Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flerp is also a good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Asiina posted:

Hal, are you scum in this game?

im having the same feeling idk why :(

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

gif Probst posted:

flerp is also a good boy

god bless

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jamuraan is a fake punk rear end scum

##vote jamuraan

see everyone tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

im having the same feeling idk why :(

Probably because I’m actually trying to play mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Qpq's notes are textually incorrect. At best you could say he has an argument for why my case is bad, but not why it is scummy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i dont get scum vibes from hal. his response to my vote reads as legit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also gif that is the gambler's fallacy.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably because I’m actually trying to play mafia

probably

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

flerp, who do you want to vote for

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid
gif Probst (3): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza
QuoProQuid (1): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp, gif Probst
Jamuraan (1): gif Probst
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect, Tobbs Gnawed, Jamuraan
Tobbs Gnawed (0): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): flerp

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 20 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

jesus christ in heaven

##vote: gif Probst

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i will be legit mad if we no-lynch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:same:

I'm here and will be here for the 15 minutes if we need to switch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd rather get Somber, but if it's Gif or nothing... :shrug:

##vote gif probst

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

Final Votecount for Day 1

gif Probst (5): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza, QuoProQuid, PMush Perfect
Somberbrero (1): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid, PMush Perfect
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect, Tobbs Gnawed, Jamuraan

With 9 people left in the Room, it took 5 votes to expel someone.

Podima posted:

General Rules:
  • Standard Mafia Rules are in effect for this game. Don't be a dick. Specific addendums follow:
    • Don't post after hammer, and absolutely don't post after your death.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You push them out.
Were they the right choice?

Something blinks, and it's not you.
Gooseflesh prickles on your arms.

They are gone.
Forever.

gif Probst was expelled on Day 1.
You're still not safe.

You have 16 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Room goes dark, inky blackness shrouding your vision.
A reflection of your soul?

You can hear movement all around you, soft and furtive.
Is it the others, or something else?

Dim light returns, and there is one less.
Do you wish it was you instead?

PMush Perfect was erased on Night 1.
You're still not safe.

You have 36 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (7): Asiina, flerp, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid, Somberbrero, Tobbs Gnawed

With 7 people left in the Room, it takes 4 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 12th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 1 day, 12 hours.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I hope gif was scum. The way he checked out and threw a vote on Jam makes me think he was bad.

Knowing that PMush was town, her opinions on me and somber were genuine. That's still not much to go on, and I have a strong town read on Somber this game.

If gif was scum with QPQ he definitely wouldn't have dropped the hammer, so I have a hunch the rift between QPQ and Somber was just two towns going after each other.

Still, that all depends on gif being scum, which we don't know. I'm really hoping someone gets a solid night action result because without flips this game is a pain in the rear end to figure out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

After sleeping on it I feel better about QPQ and a little worse about Somber

I think we went the right way with gif though, in retrospect he seems even scummier

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sorry about last day, person came in for my session and couldnt get back until deadline

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i want to look back at the day and pmush (since hes the only person we kno is town) specifically, but im not too sure if gif was scum. tho i dont think im gonna think too hard on whether gif is scum or not and try to just focus on scumhunting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:ghost: Spooky. :ghost:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ignoring the shitposts its pmush going onto tobbs, then somb, and then hammering gif.

the thing that gives me pause is that it was kind of easy to lynch gif? i mean i went afk and i was p certain it was gonna be a no lynch because i hosed it but we still got gif lynched. this makes me think hes more likely to be town. regardless, i have not so good feelings about tobbs.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ignoring the shitposts its pmush going onto tobbs, then somb, and then hammering gif.

the thing that gives me pause is that it was kind of easy to lynch gif? i mean i went afk and i was p certain it was gonna be a no lynch because i hosed it but we still got gif lynched. this makes me think hes more likely to be town. regardless, i have not so good feelings about tobbs.

I dunno, it was down to the wire and we know that the player who hammered (Pmush) is town. The best chance of lynching scum is D1 with town outnumbering scum 7:2

If gif was town it's 5:2 so we'd need all but one town player to lynch scum since there's no way scum are going to vote each other out in a flipless game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How was it easy when votes were spread until 20 minutes before?

Podima posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid
gif Probst (3): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 20 minutes.

The votecount posted before that was 6 hours earlier when he wasn't even on it

Podima posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Hal Incandenza (2): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect
QuoProQuid (2): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp
Tobbs Gnawed (2): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): Asiina, flerp, QuoProQuid

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 6 hours.

So I mean I guess it happened pretty fast, but that could have been any of Hal, QPQ, Tobbs, or Somber being scum and that doesn't really narrow anything down.

I think it's more likely that Probst was scum and that the other scum is either one of the late joiners or didn't vote for him, so flerp, Jam, Somber, or maybe QPQ. Again though, that's too many names to really be too useful in a small game like this.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
maybe im just being self centered

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was looking back to see if maybe PMush was killed because scum suspected her of breadcrumbing something?

PMush Perfect posted:

Confirming neapolitan.

PMush Perfect posted:

Remember PMush? She's back, in pog form.

PMush Perfect posted:

You're tearing me apart, Lisa!

PMush Perfect posted:

How's your sex life?

It would be hidden amongst the early shitposts I think. I'm not seeing anything though, other than pog being pgo but there isn't a pgo in this game so :iiam: None of those make me go "yes this person was breadcrumbing jailer/backup/cop/doc/tracker"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm finding it very difficult to ascertain a useful motivation in killing pmush so i'm not going to think about it too hard.

honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy. i'm stuck for leads though. really i didn't even feel especially confident about qpq yesterday, it was just the only thing happening.

something about flerp continually castigating herself for not being around at deadline feels insincere. i mean, we dunked.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I hope gif was scum. The way he checked out and threw a vote on Jam makes me think he was bad.

Knowing that PMush was town, her opinions on me and somber were genuine. That's still not much to go on, and I have a strong town read on Somber this game.

If gif was scum with QPQ he definitely wouldn't have dropped the hammer, so I have a hunch the rift between QPQ and Somber was just two towns going after each other.

Still, that all depends on gif being scum, which we don't know. I'm really hoping someone gets a solid night action result because without flips this game is a pain in the rear end to figure out.

this post seems to imply that tobbs knows jam is good, which is knowledge only scum would possess.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
because i keep doing missing day 1 lynch in like every game i play and i always feel like a jerk but ill shut up about it

i think the pmush kill was probably the most "safe" because us knowing pmush is town doesnt really give us any info. like i looked thru their posts and i was like welp i got nothing from knowing theyre town

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

i'm finding it very difficult to ascertain a useful motivation in killing pmush so i'm not going to think about it too hard.

honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy. i'm stuck for leads though. really i didn't even feel especially confident about qpq yesterday, it was just the only thing happening.

something about flerp continually castigating herself for not being around at deadline feels insincere. i mean, we dunked.

this post seems to imply that tobbs knows jam is good, which is knowledge only scum would possess.

Lol I was actually just pointing out that it was a throwaway vote, since nobody was even looking at Jam, and gif's vote was the only one on him D1.

I feel like town tend to get a bit more heated/emotional if they're getting mislynched, giving up and peacing out is something I see more often with scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im not really sure why scum gif would vote for jam tho? like does he expect his driveby vote to sway people to go onto jam? and somb was at -2, why would scum gif not push somb unless somb was his scum bud? and also gif said that he wasnt able to post because of his job its not like he peaced out and gave up it just seemed he couldnt actually post.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Jam wasn't my first choice for the lynch yesterday. I got the sense that he was putting in token effort with his vote and then leaving to avoid doing any more which, at best, is a light scum tell.

The scum have a greater mathematical probability in winning if D1 is a no-lynch instead of a mislynch. I also don't get scum vibes from Asiina or Tobbs generally.

Still suspicious of Somber but I'm too lazy right now to check that read.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

reread. some thoughts. will eschew with the footnotes becuase i really dont feel like arguing.

flerp posted:

##unvote

flerp posted:

i realized qpq was at -2 and didnt feel comfortable w/ that

flerp posted:

im not really sure why scum gif would vote for jam tho? like does he expect his driveby vote to sway people to go onto jam? and somb was at -2, why would scum gif not push somb unless somb was his scum bud? and also gif said that he wasnt able to post because of his job its not like he peaced out and gave up it just seemed he couldnt actually post.

like these posts from flerp. logical. i get a strong pro-town read from him.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't like you serious posting and not voting.

And I like seeing how people behave under the spotlight, and how people interact.

Just because we don't get flips doesn't mean two people in the room didn't team up to become assholes.

commented on this before but forgot. kind of eeks me the wrong way. a serious post doesn't need to be preceded by a vote.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I actually feel better about Hal for putting out a solid opinion.

##unvote

sudden reversal on the previous post when questioned aboutby others

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

About all we have to work with is who defends who and who votes who.

The only way for someone to be confirmed town is for them to be night-killed.

And putting someone at -2 with only 3 players left to vote (flerp unvoted simultaneously) still requires 2 out of 3 undecided players to vote in order to hammer someone.

If two players had jumped in with a quick hammer you can just about guarantee one is scum.

reads like mafia-dading to me. bad vibes.

i think i was wrong about tobbs

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i'll lay down a vote

##vote: tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

i'll lay down a vote

##vote: tobbs

Compliments a player on having a reason to unvote someone.

Votes another player for doing the same thing.

Is opinion-faking scum player QPQ.

Also, how am I mafia-dading? I speculated on things that didn't happen, there's no way that can be interpreted as me telling another player how to play the game.

I think you came in, saw that flerp had a negative opinion of me, so you decided to buddy-up to him while faking a case. Nothing about your play this game feels genuine.

##vote QPQ

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, it was hardly a "sudden reversal in response to pressure". I felt better about Hal after he laid down a hard opinion, even though it was critical of me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I need to go read those quotes in context, but that doesn't look like a strong case from QPQ and I agree with Tobbs. I disagree with his original point that in a small game not all opinions should come with a vote, but I don't think it's inherently a scummy opinion or that Tobbs contradicted himself.

I'll look into it more closely tomorrow, but that case makes me feel iffy about QPQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I need to go read those quotes in context, but that doesn't look like a strong case from QPQ and I agree with Tobbs. I disagree with his original point that in a small game not all opinions should come with a vote, but I don't think it's inherently a scummy opinion or that Tobbs contradicted himself.

I'll look into it more closely tomorrow, but that case makes me feel iffy about QPQ.

That was my take on it too. Tobbs points in his response are all solid as well.

• Locked thread