Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks. I'm in now but APN Bot keeps telling me: "I could not find your ingame name of dumbasscomet. This could either mean your player is not being track on the Killboards or the Killboards is not currently working. Please try again or contact your guild's perms officer". I tried multiple times over the course of like an hour and still nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.

flick3r posted:

Thanks. I'm in now but APN Bot keeps telling me: "I could not find your ingame name of dumbasscomet. This could either mean your player is not being track on the Killboards or the Killboards is not currently working. Please try again or contact your guild's perms officer". I tried multiple times over the course of like an hour and still nothing.

Have you done an arena match yet? That should get you on the killboards.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I wanna join up and do poo poo with you guys. I had an island in bridge whatever, the desert area. I deleted it and sold all my poo poo and now i'm in martlock. That's where we are based out of, right? I wanna get a new island up and going... should I put it there? I am just now getting my skills to t4 and trying out arenas, mostly using the heal build with the nature greatstaff. I did try a 2h claymore and that was fun. I am really new even though I got this game in 2017 and evidentl yplayed for like 15 minutes before i said nah. Seems fun now, though.

Saiyajin-Nester
Oct 18, 2005
maybe I should come play with you guys

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
If you bought the game a while ago and are coming back now, check your bank/island/city banks for skins, which you can either consume to look cool, or sell. Depending on the skin, you can be looking at many millions.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

vandalism fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 24, 2022

DeepSpaceBeans
Nov 2, 2005

Let's build us a happy, little cloud that floats around the sky.
Applied to EQMS 250k as DSCraft. Kinda meant this one to be a gatherer, but I just ended up liking this character more than the one I was playing before.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Anyone have any advice on how to spend my learning points and focus? I would like to do a bit of everything... do pve alright, have a chill island with farms, and do some crafting.

Can i grow veggies and make food and do potions simultaneously or do i need to pick like one thing?

Can i use multiple weapon types and armor, or do I need to pick just one?

I like arena but I just hit t4 in all stuff and am trying various combos but feel very ineffective. I was healing with a holy staff and a guy kept saying report me for not being 4.3 only 4.0, which is I guess runes.

What should I do from getting all weapons and armor from t4? Game is confusing.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

vandalism posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to spend my learning points and focus? I would like to do a bit of everything... do pve alright, have a chill island with farms, and do some crafting.

Can i grow veggies and make food and do potions simultaneously or do i need to pick like one thing?

Can i use multiple weapon types and armor, or do I need to pick just one?

I like arena but I just hit t4 in all stuff and am trying various combos but feel very ineffective. I was healing with a holy staff and a guy kept saying report me for not being 4.3 only 4.0, which is I guess runes.

What should I do from getting all weapons and armor from t4? Game is confusing.

Conventional wisdom for learning points is to save them for the gathering skills that effect tiers you can harvest - the big jumps in the tree.

For potions, you’ll need herbs and foods and stuff for downstream crafting steps, so it makes sense to produce some of those yourself. You’ll still need to probably end up buying some stuff on the market anyways, so go with whatever. This is definitely a good place to whip up a spreadsheet to track profitability. In general, for crafting its best to specialize, but as long as you’re tracking your profits to ensure your actually making money + gaining fame, who cares.

For combat, getting everything to t4 is pretty low effort, so I’d recommend doing that to get a feel for the weapon types and figure out which ones you enjoy.

After that, it is super beneficial to pick at least one PVE farming build and specialize in that. When you max out a tree and continue to get XP in it, that fame is allocated as “fame credits” which are basically free xp that you can allocate as you wish. In general it’s best to get one efficient farming set maxed out and then use the free credits to spec up other trees. Popular choices are great axe, baddon now, and perma frost.

You should also pick one zvz build (check the #zvz-builds channel in discord) and focus on getting good spec in that. You want to have 1100-1200 IP in a zvz set at the very least, so the higher your spec the easier it is to get there. It can feel really slow and painful at first, especially before you get a build that generates fame credits, but once you start cruising it moves fast. Pick something that has some synergy with your PVE build - either using the exact same items or same “type” - ie if you’re using a great axe to farm, use halberd for zvz. Or gently caress it, just pick halberd anyways because halberd owns.

You’ll find that there’s a lot of cross over on builds, so once you get into a good place for one PVE build and one ZVZ build (and are rolling in fame credits) it will be easy to transition into other builds.

You should pick out a gank build that you like and make sure you have a few sets on hand. IP/spec is way less important here - ganking is always some 10v1 poo poo, so overall “power” is less important than having stun and utility for securing dismounts and kills. Popular options here are doublebladed staff and 1h frost.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 2, 2020

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks for the pointers! This game is cool and has tons of choices to make and systems to understand. Your info is a good start to understand it better.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
applied as Yeehowdyall

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
We just finished up a 6 month war, so nows the time to get into the game without having to come to 3 CTAS a day

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Ahoy hoy! Played with some of the original crew years ago during the alpha/beta, but I got a job right around the time the game actually came out so I never hopped back in.

Still working, but I've got some free time again these days so here I am! Currently refamiliarizing myself in the newbie areas, gonna try to figure out what steps I need to take to get back in with you folks.

EDIT: Joined the discord and applied to 42069, did an arena match but I'm still getting a missing killboard error when I try to register on the disc.

Merton Blask fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 11, 2020

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I remember seeing stuff about this game and it looking mildly interesting years ago. I decided to hop in now for some reason. Joined the discord and applied to the guild as Sigthur.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Applied to 42069 as yarpirate

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Haven't played this for a while but I got an email about them getting hacked, so probably change your passwords I guess.

I logged in and changed mine just in case.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I think I've now applied to both SA guilds, not sure which one is the right one as the OP looks like it may have not been updated recently. Whoever hoovers me up first I guess gets me. I'm confused new player and an absolute shlub so it' sprobably not a good thing.

Character name is "Sigthur"

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Applying to Awful Company as "OwenKerr"

Matty
Oct 29, 2010

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Sup, former ss13 friend

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Infinite Monkeys posted:

welcome bro -- thought that looked familiar.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

:wave:

So what do I do now? I have t5 gear and I'm in Martlock, but I still have no idea what's going on

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

IGN: Tausch
Discord: Tauschemo#3759

Applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k

Tauschemo fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 9, 2020

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Infinite Monkeys posted:

:wave:

So what do I do now? I have t5 gear and I'm in Martlock, but I still have no idea what's going on

Are you in a guild? Assuming you just want to gank/PvP, find out what their preferred builds are for the content you want to do, whether it’s ZvZ, hellgates/ corrupted dungeons, Avalon’s, etc. and start working on fame farming those attributes.

Otherwise there’s a whole game there to explore and goof around in. Start working on your island for passive income, do arenas, get rich on crafting, play the markets from city to city... it’s a sandbox game after all.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Pandaal posted:

Are you in a guild? Assuming you just want to gank/PvP, find out what their preferred builds are for the content you want to do, whether it’s ZvZ, hellgates/ corrupted dungeons, Avalon’s, etc. and start working on fame farming those attributes.

Otherwise there’s a whole game there to explore and goof around in. Start working on your island for passive income, do arenas, get rich on crafting, play the markets from city to city... it’s a sandbox game after all.
Yeah I'm in Awful Squad. I'm using Bow of Badon for fame farming, I've been doing solo BZ random dungeons but I'm not sure if that's the fastest method, or if I should find a group or go somewhere else or what.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Yeah I'm in Awful Squad. I'm using Bow of Badon for fame farming, I've been doing solo BZ random dungeons but I'm not sure if that's the fastest method, or if I should find a group or go somewhere else or what.

You can do solos and get FF to skill up (you should be leveling up a ZVZ set of your choosing... ideally healer or DPS) and then you can also use alliance chat to find a group FF. You can also make decent $$ doing FF as well or use your focus for islands/refining to build up an economy assuming you have premium.

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

It's been about 3 years since I last played and it's wild seeing how many people are about.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I just downloaded this last night and I think I’m digging it so far? Just got access to T4 gear so I’m trying out different weapons. Enjoying the combat and the relative “sparseness” of the world/loot. Got to the big city in the Steppes, idr the name, but all the facilities are bought up and have a use fee and that’s a bummer.

Did get a Fawn from a dead stag that sold for 123K. That was a nice boost.

Probably gonna join the Goon guild since this seems like a thing to do w other players. My big Q is, at that point is there still small-group or solo stuff to do? I’m liking these early areas where I can casually meander and pick flax and crawl those little green-door dungeons.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Probably gonna join the Goon guild since this seems like a thing to do w other players. My big Q is, at that point is there still small-group or solo stuff to do? I’m liking these early areas where I can casually meander and pick flax and crawl those little green-door dungeons.
yeah, one of the mid to end-game methods of farming fame is running solo and 5-man group maps in T8 zones and the warphole portal things contain chests that can spawn solo (green) or small-group/solo with a specialized build (blue). it's definitely more dangerous than running with a bigger group, but once you have your gear specialization at a decent level you can put together sets that you only need 1 good run to make back the cost of

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
I’ve been back in the game for a couple weeks now after taking a four or so year-long break at the end of the Alpha. Settled in with a midsize guild in the greater goon alliance. It’s fun!

Been doing a bunch of the 1v1 corrupted dungeons for loot and fame, and periodically toss on a nature staff and flail around healing dudes in gigantic 100+ vs 100+ fights.

Currently saving up for an equipment set that’ll get me into the endgame dungeons, and trying to find a steady partner for the 2v2 hellgate.

I die a ton and am constantly losing my gear, but this game scratches an itch that I haven’t felt since Ultima 20 years ago.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Stunt_enby posted:

yeah, one of the mid to end-game methods of farming fame is running solo and 5-man group maps in T8 zones and the warphole portal things contain chests that can spawn solo (green) or small-group/solo with a specialized build (blue). it's definitely more dangerous than running with a bigger group, but once you have your gear specialization at a decent level you can put together sets that you only need 1 good run to make back the cost of

I've been just doing the corrupted dungeons with the zvz recommended except for a different weapon to fame farm it up. Is that worse then going to T8?

This is what I bring which I assume is sufficicient enough for those t8 dungeons.

Also, what is R3? I haven't joined a zvz yet as I'm nervous to mess it up with most pings on Discord being around someone being fined for messing up.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Tauschemo posted:

It's been about 3 years since I last played and it's wild seeing how many people are about.

Due to covid and release in several other languages (asian markets) the game population is MUCH higher than any other point in Albions 3 year history... it's saved the game for sure.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
p.s.

don't worry about fines if youre a goon just starting out <3

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

So I joined the disco. There’s like three sets of auth instructions that I’m seeing, one of which says to send a screenshot of a status message w today’s date? But the OP of this thread just says to PM someone and the Register Here channel has no pinned messages

Help me, I am a simple man. How do I join your horrible guild and die in embarrassing ways

E: char name is Verholtz and I’m Rudepaul#1394 on Discord

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Is the "guild" referred to here specifically Awful Company or the broader ARCH alliance?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Awful Company EQMS 250k or whatever. Think I figured out what I’m doing, I’ll apply when I get to my computer next.

E: Sent from Verholtz

Sixto Lezcano fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 10, 2020

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Wondering if I should apply to that guild. I joined the discord in the OP and ended up in a guild called Lint Guard that's part of ARCH. It's not Awful Company and I'm paying 30% tax :(

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

What's a good healing weapon to work on leveling while waiting to get accepted to guild?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pandaal posted:

Wondering if I should apply to that guild. I joined the discord in the OP and ended up in a guild called Lint Guard that's part of ARCH. It's not Awful Company and I'm paying 30% tax :(
EQMS 250k (the currently not-full goon one) seemed pretty dead last i was in it, might be better to join a pub guild until you have the fame to join 42069 and it has space free

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

Stunt_enby posted:

EQMS 250k (the currently not-full goon one) seemed pretty dead last i was in it, might be better to join a pub guild until you have the fame to join 42069 and it has space free

What's the fame requirement for 42069?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Elmon posted:

I've been just doing the corrupted dungeons with the zvz recommended except for a different weapon to fame farm it up. Is that worse then going to T8?

This is what I bring which I assume is sufficicient enough for those t8 dungeons.

Also, what is R3? I haven't joined a zvz yet as I'm nervous to mess it up with most pings on Discord being around someone being fined for messing up.

I think the top level corrupted dungeon (slayer) is supposed to be some of the best fame farming in the game, so if you’re enjoying that I’d say stick with it. You’ll have lots of opportunities to do the “end game” PVE in arch like Avalonian dungeons and group maps, but there’s definitely an appeal to CD which are dope solo farming, no map fees, scout fees, IP nazis, form up channels etc.