Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

dogsicle posted:

instead of erasing them, chise blew their souls into the afterlife or equivalent, with the cat king guiding them.

I took that the cat king was planning on guiding them, but when Chise made her wind revelation she realized she could get them there on their own without sacrificing Molly.

Which is how I will continue to interpret it. :colbert:

Edit: on rewatch Molly is in Chise's arms during the flower sequence. Long Live The King.

Daedalus1134 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Tim was a powerful cat. I'm glad Chise managed to fix it in the end but wow that was rough, poor cats

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Knorth posted:

Tim was a powerful cat. I'm glad Chise managed to fix it in the end but wow that was rough, poor cats

My cat likes to place her head in the crook of my neck as she sleeps. I might be a little reluctant to do that for awhile.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The presentation for this show has been on point so far.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

dogsicle posted:

instead of erasing them, chise blew their souls into the afterlife or equivalent, with the cat king guiding them. also the next episode should have some more stuff with the sorcerers but yeah they basically show up to steal the corruption/poo poo talk elias and fail. it's just a small introduction for renfred and alice, and how sorcerers relate to the fae.

i feel like even the fan tl of the manga better expresses the magic than the subs did, no idea if its due to tl or the anime script though.

Wait, I thought Chise did the thing without the Cat King going with them, setting them on the path rather than needing the Cat King to guide.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
The long-and-short of it is that magic basically works off of metaphor, and through a metaphor describing the cycle of life of dandelions had the Ariel (A wind fae,) along with her ability to channel the magic basically use "the wind" as a guide for them to the afterlife and move on.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i always got the impression from the manga that the cat king was necessary in guiding them, but on a reread it seems like chise handles it all and the cat king just isn't very prominent in the rest of the chapter.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

My cat likes to place her head in the crook of my neck as she sleeps. I might be a little reluctant to do that for awhile.
It's fine as long as you haven't done anything towards cats that is likely to lead to eternal punishment through a horrible curse. Probably.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Really loved this episode. Aside from some weirdly timed comedic SD bits, this was a home run from start to finish.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/vestenet/status/927326125809917952

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Does she use magic to keep her dress on?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

There Bias Two posted:

Just like the witches in One Punch. Who wouldn't?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Probably just glued to her nipples.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Upon rewatch of episode 5, one very important question sticks out:

Why did her clothes melt too?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

These curses don't go halfway.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Pureauthor posted:

Upon rewatch of episode 5, one very important question sticks out:

Why did her clothes melt too?

let's say she was superheated and everything touching her in that instant became sludged

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Spiritus Nox posted:

These curses don't go halfway.

Pretty much this, probably. It's a thousand-cat death curse. Not the sort of thing that messes around!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

She's definitely using glue to stick to that dress.

Despite that, it was a pretty cool scene. :)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lmao they focused extra hard on Titania's breasts compared to the manga.

I really like the music during that scene. With the melancholic tone it reminded me a heck of a lot of the Nier soundtracks, which was pretty fitting.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I really like this series and its supporting cast, but yeah, Titania's boobs don't really warrant that proportion of the animation budget.

Still a good episode. :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I dunno, that lovingly animated slow jiggle was pretty hilarious.

I forgot how great Titania and Oberon are in general.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sindai posted:

I dunno, that lovingly animated slow jiggle was pretty hilarious.

I forgot how great Titania and Oberon are in general.

They're a highlight of the early manga.

This show has a really striking soundtrack.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Someone needed to smack the director with a rolled up magazine or something.

Next episode looks like it's gonna involve a big ol' jerk.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

He's quite a small jerk, really.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also Oberon appeared to have inherited a lot of Puck's characteristics.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I want those kitties to be in every episode :3:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I want those kitties to be in every episode :3:

One letter away from my opinion :wink:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Considering how deliberate this show is about depicting magical/mythical beings, I do think there was a sort of intent to be specific in highlighting her womanly figure as she makes her entrance, since as the Fairy Queen she's definitely an idealized form in that respect.

That and some of the animation staff probably looked at the original design of her dress and were like "how would this actually work" :thunk: and took it as a challenge. :v:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I really doubt that. It just seemed like plain old anime fanservice, and frankly it was really distracting. Can't wait for the adaptation of Chapter 14 to see how much worse it gets. :japan:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

cathead posted:

Considering how deliberate this show is about depicting magical/mythical beings, I do think there was a sort of intent to be specific in highlighting her womanly figure as she makes her entrance, since as the Fairy Queen she's definitely an idealized form in that respect.

That and some of the animation staff probably looked at the original design of her dress and were like "how would this actually work" :thunk: and took it as a challenge. :v:

I sort of thought this as well. Mostly because her chest was really saggy, which made me think of her as a fertility figure of sorts.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

One of the problems after learning how to edit GIFs is that you start to see the difference between 24fps and 8fps, and sometimes you wonder what things look like when they are slowed down given the frames, but on rare occasions you wonder the opposite, and then you stabilize the image, and now you've created a monster good job brain!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnacondaHL posted:

One of the problems after learning how to edit GIFs is that you start to see the difference between 24fps and 8fps, and sometimes you wonder what things look like when they are slowed down given the frames, but on rare occasions you wonder the opposite, and then you stabilize the image, and now you've created a monster good job brain!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

"Yes... it's like a lava lamp..."

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

AnacondaHL posted:

What are you using for image stabilization? And/or interpolation too maybe?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Tripping hither, tripping thither,
Nobody knows why or whither

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I really hope that either someone transcribes all these piano fills or that an official piano book is released.

I'm probably about 2 episodes away from just trying to learn these by ear. They're just gorgeous.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Daedalus1134 posted:

What are you using for image stabilization? And/or interpolation too maybe?

Small jobs: brute force in Photoshop. Large jobs: edit video file in NLE software of choice then gif it afterwards.

I am not a believer in anime interpolation, so none of that.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

AnacondaHL posted:

I am not a believer in anime interpolation, so none of that.

Hahaha the boob was smooth enough I wasn't sure. Just lovingly crafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Beware the Jubjub bird