Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I've never played VNs before but I tried this one and enjoyed it!

Voting for the A set.

For anyone following along with the LP, the game is free and short and pretty dang good. Though, if you have major depression, I think you might be better off just following along with the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Really Pants posted:

not pictured: a goon impotently yelling "YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER IT'S NEITHER OF THOSE"

Yeah reading through this section was really frustrating because the protagonist handles Sayori's depression with what seems to be Precision Wrongness

e- For clarity, I'm sure that's intentional on the writer's part

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Roar posted:

: "Ahaha. You should take a little responsibility for her, Mitayo! I mean, especially after your exchange with her yesterday...you kind of left her hanging this morning, you know?"

:unsmigghh:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

CrashScreen posted:

:eyepop:

I didn't actually notice that, but you're probably right. That's really morbid.

Her hands are bloody and the clothes around her neck are torn, and the thing about hanging is that if you don't give yourself enough fall distance to break your neck when you drop, you die an agonizing death of asphyxiation.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 21, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel like a huge loser for saying this, but I honestly got emotional over the game.

You're not alone. I had depressive disorder, and I got seriously tilted by Sayori's suicide. She spoke my own internal monologue and then killed herself, and being forced to sit impotently as the protagonist aggravates her depression out of ignorance was upsetting. Coupled with the bits surrounding it that Roar hasn't gotten to yet as well as the way the game follows through on it, I had to put the game down for a few days to reorganize my poo poo mentally.

I'm a little ashamed because anime, but whatever. It's an effective portrayal and good horror.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

When the "Can you hear me?" poem is presented, it's accompanied by a giggle, which besides "DOKI DOKI!" in the title screen song, is the first voice audio in the game.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It's one of the more devious ways the game fucks with you - a lot of the text in this part is the same as the previous section of the game, so you're clicking through it quickly because you already read it, then a character says something hosed up like what Natsuki just said but you're only skimming the text. So you see it, you know you saw it, but you open up the history to confirm that she really said it and there's nothing there.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I've never seen Natsuki's scene for today, it's kinda more funny than scary.

Yuri's scene opposite this one though. gently caress

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

gently caress that Yuri scene. I stared at my feet the entire time.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Aww yeah, can't wait to spend the weekend with Yuri!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yuri's body decays a bit over the course of the weekend :whitewater:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

JT Jag posted:

You guys shoulda gone with Natsuki.

We get railroaded here, iirc Salvato has said he wants to expand Natsuki's role in the game

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Roar posted:

We'll go into the CGs in tomorrow's update. :tem:

omg :3:

Yeah chiming in that I also ended up empathizing with Monika despite everything she did to the others. I found the ending dissatisfying though, "whoever is president inherits the forbidden knowledge" is kind of a weak conceit to end on imv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Monika's infinite consciousnesses reach out from the ddlc website into every computer that the game is played on, and also her twitter account

e: Also, this is kind of late, but if you're playing the direct download version of the game instead of the Steam version, Monika calls you by your PC's user name. "...but you probably go by "xxxxx" or something, right?" It made me burst out laughing because even though my PC's username is my real name, I still immediately thought of Psycho Mantis and "You like Crash Bandicoot, don't you?"

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 1, 2017

• Locked thread