Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a fine response, I expected something earlier than 90 minutes to deadline but I understand that people are busy.

Do you have any reads? Am I still your biggest scum read?

Yeah, that is my bad. I am generally better at keeping up to date with information and responding regularly to the thread.

I really did think I had found something when I made my post on you, but I was tired and Asiina's already pointed out that I really have nothing and excluded a fairly significant piece of evidence. (1). I'm not confident in that read anymore.

The only person whom I have any suspicions of is Somber, for reasons previously articulated D1. "honestly i'm a little puzzled that i wasn't hammered and that gif went so easy" strikes me as a little too self-aware (2), but he hasn't really done anything else that I see as suspicious.

I have a fairly good pro-town read on flerp. I still feel good about Asiina but less so. I probably wouldn't vote for her today unless it was necessary to secure a lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Re: Asiina. I felt good about her up until these two posts:

Asiina posted:

I don't really have anything to say about Jam. He came in very strong which I don't necessarily see as scummy because jumpstarting a game is a skill I always appreciate and I lack. The fact that he hasn't posted at all today is definitely bad and I would vote him for it, but that feels like a real shot in the dark.

I'd rather keep my vote on QPQ since I think there's an actual case there.

Asiina posted:

They're referencing this from the discussion thread:

It strikes me as an odd defense of a lurker.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i'll hammer in 5 unless anyone has anything further to add

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I can hammer Jam. There's still a little bit of time and I still like QPQ better, but if others aren't willing to move, then I'm fine with that.

I'm feeling better about him a little now that he's actually returned, but it took a lot of pressure to get him to produce those reads.

I'm not sure how you interpret my reads as being the result of "a lot of pressure."

I came back into the thread. Someone asked me my reads. I posted them.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

im dumb

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

i'll hammer in 5 unless anyone has anything further to add

as promised

##vote: Jam

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I am interested in a possible Adiina-Jam scum team. I don't have a case rn, so much as a gut feeling.

Her last post of the day struck me as someone cutting a buddy loose after losing the chance for salvation.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I don't think this is true, but just in case it is yeah nobody should be throwing votes around today.

Can you clarify? You seem to be saying that you don't think it is LYLO, but also that Jam is more likely to be town than scum.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Why are you more confident about Probst than Jam?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I'm sorry. I think I could have phrased that better.

I suppose I am wondering what made the case against Probst particularly good. It read to me like a D1 case against a lurker.

Not terrible, but not a hugely substantive case that I would hang my hat on with a bet that we aren't at LYLO.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I suppose that question goes to everyone. Do you think we are at LYLO and, if not, who do you think is more likely yo be scum?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

I really think QPQ was scum with Probst. If I had to give a second choice it would be Somber but really at this point it's process of elimination since both Tobbs and flerp are reading town to me.

Maybe I missed it (phone posting), but what about our interactions lead you to this?

Or have you found both independently scummy?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I honestly have no clue but I think we need to play like we are at LYLO regardless.

I think you're probably scum. You dodged lynches D1 and D2 despite behaving in a way scummy enough to get you votes.

I don't recall Somber engaging as much D2 as he did D1, it could be that people saying they had town reads on him (myself included) made him feel safe enough to lower his engagement.

flerp reads the most town to me, and Asiina sits below you and Somber.

People really need to get in here and post, because if this is LYLO all three town players need a consensus on who is scum. If it's not, yeah we can afford one more mistake but I'm not comfortable making that assumption.

I think I agree with everyone that the best way to play today is to assume LYLO. Still, I'm more convinced of a reality where Probst was scum than the alternative and am struggling to think of two living players that make sense as scum together.

Would like to hear more from Somber.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

Both independent because in a flipless game basing reads off connections to others is bad. That said I was reading back and you made a really poorly justified vote on Somber when Probst was gaining momentum, so that could have been trying to save him. I'm not basing my case on that but you two being scum together is not an incompatible option.

I'm busy the rest of the morning but will be back mid afternoon.

Why would scum flip to a vote against their partner at -2 with less than 20 minutes remaining?

Podima posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, QuoProQuid
gif Probst (3): Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Incandenza
QuoProQuid (1): flerp, gif Probst, Somberbrero, flerp, gif Probst
Jamuraan (1): gif Probst
Hal Incandenza (0): PMush Perfect, Jamuraan, Tobbs Gnawed, PMush Perfect, Tobbs Gnawed, Jamuraan
Tobbs Gnawed (0): PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza, PMush Perfect, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): flerp

With 9 people left in the Room, it takes 5 votes to expel someone. The current deadline is October 10th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- your time runs out in 20 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

If you think I'm scummy on my own merits, fine. However, arguing that "you two [probst and QPQ] being scum together is not an incompatible option" requires either a bizarro gambit that makes it harder for scum to actually win.

Probst's death was not an inevitable outcome. You seem focused on the certainty of his guilt at the exclusion of other alternative hypotheses.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Somberbrero posted:

my #1 lynch pick is qpq, my #2 is asiina. can i get similar reads from those who haven't voiced their secondary picks?

1.) Asiina
2.) Somber

The second pick seems increasingly unlikely to me. I can accept if people want to lynch me, but Asiina should be targeted tomorrow (unless I am completely off-base with my understanding of the game and we are actually at LYLO)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

drat.

very well done

kind of wish i hadnt played such a trash game on d2.

• Locked thread