Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Episode was awesome but I still can't get over how great of a pun the title of it was. "Aruba-Con" --> A Rubicon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun fact, the pirate crucifying thing was totally a real story. Although one slight difference is that they originally were going to ransom him off for a lesser amount but he convinced them to up it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, when he was younger his opponents gave him the nickname "Queen Caesar" because he supposedly had a relationship with a foreign king when he was serving in that country.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

So the circus strongman was wearing B'wana Beast's costume. I demand appearances by Ambush Bug, Brother Power the Geek, and Kid Eternity.

(Yes, DC has a character named B'wana Beast.)

He wasn't just dressed as B'wana Beast, according to the credits that was B'wana Beast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that bugged me about the whole Stein thing is that THEY HAVE A TIME MACHINE.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And where did Nate get a Delorean?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Mick again proves to be the best again with casually carrying a stake around at all times. The glee on his face was perfect

It was funny how when Rip said "vampire" you could see Mick turn quickly in the background.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Even though he hasn't been given a lot of range to work with, I thought the actor who plays Jefferson did a pretty drat good job channeling Stein.

I liked that they didn't chicken out and just switch the actors around while pretending that they were body swapped. Too many shows don't trust their actors enough.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:science: Firestein

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That mustache makes him look vaguely evil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so basically the only way they're topping this one next year is if they just go full Infinity War and throw everyone up against like Darkseid or General Zod, right?

Superman already defeated General Zod on Supergirl's Earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how they dressed Agent Sharpe up like Katheryn Winnick on Vikings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Jax isn't just "leaving" the crew, he's officially off the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jax leaving makes this season kind of weird in retrospect, mostly how they spent a lot of time on safely splitting Firestorm and Jax working on being a hero without powers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Writers' or actor's choice?

All I saw was that EW confirmed he was out but left it open for him to come back from time to time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, according to the Gugg the Waverider will be finding at least one person as a replacement for Firestorm and that it will be an established Arrowverse character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Well, they did introduce The Ray.

It isn't the Ray, that's the one answer they gave. He's on another show.

Edit: The actor, not the character.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 9, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I just don't believe it would be Lilly, since the character just had a baby. That'd be a bit of a dickish move.

Unless ... they never did mention a father?

When she announced she was pregnant they mentioned that she was getting married to the baby daddy but they never said his name or anything like that.

They could probably do Wally since he has an in with Nate and the Flash has been pretty upfront about not knowing what to do with him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy Odin Day!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of great that the first thing Constantine does when he comes aboard is flirt with Snart and then when that doesn't work hooks up with Sara.

The smoking thing was kind of funny because it was a huge to do on his show how they originally weren't allowed to actually show him smoking. So they had to be creative with having him just about to start or just stopping.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news is that Constantine will be back for at least one more episode this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seems like something that would have come up well before Black Lightning started.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've announced that Jesse Quick is going to guest star in a couple of weeks. Its the same episode that Constantine is going to be back for so if I had to guess I would say probably some kind of evil Mallus vision.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Constantine animated series starts on CW Seed on March 24th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with Rip was that he was always such a killjoy who would stop the team from having fun. Sara is a great captain because more often than not she's complicit in the shenanigans or at least understanding of them and isn't a huge wet blanket. Also doesn't help that Rip had that tinge of antagonism withe every interaction seeing as he lied to them in the first place to get them on the team and then was constantly keeping secrets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I was not a fan of Nora before this week's episode but she was a lot of fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Halfway through his own series they started sneaking cigs in. I'm sure LoT will do the same.

Well he got to smoke at the end of the last episode he was in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was an intensely stupid joke but I did laugh at the Doctor Who bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice that Ray did the Jedi Mind Trick hand wave when talking to the Avas?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

... they did.

15 years ago.

(Big Red Cheese is Captain Marvel)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're probably going to have to take all the totems off the table by the end of the season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of wonder if this season is going to end with Amaya going back to her own time because they sure are talking about it a bunch. They can only put it off for so long before it loses its impact.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I love about this season is how they keep bringing things back to that drat dating app.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed

(which means we get Constantine!)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When Constantine joins the cast I want him to sleep with literally everyone (except Ray.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Nora is super dead because you see her goddamn head come off during the transformation. She doesn't so much turn into Mollus as he exploded out of her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm a bit nervous by how big the cast is becoming. I don't want anyone to leave. :(

It really feels like they're planning on having Amaya leave the team. Seeing as we have proof that she does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unless they permanently fix her history problem bringing Amaya back is always going to have that cloud over it where she has to return to Zambesi and the 40s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also I can't believe Nate wouldn't reference Captain Planet in regards to the combined totem powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about the whole crater bit was how at the end when they did the group hug they got Mick in the middle so he was getting hugged by everyone.