Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This was the best of the Arrow-verse shows last season by a HUGE margin, and it looks like Season 3 is going to be more of what I loved. Comedy, crazy storylines, and the team being the most lovable idiots in the multiverse.

Plus Constantine? My body is ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This show keeps getting better and better.

Mick's bizarre love of killing/fear of vampires was the highlight. I really hope he gets to stake a vampire at some point this season.

Let Victor Garber play multiple roles in every episode, please. Let his final episode be him in every single role. He's a national treasure and I hope he's not completely done with the whole DC comics TV-verse after this. There's always room his Professor Stein to come back for a guest spot.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

The Flash is the best rated, then the other 3 all basically do the same. Arrow did worse than Legends for the first time last week, but that was probably a one off because it was Thanksgiving when Arrow aired. It was on Wednesdays before this season. Supergirl started strong last season but lost half its viewers by the end and into this season.

They're probably actually safe this year, but the non-Flash trio are getting low enough now that they might have to chop one. It would likely be Legends if they did have to choose from the 3 being equal.

Edit: Although what Legends has going for it is stability. It's never had ratings as high as Arrow and Supergirl used to, but consistency has value to networks. I just think that of the 3 it's the least important to the whole CWverse and so the most likely to get the axe if they do it.

I don't think any of the shows are likely to be cancelled. Legends is the lowest rated, but it's still getting numbers comparable to Riverdale and Supernatural and more than double what Jane the Virgin is doing. Those are still really solid numbers for the CW.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This is the best show on TV. It's amazing how they bring out the best in every character. Wally was underutilized in the Flash, now he's the powerhouse of the team. Darkh was a pretty good Arrow villain, now he an extremely complex character that I actually want to see become a hero, or at least have a happy end to this season.

When the Earth totem first showed up, coupled with Constantine, I kept hoping for Swamp Thing to appear. And you know what? That's probably not that far off for this show, they could do it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Crisis on Earth X is still probably the best example of how great the CW shows can be, but this was definitely a close 2nd. It just kept getting crazier and crazier and better and better.

In any other show, having Helen of Troy show up having been trained by the Amazons (and speaking in Gal Gadot's accent to boot) would have been enough. Not for Legends, though, not even close.

I'm torn between my favorite scene being the fleshy mass of limbs they created with the totems or Beebo exploding into a heart shaped cloud of fur. Although Constantine showing up with a freakin dragon's head in Aruba is a dang good teaser for next season.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The Lord Bude posted:

I honestly don’t know how you top this.

I remember when Season 1 ended, and I was like "Eh, I guess this is the best we're gonna get."

Then Season 2 started and I began realizing that the show was insane in the best possible way as it kept getting bigger and better as the season went on.

Season 3 has been an even bigger build from "I love this" to "This is peak television". Like my least favorite episode might have been the Elvis one - and that still was about Elvis getting a totem that let him raise the dead.

And next season looks to be leaning heavy into magic and possibly stuff escaping from Hell? So it's just going to get bigger and crazier and better. Since I'm pretty sure we'll get at least one episode with the legends literally in Hell.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Creature Commandos PLEASE

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Phenotype posted:

That's not so bad then, if it was his own choice. I was just picturing the poor guy getting rejected over and over because of bad writing.

So I googled it because I was curious:

That means that he's either had a bit of growing up and decided he'd be happiest not being a full-time actor, or that he needed to come up with a generic reason to explain why they were firing him that wouldn't reflect badly on the producers so he wouldn't burn any bridges.

Keiynon definitely did not get fired, he had a nice sendoff on the Flash's season opener and he's been told he's welcome back at any time. He just came out and had a relatively high profile role in a pretty acclaimed movie, both of which led to him getting very involved in the LGBTQ community.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This season keeps getting better and better and they've become absolute experts at balancing hilarious stuff and genuinely heartwarming moments.

Mick probably had my favorite arc this episode. Shame over his writing followed by a genuine appreciation/bonding moment with Honda over how scary it can be to show your creative side and the joy you can feel to see it in motion, followed by him accepting his skill but still being the sleazy Mick we all love.

That'd be enough to make a great episode, but you also had Norah genuinely working to be a good person because Ray stood up for her, the AMAZING Thanksgiving dinner, and Gary and the Takeout Girl being awesome.

This show had better NEVER end and just get crazier and crazier each season.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I love this show and wish more shows would resolve conflict through cake and wine.

It also completely owns that the show has gone from "All magical creatures are evil and must be sent to Hell" to "They're not all bad and they deserve some respect no matter what". It's so nice to have a show that's purely fun escapism and has this extremely positive message that everybody deserves love and respect.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Mortanis posted:

This is the best of the CW shows by such a large margin.

Hemmingway: "So we won't be seeing that beast again"
Completely impassive F Scott Fitzgerald gesturing with a drink: "Then what's that?"

Agreed, although I'm enjoying all of the shows a LOT right now. But Legends is literally miles above everybody else. Because it's miles above every other show ever created.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Mona's still cool but I enjoyed Shape of Water so I'm probably a weird deviant who's fine with people loving versions of the Universal Monsters.

The show keeps getting better. Mick's "Professor Stein?" at seeing the puppet was both hilarious and heartbreaking, which basically sums up the whole show for me.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I know the CW is trying to fill up more space with superhero shows, so seriously, just make DC's Puppets of Tomorrow a thing.

Awesome episode, it's amazing that in one hour you got 3 parody shows AND a super heartwarming story of Constantine and Charlie growing as people and being willing to sacrifice things for their friends.

Those parodies were just so drat good.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Dead Like Rev posted:

Best loving episode of Legends EVER.

I've been saying that every week this season, but yeah, best episode ever.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

ApeHawk posted:

I wonder what the team would even go up against at this point in season 5.

Angels? Aliens? Angelic aliens?

Either another supervillain team up from Arrow/Flash leftovers (seriously just imagine Mark Hamill's Trickster on this show) or maybe some kind of alien invasion messing with time? I don't know, the show owns no matter what, they could have the season be the Legends vs an evil mop and it'd rule.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Probably BS since the rumor boils down to "Crisis is gonna change stuff, so they'd probably cancel it and move the characters around."

My hope is if the show does end they just come back next season as "The Super Legends of Tomorrow" and are louder, angrier, and still have access to a time machine.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow But Also They Run a Restaurant For Superheroes

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This is the best show on TV right now and the purest distillation of what makes comic books great.

Long may it reign.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Bohemian, Dipshit Son

If Reverse Flash ever comes back as a villain for this show he needs to start calling the Legends Time Dipshits to up the stakes from last time.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Good episode, very glad the show's back.

Nate and Zari definitely feels random but the show's never failed before on relationships, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

My favorite parts were Ray busting out the steel chair in the brawl, Mick getting to be the voice of reason for once, and Constantine's low key love of lucha.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Season 1 doesn't count, it's basically an extended pilot.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I love this show and this was another great episode.

Nate and his Dad bonding was really sweet, Constantine and Sara bonding was also sweet, and Ray admitting he couldn't beat the Water Temple hit really close to home.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

howe_sam posted:

He's not the villain, he's been duped by Neron because Tom Wilson is too nice a guy.

Next week's episode is called Seance and Sensibility

From the way Nate was talking to Neron, I'm curious what deal was made.

Keep in mind the lying bug didn't fly at him when he was talking to Nate at the end, so he 100% was doing what he did for Nate and his family.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I think that Mona took a lot of steps towards being a likable character in this episode.

They confronted the whole "Woe is me, I loved a sexy werewolf but he's dead" stuff and started her on the path to getting over it. At the end of the episode she was firmly on the side of "It's fun to live in a fantasy world, but not if it diminishes who you are."

Still not my favorite Legend or anything, but she's growing on me.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

8one6 posted:

Speaking of Thawne do you think the Time Bureau just has notifications from Central City set to ignore?

Time Bureau has a guy assigned just to Central City based time issues. He's still dealing with the fallout from Flashpoint, and his office just has a shitload of yarn connecting random pictures trying to unravel what the "actual" timeline even is anymore.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Ray's pureheartedness is going to either destroy Neron or somehow transform him into a force for good, and it's gonna own big time.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This whole episode owned from minute one.

Mick being truly proud of his work and loving his fans, Mona as that one weirdo you see at every con panel who asks very specific questions, the crowd instantly accepting Mick as Rebecca Silver. And that was the freakin C plot.

Neray (Rayron?) is suitably weird - he's been so upbeat for the entire show it's actually a bit strange to see Brandon Routh playing it so sinister. It's like when that kid comes back from the dead in Pet Sematary or something, it's just spooky.

Speaking of spooky - evil crawling and mewling nipple is pure nightmare fuel.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Best show, best finale, best use of the Monitor ever. And an absolutely heartbreaking ending.

And the next season looks amazing, that concept is solid gold.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Vandal mellowed out when he went to Hell and didn't have a world to conquer. Honestly, I hope he comes back in S4 and joins the team.

He was so boring in Season 1 but it's insane how a tiny little cameo has completely redeemed him for me.

I am totally down for him being the team's Hell Expert or some guy they check in on every so often who's just incredibly upbeat at all times.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Yer Burnt posted:

Sucky casting news.
Spoilered to be safe but I'm sure it'll be unavoidable.

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Brandon Routh & Courtney Ford To Depart the CW Drama As Series Regulars
https://deadline.com/2019/08/brandon-routh-courtney-ford-exit-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-series-regulars-season-5-the-cw-1202702311/

I'm incredibly bummed but (and I'm probably just being too optimistic here):

is there any chance that Crisis is going to shuffle teams around and they'll get moved to The Flash or Supergirl or something? Brandon seems pretty disappointed on twitter, but I assume they couldn't spoil a major changeup at this point. It just feels bizarre to end things like this.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Get me a Legion of Luthors with Rosenbaum, Cryer, and Clancy Brown. Drive a dumptruck full of money up to Gene Hackman to get him to record some lines in his garage or something, I don't care.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Mick's evolution from being ashamed of his writing to "Call me Rebecca" is beautiful and a good message for anyone creative who's afraid to share their gifts with the world.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Mortanis posted:

Can we please have an episode where Mick Rory and the Legends runs into actual legit Dracula and make some horrible Blade Trinity comments?

He's mentioned before that he hates vampires, which I assumed was a little joke about that awful, awful movie.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

I think everybody already knows, but this is the best show of all time.

Great first episode, I can't decide if the funniest bit was Rasputin exploding or Rory saying that he needs to stop writing to focus on his "thievery".

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

I love that Ray is still in aw there was a Superman that looked like him.

I mean, that's gotta be a pretty huge ego boost for anybody.

Ray's general enthusiasm was awesome. He was just so hyped about being part of the Crisis, hyped to have the camera crew, hyped to be reunited with the Legends, hyped to come up with goofy rear end catchphrases.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This is still the best TV show on the air.

Ava's crappy singing was an easy gag I've seen before, but Sara's pure joy made it kind of heartwarming.

Ray continues to be the best.

Constantine's American accent made me laugh every single time.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

It would have been really easy to make the alt-Zari some kind of supervillain and play with that dynamic, but having her be just kind of an out-of-touch jerk is somehow much more heartbreaking to me.

Also she's totally gonna steal the air totem, right?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Fairy Godparents work on Fairly Oddparents rules, which is very appropriate considering who played the evil Fairy Godmother.

So many slasher references in this, holy poo poo. The telekinetic locker crush was brutal, too, and it was about that point that I started thinking they were definitely going to undo the damage at some point.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Senerio posted:

Victor got to play Renfield and Brandon got to play Superman so Courtney getting a second role just seems to be a legends sendoff gift.

I think that's it exactly.

Plus I'll say that Ray's so goddamn wholesome that the only way Marie Antoinette's attraction perfume is gonna work is by her looking like Nora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

WHIM-SY! WHIM-SY! WHIM-SY!

Also Nate's multiple jokes about looking young were hilarious.