Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

"Sometimes we screw things up for the better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

So, new thread title?

New thread title: DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Screwing Things Up for the Better, Part 3

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1FRJGC8Q0g

Here's the Gag reel for S2 btw.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

evilmiera posted:

I missed all of Season 2 but it sounds like that is motivation I can get behind for season 3.

Go back and watch Season 2

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Inkspot posted:

It needed an extra beat. Like Nate asking Caesar to hold it really quick while he took a selfie and then simply forgetting to get it back. How it is reads more like Nate dropped it so he could take a selfie, which is dumb enough, but then Caesar weirdly has it without ever having to actually stoop down and pick it up after Nate and Sara leave.

Still, that was a good premiere.

I assumed Caesar just pickpocketed it off of Nate. I know it's a realtively big book, but Nate is dumb.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It's official: Mick is not the dumbest member of the group. It's Nate.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

They really turned up Stein's dickishness this ep.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Of course Nate would take the possibly lethal hallucinogen.

Nate is not a bright person, but his heart is in the right place. Just like Ray.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Oh boy! Young Ray!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Svensken posted:

So apparently Zari/Isis the first Muslim superhero in live-action media. I feel like this should be a bigger deal.

Given how sensitive certain groups are to the existence of Muslims in general, I can imagine how tricky it would be to publicize it without generating a firestorm of controversy. The fact that the character's unused name is "Isis" doesn't help. Also, there aren't Muslim superheroes in Muslim majority countries?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It's 200% E.T.

Fake Edit: OH BOY SHOWTUNES!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Oh gently caress that preview.

Yessssss.

Oh boy, I see a Vietnam era acid trip along with some Predator shenanigans.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I'm surprised Sara didn't mack on a starlet or Helen herself this episode. I'm guessing they're dialing that aspect back a little as she leads the team

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

That mustache makes him look vaguely evil.

The LoT team definitely needs to branch out into faffing about in the multiverse just so we can have dorky evil Ray

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

So a new Legion of Doom centered around the mysterious entity with Dahrk as the front man. Not as good as the previous three man band, but Darhk still lights up the villain's side of the show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

By some miracle, they're all good this season, even Flash.

The last episode was pretty bad though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so basically the only way they're topping this one next year is if they just go full Infinity War and throw everyone up against like Darkseid or General Zod, right?

Nah. Have them face the Anti-Monitor. Crisis on Infinite 52 53 Earths.

Earth-X Snart was a couple with Earth-X Mick I bet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Argue posted:

Only disappointment of this crossover was that Lance was the only one who took the trouble to put on what sounded like a hokey Nazi accent.

Probably not, when Kamala's signature move is doing exactly that with her arm.

Aliens are Supergirl's territory and Earth-X is Flash's territory, so the next one would have to be Arrow's; some kind of unpowered crime threat, or at best, a magical villain. The one after that would then be some kind of time baddie like Time Trapper or Barry Allen, and if all the shows still exist after 4 years, they can do actual adaptations of CoIE and Final Crisis.

For a Magical sort of crossover event, there's Trigon, Blaze and Satanus, or Neron (Underworld Unleashed) as potential major antagonists. Even an altered Black Lantern storyline would work given how many dead people have been left in the wake of the various series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BreakAtmo posted:

That or go full Zeppo. The main superpowered casts go and fight some massive world-ending threat off-screen, and we get 4 full episodes of Diggle, Sara, Alex and Jessie Quick beasting their way though a side-mission.

Replace Jessie with Wells and you've got a team that doesn't have Jesse solving 80 of all of the opposition.

I'd really like if they could finally pull Hamill away from Star Wars for another Trickster episode with a crossover Legion of Doom.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Fantastic. At this point I just want to know where and what their ceiling is... and how can they find a way to bust through even that?

EDIT: A legit question; looking back on Season 1, Vandal Savage was definitely a weak point of not just the show but the universe in general. ...Would he have gone over better if they kept his plans and motivation the same, but made him a funny villain with a personality like Dahrk and Thawne? Or would he still have sucked?

The whole Hawks subplot is what made it suck. Not just Savage. If they kept Savage as his own character and not merged him with Hath-Set, it would've been the better for it. The actor playing him didn't have the personality that would've really fit with the rest of the Legion of Doom, imo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I haven't watched this weeks stuff yet, just watched the 4 parter, pretty good, the Jax and Stein, and Jax at the funeral stuff actually made me well up.

also lol at Felicity making GBS threads all over Barry and Iris' nice moment at the end by making it all about her, like seriously bitch can't you wait like 15 seconds? I was worried hoping felicity would catch an Arrow all through that event.

Iris brings it up in this week's Flash episode and I hope it comes up again when Iris and Felicity meet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S3: An Avalance of Epic Proportions

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It'll be Felicity's dad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Egyptian reincarnation backstory is pretty much the weakest part of the Hawk's backstory. I sorta hope they reboot the Hawks in Supergirl as proper Thanagarians and just drop the reincarnations thing. Also have a better, less creepy Hawkman

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sadly, Mick will never be sober enough to edit that novel

Fake edit: Oh, there's Kid Flash.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Mick's writing Game of Bones.

In Space

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The only sorta weird thing is that Ray got to know her as a child so if it's mutual, at what point did his sympathy for the girl turn into love?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I assume Zari or Sara put in some kind of program to detect when Rip activates a thing on Gideon as well as a possible override because they've already been burned by that poo poo a bunch already.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

It's still kinda creepy to me that Ray bonded with Nora when she was a preteen and now he has the hots for her.

If they keep it as a platonic father/daughter-esque relationship, I'd be okay with that. It'd still be a little weird because they're married irl though

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

13th Doctor's a woman... Paging Sara Lance, Time Bisexual.

Also paging John Constantine.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

The best crossover that will never happen. I assume Merlyn would team up with the Daleks for the obligatory Barrowman nods. UH-SASS-IN-ATE!

Nah, they'll fight the Brain at some point and Barroman as Merlyn attacks him with a plunger.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I just assume the that ATOM suit is a force-appropriate response thing. Room full of Avas? Let Sara handle this and maybe punch one of the ones she didn't gently caress up. Grodd and the Darhks show up? Okay, put the suit on Ray.

Also yeah the real answer is it's probably stupid expensive to have out and about on set and do CGI for. Plus it's probably uncomfortable as hell, and yeah, like others have save Brandon Routh is not the kind of man you put in a costume that covers most of his face for long periods of time because that man is handsome as gently caress.

They should've made Routh the Big Red Cheese. He's got the looks for it and he can pull off the sweet naieve personality well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Teek posted:

That's awesome. I'm guessing part of the Constantine thing is that there's a season ending cliffhanger that involves his character in some fashion. Drop that nugget for a tie in to season 4.

Maybe, maybe not. It might depend on what they have to do with the totems if they're not just put under lock and key for a rainy day. I'd like to think S4 is gonna involve Hell/Demons somehow and Constantine is their go-to for it for obvious reasons and we'll get people like Zauriel and Lady Blaze show up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Sara going to young Obama for advice was unexpected and tremendous.

It needed both of them getting high while talking about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

If they do go to hell in the next season, Damien would be a great "guide/Sherpa" for the team.

They need a Shadowpact/Demon Knights series. The magic version of the legends with people like Dahrk and Constantine

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

I binged a bunch of episodes over the weekend but am still behind so I won't be able to watch the finale live.

But goddamn has this been fun.

Its odd because on the surface the show should be much weaker than last year by losing Letscher and Barrowman and I don't give one flying gently caress about Mallus. And yet its worked out so much better, and I'm not sure how.

The main cast is just that strong.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Since we're getting literal demons next season, just about anyone could come back either directly or as demon using them or their form. Evil Amaya may be a thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

More like Hal trips and falls and the goons take credit for it.

Flash I'm not having a problem with this season even though DeVoe is a weak as poo poo villain, Digby has been a lot of fun and the supporting cast is always good.

Digby?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

8one6 posted:

I like the actress they got for Kendra (she has an amazing thousand-watt smile ) but at this point if they want to bring Hawkgirl back they should just get like the Hawkgirl of 2099 who's a Thanagarian and isn't connected the Vandal Savage/Reincarnation poo poo at all.

Bonus points if they can work Maria Canals-Barrera in somehow.

I'm sure they could work in proper alien Thanagarians in Supergirl and have Maria be a Chief of Police/Commander while Kendra's actress plays the person on the ground on Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I hope we get an episode of Nate after he's dropped some super high quality 1970s LSD

I wouldn't mind an episode where the whole crew is all tripping for whatever reason.