Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I bounced off this when I tried it at release, but I've got more time now. apseudonym ingame, apseudonym#2369 on discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

What's the difference between the various AC guilds? Seems like most the folks are in AC or 42069

Also is there anyone who wouldn't mind me pming them ingame sometime with some :shobon: as hell questions

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

RainMaker posted:

AC and 42069 are the SA guilds. 42069 and awfu are the overflow guilds for the main AC one. All the other arch guilds are just pubbie guilds in the game that joined the alliance.

Any difference between the overflows? I see a bunch of people in 42069 but not eqms

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Trip report:

Been in the blackzone for a week ganking with Arch and its been a blast, up to 2.5m pvp fame and 6m mob fame doing swords. Still havent managed to actually do a group dungeon but otherwise good times

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kaaj posted:

I installed the game and I’m planning to apply tomorrow once I get familiar with wth is going on. What’s the story with discord as the invites I’ve seen don’t seem to work?

I used the link in the guild info and that worked

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

kaaj posted:

Good tip, seems like https://discord.com/invite/rc5VJW7 worked

^ worth updating the op with it.

edit: on a unrelated note, are there any tips about positioning your island? I'm so far in Thetford and I read that moving the island is a bit of a hassle, so don't want to do it wrong, I guess.

Arch is out of martlock so probably there (I've barely used my island though tbh). If you move it you only lose the money you spend upgrading it

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

A true goon success story -- youre a good ganker, glad to have you gayin/playin with us.

Main thing I still dont have a handle on is how to get into group ff or do solo dungeons without getting dove anywhere near redtree :smith:

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Aster0ids posted:

Im still not sure if i should grind dual swords first though? If anyone can guide me a bit. It seems to be a long road since now at 50 skill its already 20 learning points to skip 1 level. Even with premium that looks like a long grind to get that solo to 100 (because duals isnt a dungeon build thats accepted, as i understand)

Also, if its dual i push to 100, am i going to be able to farm fame through pvp enough to build another build with it?

Hey swords bro, your posts read like mine. I only started two months ago, same name in game.

I close to 100 dual swords now, and 30ish in most the other swords as I play around with them. Clarent feels nice for FF and I've enjoyed it the few times I took in zvz.

The only problem I ran into ffing swords first is you will not get in any ff groups in arch, unless you're already friends and they take pity on your carving (I have done all of 3 group dungeons as a result). I just run a couple 8 maps from time to time though, usually in my zvz stuff, but mostly I've been doing roads with folks and fighting.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Playing again after stopping in 2019 and I see AC is still active. Should I rejoin AC or go join 42069?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

FormerFatty posted:

Either one is fine -- AC is good if youre not a newb and wanna show up to ZVZ etc... 42069 is good if you just wanna do whatever/whenever.

I did ZvZ before happy to do it again. I'll apply to AC when I get back to my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

apseudonym posted:

I did ZvZ before happy to do it again. I'll apply to AC when I get back to my computer.

I think I applied but I cant tell from the UI, same name in game as here.