Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Flerpppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Sequel will be called 2fast2flipless

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Confirming reading text with too much space gives me a headache.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I am ready to embrace my meta of drawing connections between unflipped players.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

this room loving sucks

:jerkbag:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

nice flavor fishing scum ##vote quoproquid

Aye laddie

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

This room is spooky. I am scared.

CCKeane isn't playing so at least there aren't any ghosts.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I never did an escape room.

That way I can pretend I would be good at it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm trying to remember my AIM screen name since it's dying in a couple months.

I think it was o0O88RACECAR88O0o

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mine was flerp

What did you change it to

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Everyone describe what you see in the room, we can do this!

Hmm that desk looks suspicious. And the drawer is locked! Maybe there's a key around here somewhere...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Hal

Bets are sacred. And so is symmetry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

##unvote

I was wondering what would happen to the joke votes after somber made a case.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

i realized qpq was at -2 and didnt feel comfortable w/ that

Yeah it's easy to forget we started with 9, a sneeze in one direction or another and someone dies.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is this a serious vote (which your next post implies)

I don’t like it one bit

I don't like you serious posting and not voting.

And I like seeing how people behave under the spotlight, and how people interact.

Just because we don't get flips doesn't mean two people in the room didn't team up to become assholes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
About all we have to work with is who defends who and who votes who.

The only way for someone to be confirmed town is for them to be night-killed.

And putting someone at -2 with only 3 players left to vote (flerp unvoted simultaneously) still requires 2 out of 3 undecided players to vote in order to hammer someone.

If two players had jumped in with a quick hammer you can just about guarantee one is scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I actually feel better about Hal for putting out a solid opinion.

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PMush Perfect posted:

These aren't reads or opinions, these are facts. Facts tell us nothing about your views, your opinions, or your alignment.

Nothing tells anyone anything about alignment except dying.

Maybe we'll get lucky and end the game before LYLO, but if not everyone needs to get opinions out there.

Hell, if there are three players alive and the game isn't over all we know is that one of the lynches hit scum and all the kills hit town.

I like somber, jam, and flerp for town. I feel like Hal and Asiina need to engage more though that seems to be happening as we approach deadline.

Somber's case is a little bit of a stretch but QPQ hasn't done too much to address it.

gif Probst posted:

somber isnt scum dummy

I don't know what this is, though. gif probst seems to still have a jokevote on QPQ, and the only players who know for sure who is town and who isn't are scum (even though I think somber is in fact playing his town game).

I get the feeling that PMush is pushing me to deflect off a scumbro, but honestly that's just my gut.

I think ##vote gif probst is the best vote for today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'll be checking in throughout the evening.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I hope gif was scum. The way he checked out and threw a vote on Jam makes me think he was bad.

Knowing that PMush was town, her opinions on me and somber were genuine. That's still not much to go on, and I have a strong town read on Somber this game.

If gif was scum with QPQ he definitely wouldn't have dropped the hammer, so I have a hunch the rift between QPQ and Somber was just two towns going after each other.

Still, that all depends on gif being scum, which we don't know. I'm really hoping someone gets a solid night action result because without flips this game is a pain in the rear end to figure out.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

ignoring the shitposts its pmush going onto tobbs, then somb, and then hammering gif.

the thing that gives me pause is that it was kind of easy to lynch gif? i mean i went afk and i was p certain it was gonna be a no lynch because i hosed it but we still got gif lynched. this makes me think hes more likely to be town. regardless, i have not so good feelings about tobbs.

I dunno, it was down to the wire and we know that the player who hammered (Pmush) is town. The best chance of lynching scum is D1 with town outnumbering scum 7:2

If gif was town it's 5:2 so we'd need all but one town player to lynch scum since there's no way scum are going to vote each other out in a flipless game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

i'm finding it very difficult to ascertain a useful motivation in killing pmush so i'm not going to think about it too hard.

honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy. i'm stuck for leads though. really i didn't even feel especially confident about qpq yesterday, it was just the only thing happening.

something about flerp continually castigating herself for not being around at deadline feels insincere. i mean, we dunked.

this post seems to imply that tobbs knows jam is good, which is knowledge only scum would possess.

Lol I was actually just pointing out that it was a throwaway vote, since nobody was even looking at Jam, and gif's vote was the only one on him D1.

I feel like town tend to get a bit more heated/emotional if they're getting mislynched, giving up and peacing out is something I see more often with scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

i'll lay down a vote

##vote: tobbs

Compliments a player on having a reason to unvote someone.

Votes another player for doing the same thing.

Is opinion-faking scum player QPQ.

Also, how am I mafia-dading? I speculated on things that didn't happen, there's no way that can be interpreted as me telling another player how to play the game.

I think you came in, saw that flerp had a negative opinion of me, so you decided to buddy-up to him while faking a case. Nothing about your play this game feels genuine.

##vote QPQ

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, it was hardly a "sudden reversal in response to pressure". I felt better about Hal after he laid down a hard opinion, even though it was critical of me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

asiina and jam have both neither posted. theres prob a lurky scum among us. its hard for scum
to post because they know a hell of a lot than us and its hard for them to post genuine confusion when they know the alignment of every flip.

Agree with this, though Asiina has at least checked in. Jamuraan hasn't posted the whole day. I really didn't like QPQ's case on me and expected him to either defend his initial assertions or recant them. I like QPQ most for scum because of this, though it's almost worse to not post at all (in the case of Jam).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Didn't we just play a game with Jam where he said he lurks because it tends not to bite him in the rear end? He was scum that game I think.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jamuraan posted:

I don't like Sombers post even a little bit.
Scum found, just waiting to find the teammate.

Jamuraan posted:

In my opinion, Somber came out of nowhere with that post, and then put someone to -2 (and the obvious frontrunner for a quick lynch train).

I find it incredibly opportunistic and also the lack of mention that it put QPQ at -2.

2 posts defending QPQ, who is looking scummy to me today.

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Somberbrero

Jamuraan posted:

Then it's probably one or the other. Choose wisely.

Gets Somber on the ballot, QPQ off of it, and is perfectly happy with either Somber or gif.

In a flipless game there's nothing wrong with a hard defense. But why defend another player so hard, especially when their play is scummy? That and Jam not posting at all today makes me think he and QPQ might be on a team together.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm comfortable with Jamuraan, but I definitely don't want an early hammer so I'm gonna hold off until the evening in case he comes in and posts something.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

So I read back through the exchange and QPQ completely left this post out, which is the one where Tobbs shares most of his opinions:

Instead he paints it as Tobbs has a sudden flip in his reasoning with Hal, which I don't read at all, and then is mafia-dadding which is only scummy when that's the only thing someone is doing instead of providing actual reads. Saying "hey small games/flipless games kinda lead to weird dynamics" is not a scummy thing as long as you are providing reads alongside it.

This feels like a manufactured case to me. Also as a secondary point, I think Probst was scum and QPQ jumping on the bandwagon late feels suspicious to me. That's definitely not my main reason for voting him, but it's still a reason.

##vote QPQ

I don't know about QPQ bandwagoning being scummy, in a flipless game there is no such thing as town cred. If you're right and we lynch QPQ and the game ends though I'll feel pretty damned good about myself.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Yeah, that's fair. I guess to prevent a no lynch? I'd have to look and see where his vote was before and when it moved.

It's not really the main reason I'm voting him though.

Ok that makes sense. No-lynching in a flipless game would be a terrible idea so if someone refused to vote it would look extremely scummy.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's a fine response, I expected something earlier than 90 minutes to deadline but I understand that people are busy.

Do you have any reads? Am I still your biggest scum read?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I still think coming out of the gate with what I felt was a dishonest case is pretty scummy, but if you genuinely missed some of my posts it's understandable.

Jam on the other hand has come in and commented, but he hasn't really said anything to make me feel better about him. Is he avoiding giving reads or as Asiina thinks, has he already given up and doesn't have the energy to fabricate them? Either way I think we've caught scum today.

##vote Jamuraan

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Phone posting so no previews to see what I'm missing, but yeah, still comfortable with Jam.

Somber is one player who came out with reads/cases early which can make you a target, but he did it anyways.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

I am interested in a possible Adiina-Jam scum team. I don't have a case rn, so much as a gut feeling.

Her last post of the day struck me as someone cutting a buddy loose after losing the chance for salvation.

I see what you're saying, Asiina does put up a soft defense of him. If they were actually scumbros, though, I'd have expected her to push harder against you or Somber.

I really think one of gif and Jam was scum, but we also need to consider the possibility that we mislynched both days and this is LYLO. The one thing bothering me is that neither gif nor Jam tried to fakeclaim anything. It's why I'm leaning more towards gif having been scum, as he left at -2 with this post.

gif Probst posted:

Jamuraan is a fake punk rear end scum

##vote jamuraan

see everyone tomorrow

He seemed really confident that he wasn't going to be the lynch, which could be because he had a scumbro backing him up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

QuoProQuid posted:

I suppose that question goes to everyone. Do you think we are at LYLO and, if not, who do you think is more likely yo be scum?

I honestly have no clue but I think we need to play like we are at LYLO regardless.

I think you're probably scum. You dodged lynches D1 and D2 despite behaving in a way scummy enough to get you votes.

I don't recall Somber engaging as much D2 as he did D1, it could be that people saying they had town reads on him (myself included) made him feel safe enough to lower his engagement.

flerp reads the most town to me, and Asiina sits below you and Somber.

People really need to get in here and post, because if this is LYLO all three town players need a consensus on who is scum. If it's not, yeah we can afford one more mistake but I'm not comfortable making that assumption.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Somberbrero posted:

##vote qpq sorry man

I think we've got it right today.

##vote qpq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy