Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ground floor :getin: I literally just read this today, but I'll be following this because I love seeing other peoples' perspectives on stuff.

Why does our childhood friend have such tiny baby hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Sayori is the vice president. She should mediate this poo poo (and then we don't have to get involved!).

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

kawaii game
doki-doki fantasy --
anime; so pure

(b)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I don't think that these
poems matter anymore,
So I won't bother.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i know this scene is supposed to be awful, and it is, but the way Yuri is animated stabbing herself is just so intensely, darkly comical that i can't help laughing way more than i should.

but then you're stuck. waiting. for two and a half days. i didn't even know if there was another scene after this, or if i was supposed to skip through the text or what. sitting there with this slowly decaying corpse of this weird girl, with creepy gibberish text repeating endlessly for an unknown amount of time, was really effectively desolate.

what i'm saying is this game has great bleak comedic timing

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

When I played through this, the bit that creeped me out the most was not having any clue if clicking through the text was even doing anything. Then I thought of hitting skip, and it just kept going, and I'm like... am I supposed to close the game now, maybe? Am I totally stuck? What do I do? Then it changed to sunset and night, so okay, something's happening... but then it went back to daytime again. And I wasn't exactly thinking about how this was supposed to be the weekend event anymore.

I ended up just leaving it scrolling in the background while I checked the forums or something else, then looked back to see her sprite had at least changed, but yeah this scene was creepy in a really great way.

yeah, exactly! One of the faults of experiencing this game through the LP is that you don't get hit with that sudden confusion. I was like, "what the gently caress? Is this the end of the game? that's horrible/hilarious/stupid/amazing, if it is." There's really no sign, other than the fact that the lighting changes and time passes, that there's any scenes beyond a dead girl glitching text ad nauseam. It's intensely weird.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i was including that in the umbrella of "time passing" because it's gross :gonk:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

bman in 2288 posted:

I can't go to sleep. This game is affecting me worse than I thought. Probably has something to do with Monika not behaving like a good little NPC should, or Sayori loving hanging herself after having a super bad depressive episode, or us watching Yuri stab herself to death in some hosed up sexual suicidal glee and then spend the weekend doing nothing but watch her corpse decompose.

I really want to get off Literature Club's wild ride. Like, I want to follow the game, but I'm legit having a difficult time reading through these updates.

Unironically: please take care of yourself, fellow poster :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

She does that in the steam version too, just not if you have OBS running, presumably because team salvato realized that sneakily putting your possible real name on a Livestream wouldn't necessarily be a cool thing to do! Good dev, imo.

• Locked thread