Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

apseudonym posted:

What's the difference between the various AC guilds? Seems like most the folks are in AC or 42069

Also is there anyone who wouldn't mind me pming them ingame sometime with some :shobon: as hell questions

message banned4bigpp on discord I’m only a few months in but feel like I generally understand the games mechanics and I’m happy to help offer some “wtf do I do as noob in arch” advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifefan
Nov 5, 2008
JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX
Applied to EQMS 250k as "Kzbx"

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
I'm still grinding in starting area but wanted to know if anyone has an updated discord link, the one in OP comes up as invalid for me.

Gluttony got me sorted out, thank you.

unoplank fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 27, 2020

menpoop
Jul 29, 2004

Girls aren't the only ones who take dumps, you know...
Applied to 42069 as BulkSeason

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

apseudonym posted:

What's the difference between the various AC guilds? Seems like most the folks are in AC or 42069

Also is there anyone who wouldn't mind me pming them ingame sometime with some :shobon: as hell questions

AC and 42069 are the SA guilds. 42069 and awfu are the overflow guilds for the main AC one. All the other arch guilds are just pubbie guilds in the game that joined the alliance.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

RainMaker posted:

AC and 42069 are the SA guilds. 42069 and awfu are the overflow guilds for the main AC one. All the other arch guilds are just pubbie guilds in the game that joined the alliance.

Any difference between the overflows? I see a bunch of people in 42069 but not eqms

Weskejak
Dec 18, 2007
Vice Nemisis
Applied to 42069 as weskejak

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Apped to 42069 IGN Roydes

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im probably doing something wrong XD

I cant figure out the discord link, some people posting oh silly me! after figuring it out. Still have no clue how to get on there.

Discord link on page 1 broken for me, skimmed the last 5 pages for a link, nada.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Aster0ids posted:

Im probably doing something wrong XD

I cant figure out the discord link, some people posting oh silly me! after figuring it out. Still have no clue how to get on there.

Discord link on page 1 broken for me, skimmed the last 5 pages for a link, nada.

No idea if this will work cause I neither own nor administer the discord but it let me create a link to the recruitment channel - https://discord.gg/8AgXkk

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Trip report:

Been in the blackzone for a week ganking with Arch and its been a blast, up to 2.5m pvp fame and 6m mob fame doing swords. Still havent managed to actually do a group dungeon but otherwise good times

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I installed the game and I’m planning to apply tomorrow once I get familiar with wth is going on. What’s the story with discord as the invites I’ve seen don’t seem to work?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kaaj posted:

I installed the game and I’m planning to apply tomorrow once I get familiar with wth is going on. What’s the story with discord as the invites I’ve seen don’t seem to work?

I used the link in the guild info and that worked

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Good tip, seems like https://discord.com/invite/rc5VJW7 worked

^ worth updating the op with it.

edit: on a unrelated note, are there any tips about positioning your island? I'm so far in Thetford and I read that moving the island is a bit of a hassle, so don't want to do it wrong, I guess.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kaaj posted:

edit: on a unrelated note, are there any tips about positioning your island? I'm so far in Thetford and I read that moving the island is a bit of a hassle, so don't want to do it wrong, I guess.

Arch is out of martlock so probably there (I've barely used my island though tbh). If you move it you only lose the money you spend upgrading it

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

apseudonym posted:

Trip report:

Been in the blackzone for a week ganking with Arch and its been a blast, up to 2.5m pvp fame and 6m mob fame doing swords. Still havent managed to actually do a group dungeon but otherwise good times

A true goon success story -- youre a good ganker, glad to have you gayin/playin with us.

kaaj posted:

OP updated.... ehhh where your island doesnt matter so much, if possible put it in Martlock as thats where we are but if its in thetford, no biggie.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im having a blast playing this game, i get vibes like the first time i played EQ or eve online, dont get that often.

I gasped when i realized this is the map, not the starter continent, which i thought was the whole game https://www.albiononline2d.com/en/map

Question, i see in discord these mandatory zvz roams, i went there for the first time yesterday at the Red Tree hideout. Im still working my way to the zvz templates, am i excluded from that mandatoryness till i can wear the templates and replace them or should i stay in the safe zones till then? Because its faster to xp in the black zones and get coin.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Aster0ids posted:

Im having a blast playing this game, i get vibes like the first time i played EQ or eve online, dont get that often.

I gasped when i realized this is the map, not the starter continent, which i thought was the whole game https://www.albiononline2d.com/en/map

Question, i see in discord these mandatory zvz roams, i went there for the first time yesterday at the Red Tree hideout. Im still working my way to the zvz templates, am i excluded from that mandatoryness till i can wear the templates and replace them or should i stay in the safe zones till then? Because its faster to xp in the black zones and get coin.

For zvz, if you are under 1100ip in a given set you will want to stick to a support role - check out the healer and zvz locus builds/templates. If people give you poo poo, but you have the correct build, point out the fact that you’re brand new and tell them to eat your rear end. People get weird about this, but it’s well meant due to the way the debuff mechanic works (more allies in a zone gives you a flat decrease to damage/healing), so a brand new dude in low tier gear is a net negative if they are using a pure dps build. Personally I find locus more fun than healing, the utility of your weapon doesn’t really scale with IP, so you get the benefit (huge fuckoff aoe purge) even with very low skills.

For brand new dudes gank roams are definitely the most fun content though, and you can make stupid good money if you manage to loot any kills. These are way less gear intensive, and it’s more important that you have items good for catching and dismounting people (so they can get smashed by your 20+ man party) than it is that that gear is high level/ip

We have a pretty constant homeland defense party going in NA TZ - keep an eye out in alliance for people x’ing up for gank. If you see a bunch of people in the redtree defense channel in discord you can also pop in and ask what’s going on. I think there’s a gank builds channel on discord as well.

I really enjoy playing double bladed staff in gank, which has a ton of stun and mobility. Combine this with guardian armor + fiend cowl (invis reveal and purge, great for nuking enemies boots/defensive skills and loving over demon boot / undead cape fuccbois) and you will be securing kills like a boss in no time

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 3, 2020

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Just applied to 42069 under the in game name TorranceTorrance, haven't played since the release.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

A true goon success story -- youre a good ganker, glad to have you gayin/playin with us.

Main thing I still dont have a handle on is how to get into group ff or do solo dungeons without getting dove anywhere near redtree :smith:

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

causticBeet posted:

I really enjoy playing double bladed staff in gank, which has a ton of stun and mobility. Combine this with guardian armor + fiend cowl (invis reveal and purge, great for nuking enemies boots/defensive skills and loving over demon boot / undead cape fuccbois) and you will be securing kills like a boss in no time

Im leveling most weapons to 4 to get a feel for what i want. I scouted black zones 2-3 times, i should head there soon and settle, thx for tips.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 20, 2020

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I think that I accidentally applied to two guilds: chats here suggest EQMS 250k, description of the alliance mentions 42069 one.

Char name is Muurn

kaaj fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 5, 2020

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I just applied, in game name is the same as here.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
AO Founder who hasn’t played in years here. Was part of SA during alpha/beta/shortly after full release. I don’t know what the gently caress now, but I just got a new gaming laptop and have downloaded AO.

Where the gently caress? (are we located?)
Who the gently caress? (allies and enemies)
What the gently caress? (is this game any good now?)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Big patch popping today basically introducing EVE wormholes to Albion...

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

And dark souls style solo dungeons. Pretty fun content patch all around.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I found my autumn/winter game for sure, had some fun roaming black zones with the Arch crew yesterday. Cant wait to be unnewbified some more and mess around with the roads of avalon

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Had a poo poo ton of fun roaming the roads last night with the AC krew. My only complaint is there are so many of the 2 man portals, but there seems to be enough of the 7 man portals that you can reasonably run that group size. Lots of cool small scale PVP engagements, and actually fun gathering content. Can definitely see these continuing to be a fun way to balance out some of the mass zvz and gank content.

While roads are missing some of the key mechanics that made EVE Wormholes what they were, there’s enough there to make them super fun content.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Applied to EQMS 250k as Niedar

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
Applied to 42069 with character Modi

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Applied as to 42069 as SexPower

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
as an albion hater, this update is insane

there are so many exploits rn regarding the wormholes, it's pretty incredible

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020
My game just keeps saying “Patched Windows boot loader detected” after trying to initialise the anticheat. It only does it with Albion, and I have a fully legit Windows machine on the latest version. Anyone have any clues? Nothing anywhere else online is helpful.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
it does the same thing for me when i launched my patched operating system to cheat on albion without running the cheat first

welcome to anticheats

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020
Well, looks like I’m poo poo out of luck for Albion until this is fixed I guess.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ghosty posted:

My game just keeps saying “Patched Windows boot loader detected” after trying to initialise the anticheat. It only does it with Albion, and I have a fully legit Windows machine on the latest version. Anyone have any clues? Nothing anywhere else online is helpful.

Did you try emailing Albion Support/posting on forums? I'm sure you did but just in case...

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Are people actually having fun with this finally? I played during beta but haven't been back since.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003

Verbose posted:

Are people actually having fun with this finally? I played during beta but haven't been back since.

I also played beta for like 1 hr and quit.

Started again a week ago. I’ve dumped $200 since on in game currency and been playing 2-4 hours a day pvping and pvping with the alliance in the black zones (spooky end game full pvp territory war areas).

It’s pretty fun. It’s like a mishmash of a bunch of different games. League of legendsish combat controls, Diabloesque pve/dungeons, eve online economy and travel (and pvp) vibes, all painted over an ultima online base canvass.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Game is fun as hell. The above description is pretty accurate - it reminds me a lot of a young eve online that’s actually fun to play with regards to actually doing poo poo with your character.

Some of the recent changes to PVE dungeon mechanics make it easier than ever to get started + fast track to having useful skill levels, so anyone on the fence should definitely check it out. The game is currently in between seasons so it’s a nice downtime to pick poo poo up and learn before the next turbo-war inevitably kicks off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

retpocileh posted:

I also played beta for like 1 hr and quit.

Started again a week ago. I’ve dumped $200 since on in game currency and been playing 2-4 hours a day pvping and pvping with the alliance in the black zones (spooky end game full pvp territory war areas).

It’s pretty fun. It’s like a mishmash of a bunch of different games. League of legendsish combat controls, Diabloesque pve/dungeons, eve online economy and travel (and pvp) vibes, all painted over an ultima online base canvass.

causticBeet posted:

Game is fun as hell. The above description is pretty accurate - it reminds me a lot of a young eve online that’s actually fun to play with regards to actually doing poo poo with your character.

Some of the recent changes to PVE dungeon mechanics make it easier than ever to get started + fast track to having useful skill levels, so anyone on the fence should definitely check it out. The game is currently in between seasons so it’s a nice downtime to pick poo poo up and learn before the next turbo-war inevitably kicks off.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying playing with us -- the game is really fun and drastically different from how it was at launch(where it was not so fun)... hopefully more goons can give it another shot and get out there ganking/ZVZing with us.