Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
CHAT / VOICE HERE: https://discord.gg/archGayy
Msg: GluttonySDS, RombieEQMS, or JasonEQMS to get authed on discord. Also post in the thread you want to be authed for goonification purposes

ADD ME ON DISCORD: GluttonySDS#0952

If you are new to Albion and have not signed up use this referral code so we get extra spacebux.
https://albiononline.com/?ref=7FNMXB1LGZ

When you get in game, apply to the guild: "Awful Company42069" and you will be accepted <3 -- then head to discord and type !register <in game name> for perms <3 If you get a mail from any recruiter -- feel free to let them know "i am a goon and gluttony is fat/gay"

Albion Online is essentially Ultima Online(full loot/full PVP/sandbox world/scumbag players) meets League of Legends/HOTS(moba mechanics for PVP) making for an open world MMOba type world where the only rule is "Gank or Be Ganked".

Yep, so it's a full loot sandbox PvP game. Be prepared to lose your $100 mount in the first 10 minutes because you're bad. You don't need to do territory warfare if you don't want. With the changes to Caerleon most of what was the case can now be thrown out the window.

The game however isnt all PVP -- in fact the non PVPers in this game (gathers/crafters) play an EQUAL role in terms of determining the success of your guild/alliance. All items in this game ARE player crafted meaning every sword, shield, plate armor piece, mage staff, etc. is made by other players. In addition, Albion has localized marketplace system making their economy robust and very similar to that of Eve's.... i.e. the way to get super rich is to play the market #whiteCollarCoinz

Carleon is the main city in the game -- it is also the only way to get to the black zones: the end game areas with 100% full loot/pvp and the best resources/dungeon spots in the game. We base all of our operations out of Carleon as we spend 95% of our time Mercia(the black zone land with the best loots in the game).

The Goon Guild is called: Awful Company -- we have become a "top guild" in terms of all the lovely pubby metrics and have also become a top guild in terms of raking in pubbie tears. Who knew ganking 'tryhards elitists' with a bunch of newbs could produce so many angry people?!?!

We also run one of the top alliances in the game with a lot of euros and other scum amerikkkans who are down to gank and drink tears along with us(in other languages):

[url]https:// discord.gg/archGay[/url]

I will add more info to this OP later with some basic guides on how to play the game and how to get started and how to best help out the guild/alliance smash more enemies; but for now if you get into the game you should do the following:

1. Link up with the goon guild on discord: http://discord.gg/archGayy -- post here and PM gluttonySDS or trevor for auth
2. Get your character leveled up to tier 4 weapon and armor and tier 4 gathering (this all takes about 2-4hours of solo player in the starter areas).
3. Once you have spent these 2 or so hours grinding up to tier 4, you are now ready to come to Martlock and join the alliance in war
4. Ride to Martlock(note you will pass through red zones, you first full PVP/loot zones so be careful) and link up with allied squads in discord.

If you are on the fence about this game, ask yourself this -- did you enjoy any of the following games:

1. Ultima Online
2. Eve Online
3. Darkfall
4. League of Legends/HotS/Dota/any moba

You will likely enjoy Albion Online... gank or be ganked <3

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Some Videos of our Goon Guild/Alliance MAKING PVP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SANccy2ne5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLjE4Ho-y0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rtP_hxwLQ

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 9, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Even More Vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvi5sKh4eqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIv0hyU5fUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6xJxlKBsuM

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 9, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Okay... let the drama continue

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
ARCH is pretty fun to do things with, ganking, farming, gathering, raiding, there's always something going on with that many members.

As someone who played UO and EVE for a bit, this scratches that player economy/perma loot loss itch.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
As someone addicted to full loot PvP games, this is probably the best one since EVE or Darkfall. The main difference is that you can go out and start killing almost immediately, whereas in EVE it's really easy for PvE people to avoid you, and Darkfall wasn't nearly as accessible.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
It's most fun I had in mmo in a while . Bathing in salty pub tears is my new fetish. So , cmon , grab your best double blade staff and cleric cowl and join us in ZvZs , and don't forget to loot! Praise be.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I don't get much time to play games these days, maybe a few hours a week across a few games but is this still something I can pick up and enjoy in small quantities with goons?

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

cage-free egghead posted:

I don't get much time to play games these days, maybe a few hours a week across a few games but is this still something I can pick up and enjoy in small quantities with goons?

Yes , all it takes is to get to t4 ,which maybe takes an hour after getting all the t3 starting zone poo poo done. You should be totally ok with 4.1 sets in almost any goon activity ( ganking ,zvz .. ) except maybe gvg stuff ( lol what gvg, noobs no territories ) . We do also have have fame farming sessions going on so after you find stuff you like playing it doesn't even take that long to grind to t5 or 6.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:thunk:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

dipwood posted:

As someone addicted to full loot PvP games, this is probably the best one since EVE or Darkfall. The main difference is that you can go out and start killing almost immediately, whereas in EVE it's really easy for PvE people to avoid you, and Darkfall wasn't nearly as accessible.

There really isnt a good alternative for those who want to gank people, loot them, and drink their tears.... UO is 20 years old and all freeshards have pretty much died 2 years ago. Darkfall relaunched and lasted about a month before people realized the game was still flawed and sucked with 400 players. I'm sure EVE is still a thing but it always seemed to have a pretty steep learning curve/barrier to entry.

In Albion you can legit get to t4 in 2-3hrs and be up in the black zones ganking dudes with us and actually contributing to the goon killing machine.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Anecdotal bullshit but I started yesterday, the game is still lost on me for a lot of things, but am T5 (almost T6) and been out ganking and ZvZing most of today. Anybody who is familiar with moba vector/positioned based combat and the keybinds can pick this poo poo up and most of the PvP will be very intuitive. The real wall, Im imagining, is like in Mobas where you need to learn what XYZ can do to you and see what rock paper scissors reaction you can return with. Game is pretty fun, first impression. It is grindy but the goons help you get oriented quick and are pretty available for questions/tips/memes.
I cant say this is better than UO because its not, but it is pretty loving good for big/small fantasy pvp if thats your poo poo.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
serious question:

Can I log in, get into fights and then log out really quickly/easily? Like UO Recall bascially? I don't have time for spending 30 minutes travelling to maybe grind a couple things then spend 30 minutes traveling back..

Christopher
May 29, 2006
I joined the discord, filled out the form, apped up in game, and got rejected so that was pretty cool.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Christopher posted:

I joined the discord, filled out the form, apped up in game, and got rejected so that was pretty cool.

Did you tell anyone you were applying? Part of the application process is to post in this thread ;)

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

TipsyMcStagger posted:

serious question:

Can I log in, get into fights and then log out really quickly/easily? Like UO Recall bascially? I don't have time for spending 30 minutes travelling to maybe grind a couple things then spend 30 minutes traveling back..

All you really need is tier 4, which is the basic armor/weapon type. You can get that in an hour. There is PvP regularly outside of the main cities and you can drop in and out to PvP, get gear from bodies, etc.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Decided to jump in on this shitshow as DerekSmart. I have no clue what I'm doing, but here we are.

Side note - I started off with archery because...because. Is that pointless? Should I be going melee for life? Any pointers?

blueberrysmith fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 10, 2017

Christopher
May 29, 2006

FormerFatty posted:

Did you tell anyone you were applying? Part of the application process is to post in this thread ;)

Yeah, I did in the old thread and in Discord. I'll probably try again later who knows.

And what's the deal with ARCH holding no territories? Just not into the territory business or being griefed because of griefing?

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

blueberrysmith posted:

Decided to jump in on this shitshow as DerekSmart. I have no clue what I'm doing, but here we are.

Side note - I started off with archery because...because. Is that pointless? Should I be going melee for life? Any pointers?

Depends on what you want to do . Ganking in groups and being paired with cc bow will work good. In ZVZ I believe best fit is wailing bow which is pretty expensive. I would say have at least two "builds" so you can fit into different situation.
I have almost all of the stuff unlocked at t4 but what I usually run is double bladed staff in ganking and nature heal staff in zvz,pvp scenarios. Here is the link to our zvz build so it would be good to have one of those ready when you decide to try some zvzs : https://archersnon.com/Main_Page

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i love albion online

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i love albion online

same

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004

Deranged M posted:

Depends on what you want to do . Ganking in groups and being paired with cc bow will work good. In ZVZ I believe best fit is wailing bow which is pretty expensive. I would say have at least two "builds" so you can fit into different situation.
I have almost all of the stuff unlocked at t4 but what I usually run is double bladed staff in ganking and nature heal staff in zvz,pvp scenarios. Here is the link to our zvz build so it would be good to have one of those ready when you decide to try some zvzs : https://archersnon.com/Main_Page
How would a heavy crossbow build fare in zvz?

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
In-game it says that "the first time you get Premium" you get 200 LP, +30,000 Focus (up to 30,000 max), and all the other benefits that come with Premium. Is that just referring to what you get by buying-in with the Veteran's (or another) pack? Or if, say, my premium were about run out and I purchased a one month subscription, would I get the 200 LP and refilled focus as a reward for my "first" purchase of premium? I'm probably overthinking it and it's probably just the initial poo poo you get by buying a starting pack, but was being hopeful.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
its only a one time purchase thing. since all the games come with premium already, you only get it once.

however if you make a new character, it does give that character the bonuses.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Otakufag posted:

How would a heavy crossbow build fare in zvz?

I think it does work good. Even though it is strongest single damage weapon in game it still has pretty good E for group fights. I would probably pair it with mage robe to juice up that dps even more . I'll let people who are more knowledgeable with builds to chip in.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
finally a new thread after the old one was rage closed.

now I can finally shitpost again

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
SBI wants you to pay silver or gold to hand out a 7 day trial.

How loving high are these guys

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Did this game get good yet?

I played it a bit in the end of 2015 but haven't been back.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Verbose posted:

Did this game get good yet?

I played it a bit in the end of 2015 but haven't been back.

Do you enjoy ganking dudes, looting them, and then drinking their tears?

Then yes -- this game is fun and many of us are still making/drinking tears daily.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
SBI doing arena tournament

https://albiononline.com/en/news/Albion-Arena-Masters-Registration

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009
huh the game changed a lot since the last alpha test I played in 2015... I guess I'm in as BigStinker, is anyone still around that played back then and remembers that poo poo pubby clan we were in before we had a goon guild?

edit: Posting to get Authed.
IG BigStinker
Discord Harry Manback

Harry Manback fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 21, 2017

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
dead game

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

FormerFatty posted:

Do you enjoy ganking dudes, looting them, and then drinking their tears?

Then yes -- this game is fun and many of us are still making/drinking tears daily.

This is what you've said about every dead game since UO though, be honest with me how many nights a week do goons win at ganking and how many hours do I have to click on a cartoon animation of mining iron ore before I can PK easily?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Gear scales slowly in stats but almost exponentiallyin price. You can farm gold in this game for 1 day and you'll have an infinite supply of gear that is good enough to PK with, something we do every day and are pretty good at. Mostly because it's not hard and a lot of people default to as their main thing to do in the game.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

vandalism fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 24, 2022

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Harry Manback posted:

huh the game changed a lot since the last alpha test I played in 2015... I guess I'm in as BigStinker, is anyone still around that played back then and remembers that poo poo pubby clan we were in before we had a goon guild?

edit: Posting to get Authed.
IG BigStinker
Discord Harry Manback

Game has changed significantly since then -- grind is much easier/mobs dont kill you when you die to them(you get knocked down)/black zones and t8 resources have been completely redone. If you like killing people, taking their poo poo, and making them cry then this game is solid.

Added in game so you can auto-auth for mumble/discord at http://www.archersnon.com/join

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

extra stout posted:

This is what you've said about every dead game since UO though

Which is only darkfall(was fun til insane grind/cheating ruined it) and now Albion ;)

quote:

be honest with me how many nights a week do goons win at ganking and how many hours do I have to click on a cartoon animation of mining iron ore before I can PK easily?

We gank all day everyday and ZvZ(big zerg fights like 20v20+) quite a bit -- the gear you need for this is cheap enough where i can hook you up with some starter coin and you can be ganking with us on day 1 after 2-3 hrs of grind in the end game dungeons our team has locked down in Mercia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
You can gank at any time of day, almost everywhere, in any size group. This is probably the most accessible full loot pvp mmo I've played in a while. You can be out murdering or getting murdered within maybe a couple hours of starting, and be effective.