Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Reinstalled mumble just cause and the AC server is still in my saved servers.

What happened to awfulcompany.org? Was it taken down because of the discord move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FormerFatty posted:

Did you try emailing Albion Support/posting on forums? I'm sure you did but just in case...

it's an easy anti-cheat issue, Albion has no control over it

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

FormerFatty posted:

Did you try emailing Albion Support/posting on forums? I'm sure you did but just in case...

Last three times I tried to email them they were absolutely worse than useless so I didn’t bother. I did fix the problem though, I downgraded my Windows version and then updated it again. I knew from the error message that Windows validity was the problem, and updating again must have fixed some licence error or whatever.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so we developed a packet sniffer that plotted every single road system that any of our members go into, and it was automatically uploaded into a database we could all reference. we could plot routes, visually map paths, and find every single possible route to a potential hole for maximum movement of zergs.

SBI decided that it isn't allowed "because it provides an in-game advantage" despite every other form of packet sniffer being fine, and other contemporary tools that effectively do the same thing without the packet sniffer being greenlit. SBI clearly has a hate boner for our group, and refuse to clarify why our tool is bad, what we could do to change it, why the other tools are good, or even talk to us at all.

So what did we do? We seeded every single road system (give or take a dozen) with a throwaway alt the last 2-3 days, and wrote a script that automatically logs them on once a connection in that wormhole dies (if it's the only one) or every 12 hours, and we have all of the roads indefinitely mapped out. Even if the alts die (which is actually preferable), you can still log them in dead and grab the zones' info. This is also incredibly powerful as the packet sniffer also detects the presence of hideouts, its status, its ownership, and especially important, if it's being constructed. For example, for a zone with an 0300-0700 timer, we rotate all the seeded holes for that timeslot at 0710 so we know any time anyone in the entire game puts up a citadel in the new road zones. We also closed down access to the tool to everyone outside of our group (or those that paid out to our patreon). The funny thing is, it's impossible to actually detect our packet sniffer, and running a webpage that gives you the information is likewise undetectable.

The longest distance from any two points (right now) is six jumps, and the average is 4, excluding city zones, tutorial zones, and those 'crossing' zones.

tl;dr SBI is a totally incompetent and stupid company, and we already have a work around if they completely change the way packets can be read, so even if they fix that they can't fix a screen reader.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 22, 2020

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I'm the giant wobbly torpedo tits

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
SA still not dead wtf

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

You guys wrote a code to do what ants do with pheromone trails? how could anyone be upset at that?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SBI's official stance as of now:

finding the optimal path via a third party program is an advantage, which is not allowed.

but discord, which is also a third party program that provides an advantage, is fine.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
tfw you rip off wormholes but forget to add the defining features that made wormholes interesting, then ban the tools that people used to make it possible to actually live in wormholes

They’re fun as hell for daytripping, but until they add rolling and mapping there’s literally no reason to live in the roads

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
For the packet sniffing and running multiple alts, make sure you’re not running the same game client for the alts as your normal account, along with not sharing the IP or ideally even OS or things like MAC of your network card. Not sure what level of diagnostic data they send but they may use that to correlate alts with your main account.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

causticBeet posted:

tfw you rip off wormholes but forget to add the defining features that made wormholes interesting, then ban the tools that people used to make it possible to actually live in wormholes

They’re fun as hell for daytripping, but until they add rolling and mapping there’s literally no reason to live in the roads

I never played EVE but does it have built in mapping of their avalonian roads equivalent?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

kaaj posted:

For the packet sniffing and running multiple alts, make sure you’re not running the same game client for the alts as your normal account, along with not sharing the IP or ideally even OS or things like MAC of your network card. Not sure what level of diagnostic data they send but they may use that to correlate alts with your main account.

yeah we know exactly how to circumvent it, and replacing the alts is actually jokingly easy- there is a glitch that lets you skip the tutorial on your first playthrough, you can immediately /suicide to a main city, and you're always within 0-8 jumps of a new hole

the vast majority of wormholes are within 3 jumps (given that you can teleport between cities freely) and you can run 3-4 alts at the same time.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

FormerFatty posted:

I never played EVE but does it have built in mapping of their avalonian roads equivalent?

Not built in, but there were a few different web apps that you’d log into with your eve credentials and it would map any connection you jumped through into a shared map as well as show the current location of anyone else in your group.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 23, 2020

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Again so glad i found this game, out of the blue bam actually fun MMO, new expansion just as i was starting out.

So where i am now is having finally done a proper zvz build (dual swords) pushed to 1100 IP. I made a ton of newb money scouting, got 3 months premium paid.

So now id like to work on a 2nd build, to get into R3 dungeons / roads. Does anyone have tips on what kind of builds i could start working on, that might use what i already grinded for my dual sword build? (Knight helm, scholar shoes, soldier armor). Ideally something i could also use in zvz/ganking but im also ok with a strictly pve build if thats how it is.

Edit: Just remembered someone told me what people usually do is push something to 100, then drop fame into other builds. Should i do that?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Aster0ids posted:

Again so glad i found this game, out of the blue bam actually fun MMO, new expansion just as i was starting out.

So where i am now is having finally done a proper zvz build (dual swords) pushed to 1100 IP. I made a ton of newb money scouting, got 3 months premium paid.

So now id like to work on a 2nd build, to get into R3 dungeons / roads. Does anyone have tips on what kind of builds i could start working on, that might use what i already grinded for my dual sword build? (Knight helm, scholar shoes, soldier armor). Ideally something i could also use in zvz/ganking but im also ok with a strictly pve build if thats how it is.

Edit: Just remembered someone told me what people usually do is push something to 100, then drop fame into other builds. Should i do that?

First -- thank for building the bread and butter ARCH melee rush build... <3

I think what people do is get a fame build up to 100 and then build fame credits and use those to pump into a more ZVZ but I havent done much PVE -- as for a gank set, you dont need much fame in your gank weapon (claws/double bladed staff/1h frost) since it will be mostly 20v1 fights where the most important thing is what you spam on their body as you loot them :)

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Verbose posted:

Are people actually having fun with this finally? I played during beta but haven't been back since.

I'm loving it at the moment. Part of it is the sandbox full-loot pvp since I come from EVE and the other part is Arch being a pretty chill organisation that fits my play style. It seems that everyone that matters aren't tryhards and are fun to hang around with. ZvZs are a serious affair but I like moments of discipline among the funny stuff. I've been chilling in the red tree defense channel and it seems to have a fun community going on which I like. I've been watching albion videos and found some with this guy called derrick and I think I wouldn't have bothered carrying on if I encountered that sort of behaviour right at the beginning so I've lucked out with joining arch.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

FormerFatty posted:

First -- thank for building the bread and butter ARCH melee rush build... <3

I think what people do is get a fame build up to 100 and then build fame credits and use those to pump into a more ZVZ but I havent done much PVE -- as for a gank set, you dont need much fame in your gank weapon (claws/double bladed staff/1h frost) since it will be mostly 20v1 fights where the most important thing is what you spam on their body as you loot them :)

Im still not sure if i should grind dual swords first though? If anyone can guide me a bit. It seems to be a long road since now at 50 skill its already 20 learning points to skip 1 level. Even with premium that looks like a long grind to get that solo to 100 (because duals isnt a dungeon build thats accepted, as i understand)

Also, if its dual i push to 100, am i going to be able to farm fame through pvp enough to build another build with it?

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 6, 2020

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Aster0ids posted:

Im still not sure if i should grind dual swords first though? If anyone can guide me a bit. It seems to be a long road since now at 50 skill its already 20 learning points to skip 1 level. Even with premium that looks like a long grind to get that solo to 100 (because duals isnt a dungeon build thats accepted, as i understand)

Also, if its dual i push to 100, am i going to be able to farm fame through pvp enough to build another build with it?

Hey swords bro, your posts read like mine. I only started two months ago, same name in game.

I close to 100 dual swords now, and 30ish in most the other swords as I play around with them. Clarent feels nice for FF and I've enjoyed it the few times I took in zvz.

The only problem I ran into ffing swords first is you will not get in any ff groups in arch, unless you're already friends and they take pity on your carving (I have done all of 3 group dungeons as a result). I just run a couple 8 maps from time to time though, usually in my zvz stuff, but mostly I've been doing roads with folks and fighting.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
How's Avalon?? I miss Gluttony.

Congobongo
Feb 6, 2004
i break for dinosaurs

Smellrose
applied to 42069 as BIGCUMENERGY

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
applied to 42069 as yeehowdyall

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

does korn still have a job?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vermeul posted:

How's Avalon?? I miss Gluttony.

Miss you too bro -- moreso than avalon, the game is as good as its ever been now due to such a massive population playing the game(more than ever in Albions 3 years). The roads are good for small scale stuff (7 or less people).... but I like playing with as many other gaybois as possible so its not really my thing.

Congobongo
Feb 6, 2004
i break for dinosaurs

Smellrose
Who should I PM to get a follow-up on my 42069 app?

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Edit: Got in. Thanks!

Boar It fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 18, 2020

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Applied to 42069 as Logicon

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Yo -- if you guys are brand new, start applying in game to Awful Company EQMS 250k .... the 42069 guild is full and we need space for more goons ready to bop.

p.s.

if you applied to 42069 and havent gotten in, reapply to the 250k guild (dont worry, all guilds have same access to everything).

Congobongo
Feb 6, 2004
i break for dinosaurs

Smellrose

FormerFatty posted:

Yo -- if you guys are brand new, start applying in game to Awful Company EQMS 250k .... the 42069 guild is full and we need space for more goons ready to bop.

p.s.

if you applied to 42069 and havent gotten in, reapply to the 250k guild (dont worry, all guilds have same access to everything).

Ah, found out I had to search through the season rankings to find this. There's no search function within the guild tab. I've reapplied

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Congobongo posted:

Ah, found out I had to search through the season rankings to find this. There's no search function within the guild tab. I've reapplied

Yea -- it's pretty trash that you cant just search directly... using the season rankings is the best(only) way.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

How big are the tier differences in gear? If a small group of T4 guys fights a single guy in T8 stuff (in pvp) will the T8 guy just easily wipe everyone no problem or does the T4 group have a chance?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I think it would depend a lot on the matchup. Does the small group have purges, CC, heals etc? You’ll have a pretty decent advantage in high tier gear, but if the 4.1 dudes have a good comp and use skills competently they should probably smack. People die in Redtree in high IP PVE sets all day long.

Congobongo
Feb 6, 2004
i break for dinosaurs

Smellrose
Sorry if this has been covered already in the thread. For someone new to make it out to Redtree where all the ZvZ stuff is happening, do I need to bring all my gear out? I have the fallen staff build up to 1100, but will I also need some FF gear with me as well?

I was bound in Bridgewater, do I have to wait 7 days before I can bind out in the ARCH base?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

causticBeet posted:

I think it would depend a lot on the matchup. Does the small group have purges, CC, heals etc? You’ll have a pretty decent advantage in high tier gear, but if the 4.1 dudes have a good comp and use skills competently they should probably smack. People die in Redtree in high IP PVE sets all day long.

Good to know, thanks!

Will gathering gear help me level up gathering faster as well? Or does it just increase the yields?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Congobongo posted:

Sorry if this has been covered already in the thread. For someone new to make it out to Redtree where all the ZvZ stuff is happening, do I need to bring all my gear out? I have the fallen staff build up to 1100, but will I also need some FF gear with me as well?

I was bound in Bridgewater, do I have to wait 7 days before I can bind out in the ARCH base?

The best way to get stuff out there is either to bring it out a few sets at a time solo (going from martlock, to mudfoot sump, to windgrass terrace, to greenhollow copse, to gravemound slope, to gravemound hills, to longfen arms, to redtree -- this path has hideouts all along the way) OR to wait for an official caravan which usually runs a few times a day from Martlock to Redtree.

If youre in bridgewatch -- you can wait 7 days to switch to martlock or just run from bridgewatch to martlock and relock manually (its not far).

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
reset day is in 2 days, come join the goony fun and laugh at the biggest grognards in the game as we swarm them 20v1 then do gay rp over thier bodies.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
unironic gay rp is the arch way

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which factions are arch's main enemies? wanna guildhop and clear out some banks before i officially join awful company

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Hey sent an invite last night for Awful Company EQMS 250k. Making this post for getting Authed.

Also, I leveled my island to 6 in Lymhurst. Did I make a mistake or can I just transfer it's home place?

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
sent a request to join Awful Company EQMS 250k as "dumbasscomet", totally new and have no clue but i like tears. tried to join the advertised discord in the guild info but says invite expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

Stunt_enby posted:

which factions are arch's main enemies? wanna guildhop and clear out some banks before i officially join awful company

Its easier to say which isn't... the sperglords of the game HATE arch for being newb friendly while also (sometimes) wrecking their poo poo and then taunting them about it

flick3r posted:

sent a request to join Awful Company EQMS 250k as "dumbasscomet", totally new and have no clue but i like tears. tried to join the advertised discord in the guild info but says invite expired.

https://discord.gg/AuJ7fR
https://discord.gg/DqW2Bpy