Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

jaclynhyde posted:

I have anxiety and depression! A nice, sweet game sounds like just the thing to soothe my soul. :3:

C!

From what I read in games, that sounds like an exceedingly bad idea. They are dead serious with that warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Call the loving police you idiot.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

PassingPie posted:

Oh goodness I wasn't prepared for this.

We're best friends, right? So that's why the protagonist is going to tell her parents, or the police? Or anyone? :(

If people did that in real life, depression would never be fatal.

Thinking about it, this seems suspiciously like we hit a Dead Man Walking at some point, because I really don't see this ending well.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

You’re a real bastard, Roar.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Depends, are the mods for Brawl or Melee? :v:

It turned Brawl into Melee. I am not joking.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fRuoMIfpw

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

When the scene glitches at the end, Monika starts smiling.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Is the RNG based on your Steam ID or computer fingerprint? That would cause your playthroughs to be exactly the same for you and you alone. Since the game engine is Python code, it would be trivial to modify it to do that.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Rev, one of the Vinesauce streamers, is also doing a playthrough, and he managed to get a different set of poems in Act 1 because Natsuki didn’t hate him and was also willing to work with Yuri. They decide to write about the same topic and compare the results. Sayori still refused to share, despite him making a poem in her style the third time.

I’d be interested in seeing a flowchart after this. I think it’s using a scoring system to decide which scenes you see, but the end result is fixed and the glitches are random.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Hell, she’s probably the most stable one period, glitches aside. She reacts like a real abuse victim without other mental issues would, and she hasn’t had a breakdown yet.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

There is a scene we have not seen (and probably will not) that goes into far more depth about Yuri’s issues. I’ll only say that we have not made the best choices in this playthrough, and we are missing out on some of the best scenes in the game because of that.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

My theory is the game-within-the-game was supposed to be a take on mental illness, where the best end would be you helping everyone through their issues while still picking a girl (maybe even Monika), while the worst end would be everybody loving dies, and everything in between. But then the spoops happened, and here we are.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

How is KS, anyway? I have a feeling that concept would be either really good or really bad, and considering 4chan was involved, I always assumed the latter.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I disagree. He seems pretty much a stock one-dimensional romance VN protagonist who only cares about himself. That’s part of why I suspect the suicide was already a possibility in the (kayfabe) game before it was corrupted; he acts like you would expect he would after you would lose the game, but he never responds to any of the weird poo poo that happens, even the stuff that gets in the log. He never even responds to the weird stuff Monika does in the first playthrough. His responses are all canned. Whatever story the (kayfabe) developers were trying to tell is way beyond their writing abilities.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I think we may have just found out what Monika said to Sayori.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

On the other hand, I like Monika and I guess we get to spend time with her now. Y....yay?

Well, there is a small problem we will find out next update. Things are pretty one-sided with Just Monika.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Monika is real, and she is my friend.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Mitayo can’t be president because he has no character file. He is part of the game itself and not capable of sentience. If you tried that, you would be making Frankenstein’s Monster.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I wonder if you could legitimately break the game by naming your user account something Python can’t handle.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Also, what would happen if you change security on the character files so they can’t be changed or deleted without admin access?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

All I can think of is the part in Hate Plus where Hyun-Ae asks you to bake her an "Honest to God, IRL cake."

I still can't decide if doing that is kinda cute or kinda pathetic. Or both.

Well, they managed to play Kick the Can with a hologram in Ever17, so it’s not too bad.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

Yeah, I think there's a hidden scoring system beyond just "who liked it most". Like if you pick 20/20 Yuri words then Natsuki will hate it and refuse to show you hers or just do the "next!" dismissal we saw in the LP. But if you pick 11 Yuri and 9 Natsuki then you'll get the Yuri scene, but Natsuki will still show her poem allowing you to get the Beach poem. Or something like that.

The real interesting thing is the equating of "Amy Likes Spiders" (about Natsuki being bullied for liking manga) and "The Raccoon" (about Yuri's cutting) because, as we all know, anime is blood

It’s not entirely hidden. Natsuki has a lot of dialogue for different scores and how much your score changed from the last poem. The character icons always pop up when you pick a word to let you know who likes it best, so you can keep track of it that way.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Snorb posted:

As far as I'm concerned, Sayori's heartfelt "please come back and visit anytime" was the definitive and final ending, but like I said before, maybe I'm just a big softie.

Well, it won’t be final for us. :unsmigghh:

Super Jay Mann posted:

Pretty sure he's talking about Yuri's third scene in Act 2 that Roar completely skipped over.

I was hoping too, it's probably the funniest scene in the route.

It’s also really sad despite how funny it is. She knows she always had problems, but she also knows what Monika is doing to her, which makes her shift all the blame away and become unable to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Monika just needs to get some pointers from The Final Pam.

• Locked thread