Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
What's a game you would like to see happen?

To start us off, I brought both of these up in different threads:
-a FROM Software game that's like DS/BB but with a 10th century middle eastern '1,001 Arabian Nights' style aesthetic
-ship combat game like AC4: Black Flag or Rebel Galaxy, but set in the Star Wars universe where your using Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari Cruisers and stuff (TBH I don't care about this idea as much, EA sucks. LucasArts could have pulled this off but Disney murdered them... QQ)

Here's the ones I just thought of:
-You know those older Telltale Games point and click adventures (Homestar Runner, Back To The Future, Sam and Max etc) made by the good developers before they left the company and it descended into the Game of Thrones/Batman AIDS? What if those guys made a Weebl & Bob game
-a 2D sidescrolling stealth game that's like a cross between Mark of the Ninja and Centipede where you play as a slime creature (like The Blob) that must consume everything in each level, but every time you consume stuff it makes you bigger and more difficult to hide yourself, until you're basically 'taking up' a section of the level. I can't remember who that guy that made Gunpoint from scratch is, but he could probably make this work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A SMT IV style game with all of the systems and story style of Digital Devil Saga.

A puzzle game like Puyo Puyo Tetris, but also including Tetris Attack and Meteos.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A fixed camera survival game set in a single house that has an insane amount of detail. Basically RE1 but with contemporary technology behind the software but without the later gameplay styles of modern survival horror games.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The greatest game idea I ever heard, from Sir Kudolot in old YCS, was that of a prostitute farm in which your an immortal man whom breeds, sell, and rent prostitutes to clients and such, was more or less invented before he got a chance to do it, by a furry, and is now a game where you do the same but it's about breeding demons, cat girls, dog men, horse men and bird women.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

A fixed camera survival game set in a single house that has an insane amount of detail. Basically RE1 but with contemporary technology behind the software but without the later gameplay styles of modern survival horror games.

I would love this. RE7 comes close, it has a lot of the right ideas (way better than I expected from Capcom, anyways), but it's not entirely there.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I would love this. RE7 comes close, it has a lot of the right ideas (way better than I expected from Capcom, anyways), but it's not entirely there.

tbh I don't think RE7 comes close to what he's talking about at all

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

My dream game comes out in February and it's called Dragon Ball Fighterz.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Raidou HD remasters with completely overhauled combat system like Vanillaware did with Odin Sphere

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

An open-world game where you can do whatever you want like steal cars, shoot cops and go on dates, set in LA in the early 90s.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I'd love to see an update/sequel to Vagrant Story with the same basic ideas behind the mechanics but with some of the rougher parts smoothed out and made more user friendly.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My dream game is FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic dream game heroes!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
You made me do some googling and it turns out, unfortunately, that this post I made on a Game Ideas website when I was 11 years old still exists

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

May your Hell Meters always stay full, Imps

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
a VR game based on the original nightmare on elm street movies.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I've been reading a lot of religious/spiritual stuff lately and it gave me an idea for a strategy game set in a fictional Bronze Age world similar to that of the Old Testament period. It would just be a normal strategy game but with the twist that there's a deity that you have to keep pleased and if you do it will grant you bonuses and miracles, apply malus to your enemies or take direct fire-and-brimstone action against them, with the catch that if you make him angry he can start working for your enemies against you until you appease him. I pictured it as a Total War style game with a turn-based campaign map and real time battles to make best use of both lower-key blessings/curses like "Our god is displeased and has sent a famine against us, -x% food production for y turns" as well as bigger stuff like "Due to your high favor with the supreme being, the malak ha-mashḥit has joined your army for this battle" but I guess any kind of strategy game would work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A top-down stealth game akin to first two MGS games, only with a progression similar to Nuclear Throne - you go through 4 procedurally-generated levels (a jungle infiltration leading to a base, then you go through the base to reach a lab, and at the end of the lab you reach the fourth stage, some sort of giant Metal Gear-style machine full of security systems) each made up of three stages. You get one life, and procure items like EMPs, rations, ammo, smoke grenades, etc. on-site.

You'd have a balanced Snake-like character, and specialized characters you unlock after beating the game - a melee-focused ninja, a Fatman-style demolitions expert, maybe some sort of sniper? Not sure yet. I think it could really capture the excitement and tension of arcade stealth, and have a lot of replayability, speedrun potential, and so forth.

Depending on development time, you could have the stages be randomized to give it more variety. A tundra or desert opening stage, a boat instead of a base, whatever.

I'd call it Sneaking Mission.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

A SMT IV style game with all of the systems and story style of Digital Devil Saga.

A puzzle game like Puyo Puyo Tetris, but also including Tetris Attack and Meteos.
Or just literally any Meteos game. The first one was so good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When I was a kid I'd always dream up all these kaiju games. I think a game where you make your own kaiju and then go out and wreck a big city environment would be awesome, especially if there was a multiplayer component so that other players would show up as "alien" kaiju and you'd fight them or you'd go "across the ocean" and invade different cities. It'd be even cooler if you could bring in a friend to tag team the evil kaiju. Think War of the Monsters but you create the monsters.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a tactics style job-based SRPG where your squad is represented by buildable decks of cards instead of stat sheets

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

A game like Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, but Seinfeld.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

game i thought up today after reading 20 volumes of hokuto no ken, a civ-like or total war game set in post apocalyptic earth. you start as one faction out in the wasteland and have to try to survive and conquer as much of the wastes as possible so you can start to rebuild society in your image. you start off with a few survivors scavenging for bare necessities, then begin scavenging out of bombed out cities or whatever and start setting up a rudimentary society, then slowly progress until you start conquering neighboring tribes and start doing crazy poo poo like building giant sculptures to your leader or start projects to try to scavenge old world tech wholesale so you can overwhelm the barbarians around you with tanks and mechs and poo poo while they're doing raids on bikes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My dream game is Splatoon 2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dead or al8ve extreme beach volleyball 3 with vr support

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

- Armored Core-like Gundam game where you are in insanely huge space battlefields in a strategic grand campaign where you can be either one of several factions (Federation, Zeon or its successors, Jupiter Fleet, etc.)

- Victoria 3 but without the insane DLC system of modern Paradox

- Tactics Ogre game but inspired by Syrian Civil War instead of Yugoslav Wars

- Stealth game adaptation of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

a tactics style job-based SRPG where your squad is represented by buildable decks of cards instead of stat sheets

That new PC game Children of the Zodiarcs have a card deck system but no Jobs irc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

- Yakuza but you play as Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. *puts hand to earphone* Wait what holy poo poo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

-a FROM Software game that's like DS/BB but with a 10th century middle eastern '1,001 Arabian Nights' style aesthetic

This, except a aztec and/or southwest native american aesthetic

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

oh yeah wasn't that a fake leak before last E3 or something? FROM software mayan jungle aesthetic with a focus on hand to hand martial arts stuff sounded sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crusader Kings 3 would be amazing but modern paradox is complete aids

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

- Armored Core-like Gundam game where you are in insanely huge space battlefields in a strategic grand campaign where you can be either one of several factions (Federation, Zeon or its successors, Jupiter Fleet, etc.)

- Victoria 3 but without the insane DLC system of modern Paradox

- Tactics Ogre game but inspired by Syrian Civil War instead of Yugoslav Wars

- Stealth game adaptation of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto

Ty Plutonis

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Plutonis posted:

- Yakuza but you play as Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. *puts hand to earphone* Wait what holy poo poo

lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

an asymmetric co op game where one person plays a dungeon delver in a roguelike and then other a crafter in a farming sim and the dungeon delver has to send seeds and raw materials and blueprints to the crafter who has to process the materials and send the finished weapons and consumables back to the roguelike player.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly that coop prison break game from the Brothers devs is a dream fulfilled for me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Honestly that coop prison break game from the Brothers devs is a dream fulfilled for me.

Yeah that looks really fun. I'm not really into stuff like Uncharted or Last of Us as a concept but I think a co-op narrative set piece driven game like that could be really cool to play if they actually make the multiplayer aspect matter

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A more modern take on something like Lords of Midnight (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lords_of_Midnight) would be cool. A fantasy rpg where your enemies don't just wait around for the narrative to push them into you and actively plot and move against you basically. For example you might have to make decisions about which cities/keeps you're willing to lose forever in order to move your main group further ahead or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

From Software released a King's Field maker for PC in like 2002 and that idea would be amazing today, if it had the sharing tools and accessibility of Mario Maker.

Soral
May 30, 2009

super mario

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Breath of the Wild except the first screen of the game is a MIB style flash that erases all my memories of Breath of the Wild

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

loving's Field IV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

loving's Field IV.

• Locked thread