Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

quote:

...in order to try and stop Julius Caesar from conquering the modern world.

Remind me again, which one was the best Arrowverse show? Oh right! It's this one! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

More outstanding news: Matt Ryan is 100% coming back as Constantine for Season 3 of Legends. Just as a guest for now, but it sounds like they might be having him pop up on Arrow or Flash again this year too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm quite happy they figured out a way to still have Rip on the show without shelving him or turning him into an outright villain again (knock wood).

But still, the line "Rip's hiding something from us" should be followed immediately with "What else is new? :rolleyes:" by this point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

Did someone make a new Flash thread too?

Man, my superhero soaps start tonight.

No one's linked to a new one in the old thread yet, so I'm guessing same thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791688

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mythicknight posted:

I love Nate and Rays bro-out moments. Nate's been bulking these past few months.

Same. I love how they're both genius intellects and dumbass moron bros :allears:

Them smashing into each other trying to get out of the elevator at the same time made crack up. It was just such a small little thing and I never saw it coming.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Honestly, the only thing that took me out of the finale for a moment were all the oil tankers parked off shore of what's supposed to be Aruba. Because that's totally something happens in Aruba and not North Vancouver :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Cisco will crossover and technobabble some bracelet they both wear which lets them sync across time and space using liquefied Speedforce

I've seen people speculating online that might swap Lily in for Martin and just bullshit an explanation for how she's able to take his place as part of Firestorm. I think that'd be pretty cool, honestly. I like her as a character and she'd be a fun addition to the team full time if they went that way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And still no one cares about Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual :negative:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ither posted:

Maybe being in Africa makes Amaya stronger.

Now as to why she's more ruthless? :shrug:

Didn't Nate straight up show her news reports and photos showing she died in Zambezi at the hands of colonial soldiers who showed up and torched the place?

I think it's pretty a reasonable development fo assume that she's suddenly developed a "shoot first" reaction to people showing up at her village armed with guns because of what she knows now. She's trying to stave off the inevitable by killing it first before it kills her.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sara and Sharpe taking a smoke break between girl fighting :discourse:

God drat this show is the best.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So, I kind of got distracted near the end of the episode, but that bit with Sara and the team laughing at the whole “Rip’s hiding something from us” trope means that everyone, the Time Bureau included, has no idea that the big bad of the season is even out there, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

So when in Mick going to punch a clown nazi?

Crisis on Earth-X :ssh:

Gonna be a bunch of clowney Nazis in that one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

And the rest of them were listed as missing metahumans because?

Sara died and came back twice, Ray’s suit qualifies him for superhuman status and Mick’s lust for burning things is inhuman. Ergo...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

I really loved Mick desperately trying to burn the Argus thugs but never getting the chance during the first fight.

I had to give him props, season 1 Mick wouldn't have waiting for Sarah's go ahead before burning the guys in the hallway.

He's grown up so much!

A+ username/post combo.

Also the “real” reason that Ray/Sara/Mick got tagged as metas is that ARGUS has clearly gotten so corrupt and out of control in Zari’s timeline that they’re not above falsely labelling people as metas as an excuse to box them. That’s the way the scene played out to me anyway.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

She and Sara are going to bang before the season's over.

I've been rewatching the first season of Arrow lately, and I'm kind of bemused by how Oliver and Sara basically entered this universe together and over the course of 10 years, their lives have diverged so wildly, yet both have ended up in kind of the same place this year.

Both of them are spending their time this year squaring off against an angry woman from an investigatory agency who want to shut them down for being vigilantes who ruin everything they touch, yet while Oliver's confrontations with his opponent consist of glowering at her in conference rooms, Sara just openly beats the poo poo out of her and tries to kill her by ramming her big giant space ship into Sharpe's even bigger giant space ship.

I love how Arrow has paradoxically become the weirdest of the CW shows purely because of how non-weird it is in comparison to the other three.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Is it dumb that I expect Gary to be associated with the villain later this season?

gently caress that, I hope Gary is Mallus after all, given all the poo poo that's been done to him so far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nate being a complete goober and trying to gently caress Ray’s mom :discourse:

Zari seems like she’s a good fit with the idiots, I quite like her. I also got a big dumb smile at Amaya’s “get away from her you bitch” line.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that Nate was doing some sort of 1980’s Patrick Bateman spiel talking about ambitious records, seminal works and favorite bands and whatnot?

Nah. When Bateman did that it was because he was a sociopath and was trying to keep his victims distracted by doing Normal Person things like talking about music, only because he’s so hosed up he over compensates and goes too far into crazy town on the other side of the spectrum.

Nate just really likes Billy Joel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Inkspot posted:

CW killed it last night. Elongated Man was rad. Zari was rad. Whatever got slipped into the water supply, I hope they all stay well hydrated.

I'm telling ya, all four shows are on fire this year. I can't wait for the crossover at the end of the month.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I just assume that what the majority of the characters acknowledge as the "present" is moving forward at a 1:1 rate to the time they spend on the Waverider because gently caress it time travel is hard you guys.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

And where did Nate get a Delorean?

He didn't. He was just hanging out in some rando's driveway washing their DeLorean like a creepo goober while they staked out Ray's house. Also, congrats to the Legends production crew for finding the lone DeLorean in Vancouver (let alone one that's in pristine condition) :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dr. Nathaniel Heywood, a grandfather paradox waiting to happen. :mario:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Its going to be very weird when the Legends encounter the grown up Gumball, because you know thats coming.

Oh you better loving believe we're getting Gumball, the Ray Palmer of the Dominators at some point before the season's over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Arrowverse continues its genre powerhouse actor casting streak: John Noble is going to be voicing Mallus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LLJKSiLk posted:

My favorite part of the episode is the ringtone for Damien's watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Christ I really hope that the song and episode title is just a giant inside pun on Neal McDonough's name :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

That would be hilarious, just keep stealing and re-appropriating the villains of The Flash and Arrow.

I do wish they blended more of Supergirl in there too. I'd love to see Lillian Luthor as a part of the Legion of Doom. Just like have her be their anti-Ray science whiz to balance out all the crazy magic people.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xarn posted:

That music fight scene :allears:

I'm impressed that Flash this week centered around a drunken bachelor party that devolved into a fist fight for the stupidest of reasons... and yet it's Legends that features Return of the Mack as a background track.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I'm going to have Return of the Mack stuck in my head for a week.

The best part of that whole sequence is that since Ray still had Dahrk's watch on the Waverider, the music was technically coming from nowhere, and yet Dahrk was clearly dancing along to it as he was loving everyone up with his magic. So that basically means we were hearing what was playing in Dahrk's head as he beat the poo poo out of the Time Bureau goons :aaaaa:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Themyscira rad.

Kinda makes me wish they did a little stinger with the DCEU Wonder Woman theme at the end, but yeah I got a big smile out of that one.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I like that in this reality Sara is indirectly the inspiration for a warrior woman culture on Themyscira

this is my head canon i won't hear anything else

The way Zari was describing it, Themyscira already was a warrior culture at the time when she dropped Helen off there. Me, I'm going with the implication that Diana is a descendant of Helen of Troy (and that Wonder Woman exists in the Arrowverse, because come on guys!)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I liked that they didn't chicken out and just switch the actors around while pretending that they were body swapped. Too many shows don't trust their actors enough.

Honestly, I though Victor Garber's Jax was a little lacking compared to Franz Drameh's Stein, but it was worth it in the end to finally see Stein in the Firestorm suit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The entire crossover this year is based on the current CW Seed cartoon.

Doubly so once Constantine shows up again this year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Technically, he's Kara's adopted dad on Supergirl.

Supergirl's adopted mom on Supergirl?

Helen Slater

And Teri Hatcher was Mon-El's mother, Queen of Daxam, during last season. Mon-El's dad was Kevin Sorbo.

And Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl on Smallville) showed up at the end of the first season as Indigo aka Female Braniac.

Me, I've been holding out hope for a while now that they get Michael Rosenbaum back in to play Lex Luthor on Supergirl. Especially because he's the right age now to play a proper Superman-era Lex.

EDIT: It's too bad Justin Hartley's tied up with This Is Us, because I'd love to see him show up on Arrow as somebody, like a one-off villain or something. Oliver Queen vs. Oliver Queen. :getin:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 21, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pentyne posted:

I love that Brandon Routh went from A-lister to lower but seems like he enjoys a single episode of LoT more then anything he's ever done before.

How long until they get a LoT episode where Dean Cain plays a caped superhero? Bonus points if they can get Teri Hatcher too.

Was he ever really an A-lister, though? I seem to recall it was a matter of "Meet the new guy playing Superman! ...Welp, he was a pretty good actor but the movie sucked, guess his career's dead now, womp womp." But it seems like he's recovered well enough now, especially with Legends doing as well as it is lately.

He just seems to be such a cool and fun guy to hang around. I listened to the cast commentary for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World when it came out and while it's already a fun listen, Brandon Routh kicks it up to another level. He just kind of crashes the commentary, almost like he wasn't invited and just showed up anyway. He comes in like 20 minutes into the movie fresh from a hamburger joint or something and is just a bundle of positive energy and him and Jason Schwartzman just have a blast together riffing off one another.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Isn't Victor Garber like a fairly good actor? Because his Jax was awful, meanwhile Jax was killing it as Stein

He is. Watch Alias, the man singlehandedly saved that show after it went irrevocably to poo poo. But he's also like 9 months past done with being on this show so I don't entirely fault him for phoning one in... even if this one one was destined to happen since the moment he signed on to the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I assume she's the one taking the picture.

That was my thought too. Though according to Brandon Routh actor availability for the crossover was kind of a madcap spinning plates situation where they could only have actors on the Waverider set for like 20 minutes before they had to run across town and film something else. So who know?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So here's a plothole that's been bugging me for the last couple of weeks. Did we ever figure out where that Cheeto came from?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Plus, this is like the third straight time that Grodd’s been offered a peaceful way out of a crisis he himself perpetuated only to slap it away in bad faith. Hell yeah dump his gorilla rear end in the fire. Fucker just doesn’t want to learn.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

By some miracle, they're all good this season, even Flash.

This goon speaks the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The last episode was pretty bad though.

I'm sort of willing to give this one a pass because the majority of everyone's energy was focused on doing the crossover around that point. Still, if that one ends up being the worst episode of the season, then that's still pretty drat good for post-season 1 Flash.

V-Men posted:

I can't accept a Legion of Doom without Malcolm Merlyn. Barrowman and McDonough were the delight of LoT's 2nd season.

Same, but for Thawne. The show is sadly lacking without Matt Letscher being an amazing bastard on it.