Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
CHAT / VOICE HERE: https://discord.gg/archGayy
Msg: GluttonySDS, RombieEQMS, or JasonEQMS to get authed on discord. Also post in the thread you want to be authed for goonification purposes

ADD ME ON DISCORD: GluttonySDS#0952

If you are new to Albion and have not signed up use this referral code so we get extra spacebux.
https://albiononline.com/?ref=7FNMXB1LGZ

When you get in game, apply to the guild: "Awful Company42069" and you will be accepted <3 -- then head to discord and type !register <in game name> for perms <3 If you get a mail from any recruiter -- feel free to let them know "i am a goon and gluttony is fat/gay"

Albion Online is essentially Ultima Online(full loot/full PVP/sandbox world/scumbag players) meets League of Legends/HOTS(moba mechanics for PVP) making for an open world MMOba type world where the only rule is "Gank or Be Ganked".

Yep, so it's a full loot sandbox PvP game. Be prepared to lose your $100 mount in the first 10 minutes because you're bad. You don't need to do territory warfare if you don't want. With the changes to Caerleon most of what was the case can now be thrown out the window.

The game however isnt all PVP -- in fact the non PVPers in this game (gathers/crafters) play an EQUAL role in terms of determining the success of your guild/alliance. All items in this game ARE player crafted meaning every sword, shield, plate armor piece, mage staff, etc. is made by other players. In addition, Albion has localized marketplace system making their economy robust and very similar to that of Eve's.... i.e. the way to get super rich is to play the market #whiteCollarCoinz

Carleon is the main city in the game -- it is also the only way to get to the black zones: the end game areas with 100% full loot/pvp and the best resources/dungeon spots in the game. We base all of our operations out of Carleon as we spend 95% of our time Mercia(the black zone land with the best loots in the game).

The Goon Guild is called: Awful Company -- we have become a "top guild" in terms of all the lovely pubby metrics and have also become a top guild in terms of raking in pubbie tears. Who knew ganking 'tryhards elitists' with a bunch of newbs could produce so many angry people?!?!

We also run one of the top alliances in the game with a lot of euros and other scum amerikkkans who are down to gank and drink tears along with us(in other languages):

[url]https:// discord.gg/archGay[/url]

I will add more info to this OP later with some basic guides on how to play the game and how to get started and how to best help out the guild/alliance smash more enemies; but for now if you get into the game you should do the following:

1. Link up with the goon guild on discord: http://discord.gg/archGayy -- post here and PM gluttonySDS or trevor for auth
2. Get your character leveled up to tier 4 weapon and armor and tier 4 gathering (this all takes about 2-4hours of solo player in the starter areas).
3. Once you have spent these 2 or so hours grinding up to tier 4, you are now ready to come to Martlock and join the alliance in war
4. Ride to Martlock(note you will pass through red zones, you first full PVP/loot zones so be careful) and link up with allied squads in discord.

If you are on the fence about this game, ask yourself this -- did you enjoy any of the following games:

1. Ultima Online
2. Eve Online
3. Darkfall
4. League of Legends/HotS/Dota/any moba

You will likely enjoy Albion Online... gank or be ganked <3

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Some Videos of our Goon Guild/Alliance MAKING PVP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SANccy2ne5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLjE4Ho-y0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rtP_hxwLQ

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 9, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Even More Vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvi5sKh4eqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIv0hyU5fUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6xJxlKBsuM

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 9, 2017

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Okay... let the drama continue

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

dipwood posted:

As someone addicted to full loot PvP games, this is probably the best one since EVE or Darkfall. The main difference is that you can go out and start killing almost immediately, whereas in EVE it's really easy for PvE people to avoid you, and Darkfall wasn't nearly as accessible.

There really isnt a good alternative for those who want to gank people, loot them, and drink their tears.... UO is 20 years old and all freeshards have pretty much died 2 years ago. Darkfall relaunched and lasted about a month before people realized the game was still flawed and sucked with 400 players. I'm sure EVE is still a thing but it always seemed to have a pretty steep learning curve/barrier to entry.

In Albion you can legit get to t4 in 2-3hrs and be up in the black zones ganking dudes with us and actually contributing to the goon killing machine.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Christopher posted:

I joined the discord, filled out the form, apped up in game, and got rejected so that was pretty cool.

Did you tell anyone you were applying? Part of the application process is to post in this thread ;)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Verbose posted:

Did this game get good yet?

I played it a bit in the end of 2015 but haven't been back.

Do you enjoy ganking dudes, looting them, and then drinking their tears?

Then yes -- this game is fun and many of us are still making/drinking tears daily.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Harry Manback posted:

huh the game changed a lot since the last alpha test I played in 2015... I guess I'm in as BigStinker, is anyone still around that played back then and remembers that poo poo pubby clan we were in before we had a goon guild?

edit: Posting to get Authed.
IG BigStinker
Discord Harry Manback

Game has changed significantly since then -- grind is much easier/mobs dont kill you when you die to them(you get knocked down)/black zones and t8 resources have been completely redone. If you like killing people, taking their poo poo, and making them cry then this game is solid.

Added in game so you can auto-auth for mumble/discord at http://www.archersnon.com/join

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

extra stout posted:

This is what you've said about every dead game since UO though

Which is only darkfall(was fun til insane grind/cheating ruined it) and now Albion ;)

quote:

be honest with me how many nights a week do goons win at ganking and how many hours do I have to click on a cartoon animation of mining iron ore before I can PK easily?

We gank all day everyday and ZvZ(big zerg fights like 20v20+) quite a bit -- the gear you need for this is cheap enough where i can hook you up with some starter coin and you can be ganking with us on day 1 after 2-3 hrs of grind in the end game dungeons our team has locked down in Mercia.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vandalism posted:

I played for like 4 hours and got to tier 3 stuff. It looks like the grind from t3 to t4 is pretty steep. I must be doing something wrong.

Where are you grinding this -- it will take you about 10-20mins grinding t3 to t4 in our "office" (a t7 dungeon in mercia, the high end black zone continent).

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

clone on the phone posted:

I like this game, but what I REALLY like about it is just cruising around and skinning, and making fine leather jackets.

I'd rather not have to deal with pvpers ganking me while I gather, which seems to be a big draw for a lot of players.

You skinning with us in Mercia? The best part about skinning is getting all the .1 .2 and .3 in Mercia -- not only does it help you level faster(more fame for enchanted nodes) but it makes you that $$$$.

I like gathering too actually because it goes hand in hand with ganking.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

minchar posted:

Hello posting for auth. Peakzer0 on discord. minchar in game

Authd up -- welcome brother.

Maybe I should get off my rear end and get serious about this skinning business and join you guys up there. I love those green/blue/purple sparkles. I hit T4/5 and kinda ran out of steam and the last thread was a train wreck but it seems things have improved.

Well -- if you wanna gather, doing it with us will let you gather in the areas with the best resources in the game. Last thread was indeed a trainwreck(though the drama was nice) but the people playing now have none of the hangups about "oh god this game sucks just like beta" that some other other goons who quit after 2 weeks had.

Mercia(where we play) is nice because 25% of the resources are enchanted so its nothing but gree/blue/purple sparkles up here.

vermeul posted:

come to the "office" with a group and we can carry you to T6 in less then a day probably. Then you can just go out and kill mans

The office = t7 dungeon in Mercia we lock down almost 24/7:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Otakufag posted:

If you're a skinning dude with tons of hides and have an alt ready to start crafting something purely made from leather, what would be the best recommendation? Assassin armor seems popular, but it's sold cheaper than other types...

I guess it depends on why youre crafting -- is it to make items for just you to use? If so, craft for your own build.

If your goal to become a good crafter at a specific item so you can make the best assasin chests in the game for yourself or the alliance/guild -- then maybe make assasin's chest as theyre the most widely used leather chest piece.

I will say this though -- crafting is pretty unnecessary at this point; all the gear is available on the auction house and the 10-20k silver youd safe crafting it yourself isnt worth the time. Especially since within our alliance, you will find any crafter you need; all the way upto t8.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

sklurb posted:

Requesting a guild invite to Something Awful

Sent access request to Gluttony via Discord
Requesting authorization on Discord/Mumble.
Apped to Something Awful in game

If I missed a step, please let me know! :)

In game char name: Ministrix
T7.1 Longbow
T4-5 Frost Staff/Arcane Staff/MorningStar/Heavy Mace

Just need you to apply in game so we can accept and then you can auto-auth using the link in the OP.

Nice stats -- were you playing solo this whole time?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

off-key indie nonsense posted:

Despite my better judgement I bought this game. I spent the time I had leveling up nature and a mixture of cloth and leather. Is it worth it to try to be a healer?

If youre gonna heal for ZvZ/open world -- your best bet is to go wild staff on the nature healing line. Nature in general is pretty good because the trolly nature of HoT's... you wanna probably be running mage/cleric chest(i think mage), a mercenery helm for the cleanse, and assassin shoes for the dodge roll.

Holy is good for smaller groups where burst and single target healing is good -- it can also be used for pocket healing in ZvZ/open world.

Have you done much PVP yet? Are you playing with us?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

off-key indie nonsense posted:

I have the ice block head and assassin gear. I've only roamed around in yellow zones, killed someone who may have been afk. I'm not in the guild.

Get in the guild and get in mumble/discord -- yellow zones are pretty much a waste of time once you hit t4 in your weapon/armor and your gathering.

With the guild you will be able to get into Mercia(end game black zone) and really start to see what the game has to offer.

DanoTuka posted:

yeah I didnt get this at first either. I was grinding all the way to 2000 items harvested when I realized my mistake.
At a certain point in every skill and level of skill you get the chance to use 'learning points' which you get from being premium. It will then give you the rest of the level. So instead of grinding 2000 items harvested you get to say 800 and it just gives you the rest of the level.
Works for all things, fighting, crafting, etc.

I believe you can check that feature that uses learning points everytime you come to a new level so when you craft, it will auto-LP you to the next level.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Richard M Nixon posted:

It looks like there's a trial available that involves an existing player generating a key to share? Does anyone want to send me one? I used the link in the OP to register an account (haven't bought a license) but it didn't grant a trial.

Sure I can do that -- can you PM me on discord? GluttonySDS#0952

Have you ever played any full loot/pvp sandbox MMOs before?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqG0B2LFGpg&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EraSgvoimCc

OOPS leader rage compilation.... and to think people in here hated on me for talking like goons did in 2007.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BadLlama posted:

They made their cash, I hope they can put their game on life support for a few years so the remaining player that for some reason enjoy this game can continue to play it.

The game doesnt have as many players as release did but what MMO 4months post release does? If theres another game out there that is nearly as finished as Albion is that has:

1. Full loot PVP
2. Open world anything goes PVP
3. Drama from the above 2

...then I must have missed it? I guess if you wanted that you could play EVE or UO free shards but thats been a bit done to death.

Game is still fun for many goons as we are still able to poo poo on people, take their loot, and drink their tears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3LAVeBlE6E

100 man moba fights with full loot and plenty of tears is all I need until Ultima Online 2021 comes out(in 2023).

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Probably none minus EVE? If that is your only criteria then this game is really for you and I encourage people to try it out.

This really is my criteria -- does the game have:

1. The ability to kill anyone you see with uneven numbers
2. The ability to loot them and take their poo poo after killing them

UO is dead (RIP 1997-2017) and Im not sure coming into EVE 12years after it started makes much sense when Albion exists.... bonus points I guess because I enjoy moba PVP.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Good Dumplings posted:

problem is, I can get that kind of "took stuff" rush from counterstrike or planetside, what makes these games compelling enough to want to deal with the boring parts

Wait -- what kind of persistent loot are you taking from people in CS:GO or planetside?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Percelus posted:

ffa full loot sandbox, the clarion call of nerds who go from failed mmo to failed mmo every 6 months of so

I dunno -- I played UO for 20 years with a brief stint in 2008 for Darkfall.... what other full loot/PVP MMOs have even come out besides these 2, Albion, and EvE(alphas/betas/crowdsource scams dont count)?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Richard M Nixon posted:

I finally got around to using the trial that Gluttony sent me (thanks!) and I've been enjoying the starter areas. I'm trying to stick to the crafting/farming side of things but it looks like some combat is required anyways. Looks like going as a priest is punching yourself in the dick when leveling solo but uguu I like to heal. I saw one of the quarterstaves lets you do some healing - any value there? Or any other class that focuses on party support?

If you wanna do heal or support you wanna go healer(nature or holy, either one is good) OR you wanna do arcane(which is a buff class). Healers(holy or nature) are actually 2 of the few classes that can actually solo content pretty effectively.

quote:

I've done a few of those public dungeons in the middle of a camp (mineshafts I think they're called) and I just completed the daily portal dungeon thing in town. Is there just supposed to be one random chest in those? I would have expected stuff from the boss other than a bit of silver, but I guess that's not a thing?

Expeditions? Not sure -- theyre pretty junk these days; just get yourself to t4 in armor + weapon and then get in mumble so we can show you the high end fame farming spots we lock down as an alliance.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Matty posted:

Is this goony guild active anymore? Posted to auth my goon status, charname is Mattyb3.

We are still making GBS threads things up in Mercia... you can apply to Awful Company in game or send me a PM on discord to get added(GluttonySDS#0952).

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Its mostly dead than?

Its still got players to play with and other players to kill those players with and then loot their poo poo... if thats your thing(in a moba type pvp setting) then albion still serves its purpose.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Internet Victory posted:

Remembering glory days of me playing UO.

quote:

3 hits from killing final boss and getting treasure, get ganked. Lose all my stuff.

Uninstall. Cry. Reminisce of better days. Vendor buy bank guards :(

You sure you were able to hang in UO as being ganked and losing all your poo poo(and ganking others and taking their poo poo) is what 90% of what UO was about...

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

Nah UO had red hunters and poo poo to do that wasn't pvp

UO had 2 things to do... PVP or get rich; Albion has the same 2 things ;)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

Yeah, but are either for those two things in AO good or interesting?

If you are into moba style games (league, dota, hots, etc) then thats why the PVP is like (just the numbers in fights can go from 3v3 to 5v5 to 50v50).

Making money in Albion is also pretty interested if youre not into PVP -- gathering the good stuff requires risking full loot death(ala UO) and playing the market place is where smart people get super rich.

p.s.

here's a video of what a typical ZvZ(large scale fight) looks like in Albion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcNeMZV5Zj8

FormerFatty fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 10, 2018

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

yeah I think this is going to be a hard pass for me

What were you expecting out of a massive moba fight?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I never understood what you hated so much about the game -- you didnt enjoy those big bops that you had? Now I understand the population waned and that theres a bit less action but the core of the game is decent -- its a full loot/pvp MMOmoba; aside from EvE what other full loot games are even worth playing?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

are goons still playing this, is this a good place to come to donate money to archersnon for the poker table

Yes, we're still playing, mostly just ZvZing and ganking 10v1 in true EQMS fashion -- RIP Archersnon though... he's gone back to trying to beg for money on UO freeshards.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Neltharak posted:

I heard i could be a dick in this game

killing people and making them upset will never get old for me:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

I wanted to like this game but all I wanted to do was chop wood, but the good wood is in the full pvp zones so I guess it's just not my kind of game in the end.

Whats wrong with gathering in PVP zones?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Budgie posted:

I stopped following this game after the 20billiontieth alpha where nothing improved. Did it get good yet? Or is it still a korean style grind fest with poor territory mechanics?

https://clips.twitch.tv/StormyFaithfulDootTwitchRPG

Nothing like making people die/cry... grind is better as is performance -- territories still stupid but also not really important.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Chucullinn posted:

How dead is this game and is it worth playing if you can only dedicate a few hours a week to it? I played this back in open beta and they kept pushing the release back and burnt out on it early enough.

We go out in squads of 8-15 every day and night on wolves and just gank people 10v3 until we get a skirmish and have a zvz... its usually about 40 or 50 kills a night.

What you liked in darkfall this game has for you -- open world fun. The grind isnt necessary for anything other than competitve 5v5ing and with the way people fame now, you can get to gvg ready in 2-3 weeks of casual but focused grinding.

p.s.

In the 3 mins it took to reply to this post, we got a kill

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

sailormoon posted:

Is there a guide I can follow to become a ganking goon quickly? Everywhere online says "T4 in 2 hours!!" but doesn't detail the experience grind.

It's as simple as killing mobs in blue and yellow zones until you hit t4... once you're t4 you can come up and kill mobs in the blackzone in zones where our alliance has territories to make it pretty safe. Are you on Awful Company discord yet -- we can explain more there.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

also gay

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Agoat posted:

I got the trial for this game and I love it. I'm buying the full thing when I get paid this week.

Game got a lot of hate early on -- mostly because when it was released it was nearly unplayable for about a month due to DDOS. I'd say Albion is about 5-10x more enjoyable now as it was then... especially since the population is decent again with steam release.