Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

klapman posted:

A game where once you beat the final boss you're given a password, and if you put it in at the title screen it unlocks the source code and to beat the bonus boss you have to look for the hints buried in the source code.

You can turn every one of the bonus boss' stats to zero, sure, if you're a baby with no skills. Maybe if you change the bonus boss at all it trips something and once you beat it the game calls you a baby and deletes all your save data

i cant wait for the gamefaq guide to beat the yospos game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

trying to jack off posted:

i cant wait for the gamefaq guide to beat the yospos game

your copy's bonus boss will be a bitcoin miner you freak...

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

my dream game would be an MMO where instead of characters that you gear and level up, you pick random people out of the game world and play as them. so instead of earning experience for a single character, you would earn points that you could spend to play more powerful characters in the game world

you could begin the game as say, a peasant who has to defend his village from raiders. if you die its not the end of the game but that specific person is dead forever. depending on how well you did, you'd earn a ranking and get points for it. if you somehow lived and beat the raiders then you could either let the peasant retire, or become an adventurer or a soldier or whatever you wanted. but in the end you'd either die or give up control of the character, at which point you'd earn a score and points depending on what you accomplished when the character was under your control

later on you could take control of high level characters like knights or sorcerers (or anything really, you could be a space pirate captain or a fighter pilot, the idea isnt specific to a genre) but you'd have to accomplish greater deeds to get a good ranking and earn more points

and the reason why i think it would be cool for that game to be an MMO is because that kind of a system would lend itself really easily to pitting human players against each other, and playing against humans is almost always more interesting and dynamic than playing against a computer opponent. one goal would be to make it as difficult as possible to tell if the monsters or enemies you were fighting were AI or human opponents

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

klapman posted:

A game where once you beat the final boss you're given a password, and if you put it in at the title screen it unlocks the source code and to beat the bonus boss you have to look for the hints buried in the source code.

You can turn every one of the bonus boss' stats to zero, sure, if you're a baby with no skills. Maybe if you change the bonus boss at all it trips something and once you beat it the game calls you a baby and deletes all your save data

sounds like nier automata except with looking for specific numbers in a gigantic text file instead of twin stick shooting mini games

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

jedi knight 4 is my dreamgame, but we will get samey EA games forever instead

Same but x wing v tie fighter

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Rogue Squadron sequel and you get to customize your astromech droid with shape and color and name it, and the VA for the pilots recorded every letter and number so they'll actually say the name while flying ("Thanks B8!")

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

armored core game in the souls engine or a game in the souls engine where youre a robot trapped in an ancient hosed up colony ship

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

stellaris but good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

roguelike with a elder scrolls style skill system but also sparking from th saga games to get moves based on those skills. like level up sword and you might spark a cool sword move

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a game like besiege but you're a necromancer and you need to build a franknstein's monster to destroy enemy towns. maybe with a larger campaign world too so you need to evolve your monster as you go to make it more powerful

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Rogue Squadron 4, but you play as the Empire

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I could really go for a Bloodborne 2.

The Dragon's Doge team getting back together and making an incremental improvement on the last game is also a gamer dream of mine.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

a game like besiege but you're a necromancer and you need to build a franknstein's monster to destroy enemy towns. maybe with a larger campaign world too so you need to evolve your monster as you go to make it more powerful

you start off with just like a regular guy but you need to kill stuff to make him bigger and more powerful. kill a couple other dudes and give him bigger muscles and a larger frame or like extra arms. kill a rhino to get a thick hide and a horn but you might not be powerful enough to control hi0m or even build a now so before you can tack it onto the monster or build a new one from scratch you need to go questing for a place to get your wizard more powerful

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

armored core game in the souls engine or a game in the souls engine where youre a robot trapped in an ancient hosed up colony ship

ah, this

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I could really go for a Bloodborne 2.

The Dragon's Doge team getting back together and making an incremental improvement on the last game is also a gamer dream of mine.

yeah these

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

those arent really ideas guy ideas though you're just saying "i want a sequel"

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
A game where you are a serial killer and someone else is on your trail

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Rogue Squadron 4, but you play as the Empire

This, but only if LucasArts were revived first

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
FPS crimsonland type arena battles where you're moving quickly and destroying hordes of enemies, interspersed with building up your character, and doing zelda-style exploration

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it's tony hawk but youre riding an embalmed/stuffed horse, grinding it off of stuff and doing flips. i've had fifteen years to workshop the concept since i first conceived of it and thats about as far as ive gotten

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's tony hawk but youre riding an embalmed/stuffed horse, grinding it off of stuff and doing flips. i've had fifteen years to workshop the concept since i first conceived of it and thats about as far as ive gotten

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Plutonis posted:

The Apocalypto game I mentioned before was something like that yeah. Basically the first half would have you fight off Aztec raiders looking for sacrifices and the second one would have you dealing with conquistadores with full plate armor, guns and attack dogs. All that on Mayan jungles and ruins and you could do poo poo like throw beehives at enemies

aztez is the 2d version of this exact concept

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

hell, that's a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could put that on steam with 3 levels and make a million dollars

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I just want a new skateboarding game that's any good. I think one structured like the new Hitman were they pack a ton into each map would be cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
skateboarding is a genre i never really got into, but they also stopped making games, so

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

those arent really ideas guy ideas though you're just saying "i want a sequel"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

Randy! Randy, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Pitchford. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well, listen to this!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

goferchan posted:

Lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goferchan posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My dream game that I've been thinking about for years is an action-RPG where in addition to the singleplayer campaign, up to four players can play online, each as a different class, in short campaigns where everyone has to work together and use their different abilities to get through dungeons, defeat bosses, etc. I finally started playing Dragon's Dogma and it basically plays exactly how I pictured this game in my head except with pawns instead of the live multiplayer

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

they could just remake tony hawk 2 in super hd or whatever and i would be good with it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon's souls in HD60, with 2 minor tweaks:
1. a way to control world tendency that isnt a pain in the rear end
2. no inventory limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

World tendency is way easier to control than character tendency

• Locked thread