Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

V-Men posted:

I don't know why they're withholding a Doctor Who joke while Rip Hunter is present.

There's such an easy one too, considering Heatwave's name is Rory! I still occasionally get confused when someone refers to "Rory" and have to remind myself what I'm watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

ApeHawk posted:

I'm glad the team now has an airbender.

Speaking of, was that water lady doing waterbending moves towards the end there? Kinda looked it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Was that the same layout as from the movie?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Only disappointment of this crossover was that Lance was the only one who took the trouble to put on what sounded like a hokey Nazi accent.

XboxPants posted:

Are you sure they're not both references to the original source, the Simpsons gag?

Probably not, when Kamala's signature move is doing exactly that with her arm.

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so basically the only way they're topping this one next year is if they just go full Infinity War and throw everyone up against like Darkseid or General Zod, right?

Aliens are Supergirl's territory and Earth-X is Flash's territory, so the next one would have to be Arrow's; some kind of unpowered crime threat, or at best, a magical villain. The one after that would then be some kind of time baddie like Time Trapper or Barry Allen, and if all the shows still exist after 4 years, they can do actual adaptations of CoIE and Final Crisis.

Argue fucked around with this message at Nov 29, 2017 around 10:54

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Did this count as the first of the two episodes Constantine is appearing in? Because I'm feeling cheated

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I was honestly hoping they'd make an exception and let Elvis join the team, just so Mallus could ultimately be defeated with the power of rock and roll in a rousing muscal episode.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Mallus' final form is gonna be one where he (based on above spoiler) possesses a Beebo

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ahaha, hold on, before we even look at the season finale's title, check out the title of the penultimate episode; it's literally "Guest Starring John Noble"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Legends needs to do a Sliders season. Or hell, just expand the Waverider's scope in general so that they can slide between universes any time they want! Perfect opportunity to get some of the Supergirl crew in, maybe even someone from Black Lightning. Or even go hog wild and somehow find a way to wrangle characters from one of the DC shows on other networks.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to bring in recent cancelation refugee Lucifer Morningstar

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

It's a line that wouldn't be out of place at all spoken on this amazing dumb show.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This is 100% going to happen and somehow it's going to culminate in one of the Harry Potter spell words being important to the story, or at the very least used as a zinger when they beat the bad guy, giving Rowling the idea for the spell in the first place.

Also, the episode itself won't make reference to their orientation, but after they leave JK will tell everyone she knows that Sara and Constantine were bisexual all along.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

It also had Arthur Darvill hopping around time in a sentient time machine but that didn't stop Legends!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Some new stuff, some stuff from last season:

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/s...828270433046528

I am tickled by the implication that the "rising darkness" that kept getting foreshadowed in the dark serious NBC drama Constantine was "a bunch of stupid time travelers loving up"

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I just wish Clark Gregg and Stephen Amell actually pulled off that SHEILD/Arrow crossover they talked about wanting to do years ago. That would have been great.

SHIELD should do an episode where they get reports of a buried alien and find that it's an amnesiac speedster from another dimension, played by Grant Gustin. They'd probably rehab that character way better than they could on his actual show.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This is the only correct way to portray Constantine from now on

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Wait wait, I seem to recall Snart-2 trying to give therapy to the team re: Stein's death via a puppet. Is the one in the trailer the same one? I'm outside and can't check at the moment.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I love that Constantine is still pretending like he's in his old serious show and explicitly pointing out that every friend he has just ends up with misfortune, when we just know that by the end of the season he's totally going to be, I dunno, going to Japan to be in a Sentai Squad in the 80s or something.

Gonz posted:

Hopefully we get a “Middle-Aged Biff waxing someone’s car” scene.

I will settle for him dropping a “There’s something very familiar about all of this.” line.

I hope whichever writer proposes that to Tom lives

Argue fucked around with this message at Oct 23, 2018 around 09:30

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This just made me want a musical episode. A proper one, not that sorry excuse for a musical Flash episode.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Davros1 posted:

During Constantine's little "flashback", that was Manny the Angel from NBC's Constantine show we saw, right?

I paused to check, and it doesn't look like Harold Perrineau to me, but it could just be bad lighting (or recasting), because that sure looks like his facial hair, and and those clothes could plausibly be something Manny would wear. It would be great to have Zed put in an appearance, or if they wanna be funny about it, Liv, the original intended sidekick who they wrote out after the pilot.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I wonder if there was anything to that kid who witnessed Constantine performing magic twice. Also I love the running cigarette denial joke.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God

The fake AV Club review Ava reads for Swamp Thaaaang is paraphrased from an actual D+ review of... Legends of Tomorrow S1 Ep 12

Ahahahha that is perfect and classic Legends.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Just seeing Mick writing in the "previously on" made me laugh and once I realized where the story was going I couldn't fuckin wait. Takeout girl is great, make her a regular.

Now that we got a better look at the flashback guy, WAS it Manny? It didn't look like Harold Perrineau to me but he's got the fashion and facial hair.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

These episodes are so densely packed now, in a good way. I actually pay full attention to the show now, whereas with the other three I largely just keep them on in the background while I do other things and I rarely miss a plot point. Really fun ep, fun historical cameos, and it made good on my hope that we'd see Tom Wilson do a bit on the guitar at some point.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Just do a Legends-only musical, no Glee alum allowed. I have no idea how well the others sing but I'll take it.

Also, I guess this is a good time to link Tom Wilson's well known BTTF song

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

oh my god (spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR2u7RwTi4M

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Make Mama Cosmo a Legend you cowards

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So with Crisis on Infinite Earths confirmed for next year, Legends is surely gonna be doing Sliders next season, right? It's gonna be dope and I will get mad if it doesn't happen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

OK, who the hell is Richard Ayoade? I swear, if I have to IMDB that name, then HEADS WILL ROLL!!

The guy who voiced the dude that fixes Kaz's formal outfit in Neo Yokio

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

He also directed the episode where Jeff has dinner with Abed!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

On The Flash the Legends dropped by (offscreen) to give Barry a copy of Mick's book for him to pass the time in solitary (no, I don't know why he's there) and it occurred to me that the only character left who knows Barry reasonably well, or at least interacted with him multiple times before becoming a Legend, is Mick himself. So now my canon here is that Mick isn't just pimping his book but he actually cares about his buddy, the famous time criminal Barry Allen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I follow the entire cast on Instagram and holy hell Brandon Rouths hair is out of control.

Edit: I love this cast

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtURymP...d=1i9xaw9v1tkcb

Until the CW text at the end I thought it was an in-universe recruiting video for prospective Legends members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

ApeHawk posted:

I wonder what the team would even go up against at this point in season 5.

Angels? Aliens? Angelic aliens?

Monitors. They get the ability to slide and if there's any justice in the world the Legends will take lead on Crisis. (I will also accept Tiny Superman at the lead)