Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Apped to 42069 IGN Roydes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im probably doing something wrong XD

I cant figure out the discord link, some people posting oh silly me! after figuring it out. Still have no clue how to get on there.

Discord link on page 1 broken for me, skimmed the last 5 pages for a link, nada.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im having a blast playing this game, i get vibes like the first time i played EQ or eve online, dont get that often.

I gasped when i realized this is the map, not the starter continent, which i thought was the whole game https://www.albiononline2d.com/en/map

Question, i see in discord these mandatory zvz roams, i went there for the first time yesterday at the Red Tree hideout. Im still working my way to the zvz templates, am i excluded from that mandatoryness till i can wear the templates and replace them or should i stay in the safe zones till then? Because its faster to xp in the black zones and get coin.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

causticBeet posted:

I really enjoy playing double bladed staff in gank, which has a ton of stun and mobility. Combine this with guardian armor + fiend cowl (invis reveal and purge, great for nuking enemies boots/defensive skills and loving over demon boot / undead cape fuccbois) and you will be securing kills like a boss in no time

Im leveling most weapons to 4 to get a feel for what i want. I scouted black zones 2-3 times, i should head there soon and settle, thx for tips.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 20, 2020

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I found my autumn/winter game for sure, had some fun roaming black zones with the Arch crew yesterday. Cant wait to be unnewbified some more and mess around with the roads of avalon

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Again so glad i found this game, out of the blue bam actually fun MMO, new expansion just as i was starting out.

So where i am now is having finally done a proper zvz build (dual swords) pushed to 1100 IP. I made a ton of newb money scouting, got 3 months premium paid.

So now id like to work on a 2nd build, to get into R3 dungeons / roads. Does anyone have tips on what kind of builds i could start working on, that might use what i already grinded for my dual sword build? (Knight helm, scholar shoes, soldier armor). Ideally something i could also use in zvz/ganking but im also ok with a strictly pve build if thats how it is.

Edit: Just remembered someone told me what people usually do is push something to 100, then drop fame into other builds. Should i do that?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

FormerFatty posted:

First -- thank for building the bread and butter ARCH melee rush build... <3

I think what people do is get a fame build up to 100 and then build fame credits and use those to pump into a more ZVZ but I havent done much PVE -- as for a gank set, you dont need much fame in your gank weapon (claws/double bladed staff/1h frost) since it will be mostly 20v1 fights where the most important thing is what you spam on their body as you loot them :)

Im still not sure if i should grind dual swords first though? If anyone can guide me a bit. It seems to be a long road since now at 50 skill its already 20 learning points to skip 1 level. Even with premium that looks like a long grind to get that solo to 100 (because duals isnt a dungeon build thats accepted, as i understand)

Also, if its dual i push to 100, am i going to be able to farm fame through pvp enough to build another build with it?

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 6, 2020

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Ao was the most fun i had in a long time in a MMO playing with Glut and the rest of the gank crew. Gonna buy a beast PC in a couple of months, got sidetracked doing drugs and such XD

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Hey Roydes here, i might be getting back into this, hesitated before posting because im not sure how much ill get into it but again i thought that sure way to bore myself is to play on my own.
Ill play alone for a while just because im 2 years rusty, but without high-effort posting, whats the way for me to get back with goons/ARCH if i feel the pull?
Like i dont even remember what i could wear that would get me booted from a Matlock/T8 train because im wearing lovely gear.
Where are you guys located? Still in that T8 corner (i had to look it up lol redtree) ?

Edit: What id probably like is an updated screenshot with all the builds because Xbow is too easy in T5 and ive done it to death, would probably help to start fresh on some needed builds and mess around in T5 dungeons with that.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 8, 2023

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018

FormerFatty posted:

discord.gg/archgaYY has all the stuff -- if you need an invite, just apply in game to Awful Company 42069 and chill/kill <3

Hey glut! Looking forward to doing gank squads again, im not sure how long ill last but im sure ill get to that point and mess around with that a bit at least.

Ok i just saw the new zvz gear jpgs, i dont meet any of those, whats the quickest process to catch up to T8?

Cause right now i cant join any CTAs ill be booted for being under-geared. I also wanna take maybe a week to just settle back into the game and get comfortable. I dont wanna be that guy lost in the back like HALP i couldnt find the mount button! and annoy everyone with my dead weight.

I thought about asking in discord but it will be useful info for anyone wanting to get into albion again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I just got troll answers when i asked whats the CTA policy for people getting back into the game in the arch general channel and asking for the tips i just got here for catching up.

Like someone said, you find the shot callers / crew you like and go for content with these particular people. I had fun doing faction pvp with justin and ganks with glut. Had some good zvz fights as well.