Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Neon Knight posted:

Imagine them shifting Tom Cavanaugh to Legends so one of the Dr Wells can be one half of Firestorm. That would be very good. He pretty much filled the "Voice in the head of the Flash that tells him how to use his science powers." so it is a pretty easy transition.

"You can do this. They're all counting on you, Jax. Now burn, Jackson! BURN :shepface:"

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Zebulon posted:

Burn them ALL Jax.

See this is why I'm thinking that in a hypothetical Rory-storm combo, Mick needs to be the disembodied, powerless voice offering helpful insights and inspirational speeches to Jackson. Way funnier.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

8one6 posted:

They're also going for the cartoons as well! They got the guy who played J'onn J'onzz on the Justice League cartoon (Carl Lumbly) to play the current J'onn's (David Harewood) dad.

Ooooh, that's what it was! I was feeling super disoriented during the scenes where they were both in Martian form, like they both had the "right" voice for Martian Manhunter. At first I thought, I dunno, maybe they had the same voice, they were just making the Supergirl actor do an old-man voice or something, but that was obviously not true. It was a real weird feeling of "How can this guy be Martian Manhunter if this guy's also Martian Manhunter augh what's happening"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

This episode was great and Mick is loving incredible.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Or maybe they'd do something like the HR Wells hologram face thing where the cybernetic parts are hidden away behind a "hologram" so you don't have Franz Drameh in an expensive costume/prosthetics/CGI all the time and only whip out the Cyborg stuff on special occasions ala Firestorm and Steel.

Plus, Cyborg's got a poo poo ton of fancy powers but in most cases they can cut costs and it can just be "punches stuff hard". That doesn't really require anything other than some stagecraft as the stuntmen jump backwards when they get hit, maybe you buy some break-away doors for him to crumple, that kind of thing. He can have a off-the-shelf smartwatch that presses some buttons on, says he hears some ultra-sonic frequencies. Then like you say, bust out some extra cool powers for special set pieces. I don't know for sure whether the prosthetic would be cheaper than the CG, but the powers would be. It's a neat idea.

Though, if we keep traveling to 2046, I do gotta say it would be nice to see some grizzled Static Shock.

Or just go nuts, don't even worry keeping him on-race and make him be another Dr Light or Etrigan or something.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

The "embiggens" quote was an homage to Kamala Khan/Miss Marvel, btw.

Are you sure they're not both references to the original source, the Simpsons gag?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Leo is deffo Earth-1 Snart loving with people.

You know, I was reading online trying to figure out what the gently caress ever happened with the Ghost-Snart story that sort of just got dropped, and I realized something else. They still have his old Cold Gun, don't they? Jax could take that; it'd be a perfect fit for an engineer like him, and going from fire to ice would be fun, too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Woden posted:

Maybe they'll tie in Riverdale and do some of the weird Archie poo poo.

Having a villain that was gradually built up to and had more of a connection to the characters would be good. Evil doppelgangers are fun for a gimmick, but they aren't hall-of-fame level villains. You need to a fully developed, independent character for that.

I also like the idea of having multiple smaller crossovers instead of one enormous one. Don't get me wrong, this was incredible, they really aimed for the sky and, surprisingly, actually stuck the landing. Running all cylinders like this with no rest will get old eventually, though. Gotta pace it a bit. So, maybe do a two-parter here, a three-parter there, whatever. Gives you more flexibility. You can do 'em every few months evenly, or you can even do them in clusters. Like, for the mid-season finale, have one two-part special in October to introduce the villain and set up the stakes, then take a few weeks to let the fallout settle, lay some more groundwork, and in November you have the two-part climax.

And goddamn I really liked how they didn't even differentiate which show was which. I think it's a loving fantastic idea to present these as basically a separate mini-series entirely. I hope that works from a production standpoint, too, 'cause that'd be great for them to have a little division just focused on making the crossovers run smoothly.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

It's a perfectly cromulent joke.

Yeah I looked it up after you responded, and I gotta admit you're right. I didn't know enough about the character - I recognized the move, but "Embiggen!" is also basically her catchphrase, it seems.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

We thought Jackson was gonna become Cyborg, but it's actually Grey who's gonna become Deadman! :pseudo:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Tiggum posted:

That makes sense from a character development perspective, but that Spider-Man serum's still lying around right? It would be a waste of resources not to have someone use it.

Give it to René on Arrow! He can paint his suit green and call himself "Wild Frog".

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Walter would be a freaking fantastic Council of Wells member. I'd love to see what a speedforce-induced seizure looks like.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Slamhound posted:

I actually really liked Mona until they rotated her to the main cast and seemed to reboot her character to insufferably quirky.

Behrad is so, so much worse than Mona. Do typical viewers seriously enjoy this Poochie loving worthless insert character? At first I thought he was supposed to be either unsettlingly or comedically discordant but it seems like they're just playing it all completely straight. I seriously can't stand him.

Slamhound posted:

Some characters are best as supporting. That goes for Gary too.

He's probably the worst human being in the entire crew, even including Astra, but I'm starting to see how he can fit into the story. I kinda like the idea that the people best suited to learn magic are those who are both intelligent, but also, just terribly self-destructive and incredibly bad at making life decisions. Nora, Constantine, Astra, now Gary. Like you need some basic smarts to create a portal to hell without loving it up, but also, kinda need to be a total idiot and doesn't that just fit Gary perfect? He's exactly the kind of fool who would think that infernal witchcraft is a fun and easy way to a better life.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

seaborgium posted:

There's too many options to be sure that's who it'll be. Nate alone has several from the team that could come up, plus Mick still has his kid's mom.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

seaborgium posted:

So, apparently Beebo is now saving Christmas, with Ernie Hudson as Santa.

https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-beebo-saves-christmas-special/

Vietnamwees posted:

Along with Victor Garber & Yvette Nicole Brown narrating!?

Nice

:discourse:

I know we already all knew this is the best cwverse series but at this point it's just embarrassing for the other shows

Poor Flash.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

So when the show comes back next season it'll be on Wednesdays.

Is that... better than Sundays? Worse?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

seaborgium posted:

I'm just pissed they got 15 seasons of Wynonna Earp and we didn't. The show has to have a bunch of fans to even get the WayHaught ship joke in. I wonder how they got the theme music cleared.

I mean, Dexter is getting another season, Roseanne got more seasons... in the post-human far future of Legends of Tomorrow, anything is possible

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Ava's actress is just killing it with the over the top cheese lately. So many wonderful stupid faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, if Bishop could factor in genetic changes like super healing into the Sara clones, then why didn't he do the same for his own clones??

He's too weak-minded. :lol: