Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.
Thought I'd give this a try while I was reminising about the good old age of wushu days. I've applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k and my in-game name is Arbosa89. I've registered in discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Where should I base my island from? I'm hearing Caerleon is the place to be.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

gently caress it. I've gone matlock. I hear all the beginner guides are out of date since the latest patch anyway.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Dante posted:

is there still an active goon guild for this game? I've downloaded it to scratch that UO itch.

edit: Applied to Awful Company EQMS 250k with the char Dovestrangler

It seems like that's an overflow guild for the main one and it's part of an alliance called Arch. It's very active and there's a war going on. It's not the best for helping newbies so what you'll need to do is get a healer setup for the alliance war until you're good enough to go DPS. There's a thing called item power and they get weird if you're not hitting over 1100 if you're DPS but they're fine if you're healing so go with that for a while. They're not good at explaining this so hopefully this helps.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Weskejak posted:

what guild would you guys suggest for a nub?

I didn't get much help with noob stuff from AC but some of the smaller guilds in the alliance have their own programs. There's a recruitment channel in discord.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

apseudonym posted:

What's the difference between the various AC guilds? Seems like most the folks are in AC or 42069

Also is there anyone who wouldn't mind me pming them ingame sometime with some :shobon: as hell questions

AC and 42069 are the SA guilds. 42069 and awfu are the overflow guilds for the main AC one. All the other arch guilds are just pubbie guilds in the game that joined the alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

Verbose posted:

Are people actually having fun with this finally? I played during beta but haven't been back since.

I'm loving it at the moment. Part of it is the sandbox full-loot pvp since I come from EVE and the other part is Arch being a pretty chill organisation that fits my play style. It seems that everyone that matters aren't tryhards and are fun to hang around with. ZvZs are a serious affair but I like moments of discipline among the funny stuff. I've been chilling in the red tree defense channel and it seems to have a fun community going on which I like. I've been watching albion videos and found some with this guy called derrick and I think I wouldn't have bothered carrying on if I encountered that sort of behaviour right at the beginning so I've lucked out with joining arch.