Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

how's the combat in this? it's sort of sounding like a sale game if the combat isn't complete WRPG rear end.

its a ripoff of the batman arkham games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

its a ripoff of the batman arkham games

that's what people told me about witcher 3, and to be honest i hate the combat in that...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

that's what people told me about witcher 3, and to be honest i hate the combat in that...

wtf

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Lol u got pranked. But yeah it really is a complete rip off of Batman which works

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I saw one orc who kept running away from every battle and was such a coward he couldn’t get killed. Even shamed to level 1 he knew when to cut and run.

There was another guy who I had taken who helped me overthrow his boss then immediately turned on me, killed me, killed another orc and got promoted to the position of the boss he had killed and branded “the traitor.”

It’s a pity the tutorial is super long.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Update: I ran into a Warchief last night called so-and-so the Bore and his intro speech was a couple minutes of him drawling on in monotone about Mordor politics. He pissed me off so I decided to mess him up by shaming him (which demoted him to captain and brought him from level 36 to 31) and then I spent the next several minutes running around the region shaming him over and over again (he also became dumber while I did this, he went from talking eloquently to being like “ok boys... we’re going to attack.... ohhh nooo why can’t I remember” and “my mind isn’t as uh good like it used to be, what did you do to meeee...” until eventually I shamed him a fourth time, so he became so-and-so the Deranged and couldnt talk anymore, just scream) I was really curious what would happen when I took him all the way down to level 1, but unfortunately when he was level 6 a friendly archer (not even an elite archer, just a normal one) one hit killed him. I bullied an orc so hard he turned retarded and then he went out like a bitch

lol that rules

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

found a decent ring lads

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I saw one orc who kept running away from every battle and was such a coward he couldn’t get killed. Even shamed to level 1 he knew when to cut and run.

There was another guy who I had taken who helped me overthrow his boss then immediately turned on me, killed me, killed another orc and got promoted to the position of the boss he had killed and branded “the traitor.”

It’s a pity the tutorial is super long.

Yeah it takes like a dozen hours to get to the good stuff and that really sucks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

this is what happened to ryback

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh a boss fight with isildur. Why not

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I knew I'd become tight with the elf ghost when I zoomed in on an orc captain and he called him "dûsh".

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 18, 2017

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THey added so many millions of dollars of insane crap to this game that they didnt leave themselves any time or money to polish any of it, and it all looks and feels like garbage. And if you showed this game to someone who was born pre 1980 they would probably throw up due to overstimulation.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

THey added so many millions of dollars of insane crap to this game that they didnt leave themselves any time or money to polish any of it, and it all looks and feels like garbage. And if you showed this game to someone who was born pre 1980 they would probably throw up due to overstimulation.
Nonsense, it's extremely important to have 13 different HUD elements, a crafting system, an orc management system, collectables, loot crates you can buy to avoid collecting the collectables, a map covered in icons, little messages that appear whenever you're near a bird saying "THE CREATURE YOU ARE HUNTING IS NEARBY" and QTE pop-ups.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And a very busy mini-map.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Now I know what you're thinking. "Is there a button I can press to make everything monochrome, but it will highlight important things through walls?" Yes there is. If this makes you ask "then why didn't they just make poo poo easier to see if it's so important," then guess what: Sauron asked the exact same thing, because power corrupts. Click HERE to read a 15,000 word article exploring the idea of a game having a theme.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wraith sight is the epitome of the male gaze and brings some pret-ty nasty connotations along with it.

by Patrick Klepek, Senior Grand Wizard of teh Ebil Muffin, kinja.gaming/unhappyforever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guess one of the upgrades is being able to run and jump really fast using your elf ghost, and the jump is this far reaching Mario 64 style pirouette but it looks utterly psychotic and has no associated sound effect (?).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I guess one of the upgrades is being able to run and jump really fast using your elf ghost, and the jump is this far reaching Mario 64 style pirouette but it looks utterly psychotic and has no associated sound effect (?).
Ghosts can jump silently, it's what makes them so dangerous.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Talion, with the power of this ring, you will be able to reduce the noise you make while running."

"Reduced noise while I'm running. Just like the Ringwraiths, servants of the Dark Lord."

"Yes, Talion. Be wary of Wednesday special: Brandybuck and Took Crates, 3 for $1.99."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Talion, with the power of this ring, you will be able to reduce the noise you make while running."

"Reduced noise while I'm running. Just like the Ringwraiths, servants of the Dark Lord."

"Yes, Talion. Be wary of Wednesday special: Brandybuck and Took Crates, 3 for $1.99."

The drat silent running is a skill point upgrade. I am starting to think you didn't even played this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can increase your runspeed by scrolling the mouse wheel up and they just speed up the animation cycles so it looks like you opened the ini file in oblivion and just wrote a large funny number in for run speed but it's a game feature

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

You can increase your runspeed by scrolling the mouse wheel up and they just speed up the animation cycles so it looks like you opened the ini file in oblivion and just wrote a large funny number in for run speed but it's a game feature
loving lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Now I know what you're thinking. "Is there a button I can press to make everything monochrome, but it will highlight important things through walls?" Yes there is. If this makes you ask "then why didn't they just make poo poo easier to see if it's so important," then guess what: Sauron asked the exact same thing, because power corrupts. Click HERE to read a 15,000 word article exploring the idea of a game having a theme.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wraith sight is the epitome of the male gaze and brings some pret-ty nasty connotations along with it.

by Patrick Klepek, Senior Grand Wizard of teh Ebil Muffin, kinja.gaming/unhappyforever

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao at this page

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lol at this game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I feel like I’ve seen most of the orc variety now that I’ve unlocked the fort, already starting to run into ones with old personalities. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of them are locked behind loot boxes.

Plenty of kick-rear end story left though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I feel like I’ve seen most of the orc variety now that I’ve unlocked the fort, already starting to run into ones with old personalities. I wouldn’t be surprised if a bunch of them are locked behind loot boxes.

Plenty of kick-rear end story left though.

• Locked thread