Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

I am in love with the title of this thread. That alone holy poo poo.

The plot info coming out just makes me desperately need for it to be next week already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

God this season is going to be amazing.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I missed this classless bunch of losers so much.

Beating the poo poo out of Julius Caeser after distracting his frat boy army via a dating app, cracking out a catchphrase and high-fiving over it, then taking a selfie while he's dazed and confused is pretty much peak TV for me. Rory casually lifting as much crap off the time bureau nerds and dropping it out on the table to check out was wonderful too.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Selachian posted:

I liked the in-joke of Stein refusing to get on the Titanic.

Pretty sure that was included in the first trailer for season 3 and it was amazing back then too. For anyone that doesn't realize the joke and/or missed it the first time it came up Victor Garber played the Titanic's designer, Thomas Andrews, in Titanic.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

I was so expecting it instead of the water break

I appreciate the two of them wailing on each other to a standstill and just saying gently caress it, this isn't working lets just try to talk this out then go for round two if that doesn't work. It's just the right amount of action and dumb that works, and the comedic timing on it was pretty much perfect.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

XboxPants posted:

"You can do this. They're all counting on you, Jax. Now burn, Jackson! BURN "

Burn them ALL Jax.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kid Ray was super annoying.

I wonder if they will a way to make Jax Firestorm solo or if they will find someone else.

That was what I was expecting to be going on in the weird workshop Stein managed to secret away, to be honest. Given that it looks like far more than just a temporal walkie-talkie was being developed down there I suspect that's still the case.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

They're wasting no time at all in setting up the glorious goofiness of this episode.

And they remembered the Land part of the sign.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

This is a wonderful episode all around.

Darhk's reaction to finding out Stein is in Jackson's body was worth, like, everything.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh gently caress that preview.

Yessssss.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

When did Zari learn to fly and navigate the jump ship?

We can assume she was taught the basics at some point, and even failing that she's seen it done a few times by now and could probably guess or computer-nerd the rest of it from there.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I have to say, Grodd's model seems to get better looking with every episode he shows up in.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Still disappointed that Thawne never visited pre-statehood California.

One good thing about Legends and Thawne is that there's always time.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

So what are the chances that they're really selling Jax's "I don't want to be Firestorm anymore, but I still want powers" angle over the course of the crossover as setup for turning him into Cyborg? When his role was initially announced, everyone thought he was going to be Cyborg because he basically had the same backstory as him, AND he's an expert futuretech mechanic now thanks to his years on the Waverider. So maybe they're finally letting him be the character they wanted him to be from the start now that the WB's easing the stick out of its rear end w/r/t movie-only character embargoes now that the DCEU is full-on imploding.

That actually makes a fair amount of sense. Could have the whole unbecoming Firestorm thing end with him fused to some futuretech and bam, Cyborg'd. I can't imagine it'll be a very complex costume if they do it though. Half the reason they don't do Firestorm seems to be the SFX cost so it's not like we'd be getting a robot'd up dude running around on the regular.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Or maybe they'd do something like the HR Wells hologram face thing where the cybernetic parts are hidden away behind a "hologram" so you don't have Franz Drameh in an expensive costume/prosthetics/CGI all the time and only whip out the Cyborg stuff on special occasions ala Firestorm and Steel.

Plus having Jax as Cyborg solves the "problem of Firestorm" that's been looming over the show with how he's a giant I WIN button that everyone just keeps forgetting about hitting for plot contrivance purposes. Jax still has powers and is still one of the strongest members of the Legends, but they're more practical and grounded compared to Firestorm's.

It'd also be powers that match his area of expertise on the team, without having to ignore the fact he can just plain transmutate anything into anything else, hurl nuclear fireballs, etc. Could even leave the matrix stable in Stein as an incase-of-emergency-break-glass backdoor into bringing back Firestorm as someone else if you really want/need to. They could just go the way they did with Coulson's hand on Agents of SHIELD and have him look completely normal until he busts out some special ability, then go right back to normal. You'd kind of want him to pass as normal in their line of work anyways.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Guys I just realized next week won't have the crossover any more

I'm devastated

Not as devastated as Grey.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Gonz posted:

I love this wonderful stupid show. I'd say it's the best of the CW DC shows, but I can't say that with certainty, since the only CW DC shows i've watched from the beginning are this and Supergirl. I never got into Arrow or Flash for whatever reason. They might be good, too, but i'm probably never going to have to patience to binge-watch their whole runs, so for the time being, i'm going to stick to my "Legends is the best CW DC show, as far as I know" guns.

Season 1 of The Flash is well worth watching, to be honest. A more light-hearted feel/atmosphere all around and if you've enjoyed Thawne on Legends you'd probably love his slow build up and bastardry there. Seasons 2 and 3 kind of are a wet fart all around, but season 4 has been a (sort of) return to form.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think this Snart is just as evil. In his own way.

You just can't trust a man that uses hand puppets.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

John.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Sara's dad would be better.

Droppin' bodies all across time now.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I was kind of hoping by the halfway point, when they'd eliminated everyone as a suspect but were sure the ship was blowing up from the inside, that it turned out to be Wally tearing through space-time, into the Waverider, and smacking face-first into the engine so hard it caused a catastrophic failure.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

He'd fit right in as a well meaning gently caress up with a useful but not TOO useful powerset.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Why do I get the feeling that Ava is Sara's daughter or something based on the abrupt secret that Sara apparently isn't allowed to know.

Also Darhk busting out dad jokes and laughing at them is the best. Holy poo poo he's just having too much fun with this role.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Argue posted:

I was honestly hoping they'd make an exception and let Elvis join the team, just so Mallus could ultimately be defeated with the power of rock and roll in a rousing muscal episode.

Sooooo... this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-a-Doodle Because I think I'd be down with that.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

You know that fucker always rolls natural 20s.

Constantine is totally the sort of rear end in a top hat that'd exploit being able to roll a 20 whenever he wanted. Actually kind of reminded me of the John Henry Irons AI from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles when it's playing D&D with one of its maintainers. "Have you considered it can just roll whatever number it wants?"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Next week is all about dealing with an entire Westworld full of Avas, so I'm guessing that's tied into Rip's "SHE MUST NEVER KNOW AVA'S DARK SECRET!" bullshit from the other week. So here's hoping that comes part and parcel with her and Sara getting over Sara's dumbfuck hanging ups in a very prompt manner.

Post-Season-One Legends has been pretty drat good about not dragging out stupid inter-personal drama for the most part. It took them all of a single episode for Ray to admit to Constantine telling him to shoot Sara if Malus possessed her again. Two at the worst.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yes please. It has to be this.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well, the truth of Ava is already pretty sufficiently hilarious and weird.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Damien just watching this and basking in the petty drama rather than caring about the intended betrayal is wonderful.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh my god this is amazing. Aaahahahahahaha.

Lets just make this a safe space.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Damien's crisis of faith is amazing. Right up to and including the fake torture and coaching better screams of agony out of Nate.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

It was everything I hoped it would be.

RIP Rip and Darrrrrhk, yay Constantine!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

At first when the helper characters showed up I thought 'who is that blonde warrior lady' and then I realized oh yeah the gang rescued Helen of Troy and took her to Themyscira to train to be a badass warrior.

and when I remembered that, there were no 'oh that seems off' or 'well that doesn't make sense' thoughts, it was just 100% pure acceptance.

Helen of Themyscira mowing down an army with a six shooter and a shortsword was one of the best parts of that episode. If not for GIANT CAPTAIN BEEBO it'd probably have been the best part no questions asked. I really hope she shows up next season and we get to see a rip on Steppenwolf get stomped by her and the Legends.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Senerio posted:

It's because they knew he'd run away if they didn't.

He looked like he was about to go on a murder rampage as the hug closed in and he had nowhere to escape from it. Rory has some of the best drat facial expressions on the show.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Plot twist - Diaz was the drug lord all along! It was all part of his long-term plan.

Gotta admit, the Diaz gag is hilarious but it really makes me glad I haven't bothered watching Arrow since the half-season break.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

You've already won!

That's definitely what it seems like. Maybe I'll just slam through it once it's on Netflix or something.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

On Vandal Savage - I liked his initial two parter on Flash, because he had some personality there, like when Barry asks him if he practiced his speech in from of a bathroom mirror and he actually laughs at the joke. He was able to laugh at himself. Then he got boring.

1950s Suburban Husband Vandal Savage was pretty great too. When they let the character actually be a character and have some fun he was wonderful and the actor seemed to have a ball. But most of the time he was just generic and flat as all hell and it really is a drat shame because just like Darrhk he's a pretty perfect "run into him at various points across time" villain they could have had a ball with. If only they'd saved him for season 2.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

I can't really stay in this thread long because I don't want any of the ridiculous plotlines to get spoiled, but I'm near the end of season one and this show is hilarious. Not even attempting to be an overwrought prestige drama like all the Marvel shows, every actor having tons of fun with the material, just everything about Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell (not something I'd ever thought I'd say).

I would so far put this above any Marvel show for at least pure entertainment value.

It only gets better from here. Season 1 is where they ARE tryharding with the plot and drama.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Good news: they figure out what works and run with it.

Bingo. They have an over-arching plot to deal with for each timeline but don't really bog down the show with long, stupid drama or love triangles or other nonsense after season 1. They just use it to guide the Time Idiots from one episode's plot to the next. It uses this freedom to get weird with it and keeps pushing the boundaries on what weird even is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I question how Ray got into the envelope he handed to Mona himself, but itís Legends, I donít give a poo poo. This was a really well done episode.

Shrunk down after handing over envelope, flew into it and got stuck because he's Ray.