP LOOK OUT THAT'S DAMIEN DAHRK IN A BOWLER HAT AND FAKE MUSTACHE

We know he survives into the 24th century because he managed to make it onto the Enterprise during the last Borg invasion.

Also he was M. Bison in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li where he slipped in and out of a bad accent at random.

8one6
May 20, 2012

quote:

"We knew that an alienated, chain-smoking, bisexual, world-weary demonologist would feel right at home among our Legends," Legends showrunner Phil Klemmer told THR in October ahead of Ryan's debut on the series.

This is why Legends is the best* Aarowverse show.

*Black Lightning is the actual best show on the CW, but it's not technically part of the Aarowverse. Yet.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm guessing the writers don'w want to open the door of the most obvious solution: Cloning.
They clone Amaya, send one back to live out the life she's supposed to live so time stays on course and the original Amaya stays on the Waverider and uses one of the other totems like Earth, Water (when they get it back) or the DEATH-TÖTEM!!! :black101:

Also Black Canary: Make a clone of Laurel (one that's not actually alive. Like, 3d print a dead body) and have Wally superspeed it in to replace her at the last moment.
Boom, you have Laurel on the Waverider, you get to keep Amaya on board, and you get wacky time travel hijinks.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I would love for them to acknowledge Rory's hosed up poo poo at some point in season 4, but that would require them to also acknowledge anything from season 1 other than Snart's death, so it ain't gonna' happen.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Whoever makes some GIFs of the season can I request Damien asking if they were serious about the plan from the John Noble episode?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Rewatching season 1 and it Vandal Savage and Hawkman still suck.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Do you think the Time Bureau agents ever have to deal with Time Masters? Like, the Time Masters are destroyed sure, but they operated through the whole of spacetime. There have to be times where Bureau agents had to go in and fight Chronos or reverse a change the masters made.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Season one has Sarah and Jax sharing a dube with young Prof. Stein in the second episode. In the third episode Sarah beats a bank staff's rear end.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I like the actress they got for Kendra (she has an amazing thousand-watt smile :swoon: ) but at this point if they want to bring Hawkgirl back they should just get like the Hawkgirl of 2099 who's a Thanagarian and isn't connected the Vandal Savage/Reincarnation poo poo at all.

Bonus points if they can work Maria Canals-Barrera in somehow.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Atarask posted:

Sounds like a Legends script, let's dial it up a little bit more and they're stuck in 1980s Miami. Constantine is hitting on Edward James Olmos who is trying to stop a drug deal which is actually MAGIC VOODOO DRUGS and Evil Ray keeps messing stuff up.

It's the 80's, you forgot Damien Dhark is there with a mustache wearing the most pastel suit he could find.

8one6
May 20, 2012

And there was his famous tuna casserole.

8one6
May 20, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

"Fixed" :commissar:

I didn't watch Arrow until at least after season 2, so it was more removed from Smallville for me. It is weird to think that Smallville wasn't that long ago, it always felt like a 90s genre action show like Buffy or Xena.

Don't insult Buffy and Xena like that. Both of those shows were actually enjoyable to watch.

Smallville is the Andromeda or Cleopatra 2525 of superhero shows.

8one6
May 20, 2012

V-Men posted:

Please send M'Gan Morzz to the Legends.

Yes, this.
Also Saturn Girl.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Yeah, but that was a future and a past Rip. This would be a Rip from the universe where everyone is a cowboy meeting a Rip from the universe where everyone is a mime.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I'm still doing my slow re-watch of season 1 and the Time Idiots left Chronos' ship parked at Nana Parbot in 1960.

In a more tightly written series we'd get time traveling assassins.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Argue posted:

SHIELD should do an episode where they get reports of a buried alien and find that it's an amnesiac speedster from another dimension, played by Grant Gustin. They'd probably rehab that character way better than they could on his actual show.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

Was it just me, or in the premiere episode tonight, was Nate's dad played by none other than Biff Tannen from Back To The Future fame?

Indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

Edit: this one is also fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4whetSL-E

Edit: Quote is not edit. I am a butthead.