Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Would Kira be able to kill Yoshikage Kira? I think that could go either way.

Also, signing up, can't wait to get murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

I know nothing of this game's flavor :eng99: (but that's pretty much always the case)

It's an anime series (and now a not-very-good live-action American movie) where the gist of it is that a death spirit gives an rear end in a top hat genius kid a notebook, where if you write somebody's name in it, they die. By default it's a heart attack, but you can write-in how you want them to die, and that includes dictating their actions for a period leading up to their death. He uses it to murder the poo poo out of criminals because he's kind of an egomaniac, and the series is about people trying to figure out who he is so they can stop him. The main limitations are that you have to know the person's actual name, and what they look like. There are multiple Death Notes, because death spirits are all assholes who are only doing this because they're bored.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

Or maybe I have information about tonight that will make openly discussing night actions tomorrow A Really Bad Idea and that’s why I’m dancing around this poo poo and not expressing it as clear as I could.

In a mafia-like???? You don’t say....

O...kay? Even if it's a really bad idea, I'm not entirely sure what impact that has on us discussing the outline of what will be done tonight.

It certainly seems weird to go from that to "If people go to locations tonight they will get mugged and die".

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

It's not that I'm not sure about my Wincon (although again, pera game, I fully expect poo poo to evolve) as it is I maybe want to see how a night phase works / plays out before we all go splitting up all over the place? I think an approach of caution until we know if walking left is gonna put us in [DARK ALLEY] all by ourselves with [J.T. RIPPER] or whatever and that requires some more information about how this poo poo goes down mechanically. I just don't see the need to rush in to things without coordinating and planning a bit, and you're encourage we all start rushing about. It's weird.

This is the original post, and l still find it kind of confusing. You're saying we shouldn't rush in without planning and coordinating things, which is what Bif is doing, except you say they're encouraging us to "all start rushing about". And it's not like you were opposing it because it was Bif specifically who was taking charge, as you're more or less saying now?

I think it's important that we be mindful of the fact this game isn't actually Mafia. We don't have a lynch, but we do have a shitload of investigation. Analyzing people's posts and tone is more of a jumping off point for building a night-action-based case than it is the entirety of the case. We need to have proper evidence before we really make a move.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That's quite a bit faster than I expected, but if it gets things going, I'm not going to argue.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The Chief of Police has a message that he requested I pass along.

The Chief of Police posted:

Citizens of LA. I speak to you all today to address the threat that now faces us all: Crime.

I hate crime. And because I know somebody out there will make the joke, and that police have a certain reputation, I am not making a verb out of "Hate crime" to say that I commit hate crimes. No, I hate hate crime even more than I hate regular crime. And I hate regular crime a lot.

Kira is a criminal. He would have you believe otherwise, and there are those in the media who would support him in that, but it is, and it can only be, a lie. It does not matter that he claims to target criminals--to kill a man is murder, no matter what that man has done. It does not matter that he claims to punish those the law will not--we are a nation governed by the rule of law, and where the law is not just, it can, and should, be changed. It does not matter that he claims to act for the will of the people--he answers to no one but his his own desires.

The LAPD will work tirelessly to stop Kira, and bring him to justice, as well as he more common criminals of LA. but there are standards we must uphold. We cannot make an arrest based on wild claims and suppositions. The evidence must be there. If citizens wish to bring forward evidence leading to an arrest, they will be rewarded for their efforts. Thank you, and good night.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

GD, can you verify what you were doing last night?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Tobbs, I look forward to hearing your explanation for this one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

:stare:

Well, that's a thing alright. A moment of silence for the brave officers that Jasper got killed with his idiocy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Which is to say, the officers that I got killed. I'm sorry, everyone. I thought myself impartial, but in the end my own sentimentality got my entire department killed, just because I couldn't bring myself to arrest my own son first.

I know you're hearing this, Kira. Maybe not directly from me, but the word will reach you, I have no doubt. My name is out there, now, by my own choosing. I knew the consequences when I made my decision. I want you to know.... I'm tired. My family was taken from me, by Crime and by you. I've outlived too many people that I had hoped not to.

But there's still a spark in these old bones. If you want to kill me for my foolishness and for the sin of opposing you and your so-called justice that took Richard and Rosabella from me, so be it. I've lived too long anyways. But know that you will be exposed to the world for the criminal coward you really are. Until then, on whatever time I have left, I will find you. And I won't kill you. But I'll bring you to justice.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The only relevant result I have is that N2 I went to the Pool Hall and heard Chaoslord loudly talking about how cool it would be to have a death note and what he would do if he had one, and according to the PM I was left with no doubt that he is not Kira.

Really not sure how much I actually believe that!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Given that he's a honeypot member, that does make me think he isn't Kira. I'm pretty convinced that Tobbs is L, as well. Not a lot of people to choose from outside of that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Took a look at Jeabus last night at the Pool Hall; result said that he's a narc who tried to talk down the suicide bomber situation, but his loyalties are uncertain.

So... could be more helpful, all in all.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well, I can debunk the "GulagDolls is secretly alive" theory, so that's something at least. Not a great use of a night, but hey!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Did you get anything specific about who they were?

No, I just basically got told that I was crazy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

That's fair. Still, I don't think I'm going to delve further into it for the time being.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Anything to say for yourself about that, Chaoslord? Seems like a really nasty thing to do.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Everything I did was a horrible failure :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I enjoyed it, outside of aforementioned horrible failure (I am so sorry, LAPD. I wish one of you had survived instead of me).

• Locked thread