Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I feel like i understand her a lot more now lol

I cannot tell how much of the toxicity in hing and tom’s relationship is a bit (most, i would guess, since they still seem to like spending time together) but the “I don’t like it when strangers try to talk to me about self suck” part seemed real enough, something to keep in mind if you watch his streams or hang out in the discord

You know if Tom really didn’t want to talk about that maybe he shouldn’t have a reoccurring segment about self sucking on his podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Drunkboxer posted:

You know if Tom really didn’t want to talk about that maybe he shouldn’t have a reoccurring segment about self sucking on his podcast

Godlier men than Tom Walker have tried and failed to make me stop hollering the Self Suck Round-Up theme so I don't know what odds he thinks he has

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

Lol does he? I suppose he was kind of fooling around with that petard then

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
9.07 and 9.08 are up for patreons now. 7 was really great - and not even that chaotic for an episode lacking Dave!

Are these the final episodes for the year?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
He's back!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This Dragon Friends season maybe felt a little less focused/ fleshed out than some of the all-timers, which is very understandable - it was like half the length of the previous one, after all.

That said, turning the climax of what is technically a multi-year long arc (if you include the Bethany pact stuff and the Baston stuff) into A Very Memento Christmas is the kind of insane narrative swing that keeps me coming back and loving it.

E: Also, justice for the Shithead Witch!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
At the end of the day Dave is a shockingly good DM to wrangle this bunch of idiots while telling a halfway decent story. Baston’s song didn’t hit the same as when he sang I’m the Best in season 4 (?) but was still extremely good and well worth it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I've been listening from the start again and there still isn't an episode hits as well as PUT IT ALL ON RED. No combat, just a bunch of people with powerful goblin energy just making the best/worst decisions.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I demand the context for this, because all evidence from FTAGH points to Hing being a huge germophobe

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

not even slightly shocking by DF standards. call me when he sucks his own dick

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Testekill posted:

I've been listening from the start again and there still isn't an episode hits as well as PUT IT ALL ON RED. No combat, just a bunch of people with powerful goblin energy just making the best/worst decisions.

I think Big And Juicy Cabbages happens in the same episode where the Friends all almost die trying to put out a fire Dave never intended for them to interact with. That's pretty high up there for me.

inthesto posted:

I demand the context for this, because all evidence from FTAGH points to Hing being a huge germophobe

The context is that Hing is a comedian and was making a joke that didn't land because he still can't read a room.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SpacePig posted:

I think Big And Juicy Cabbages happens in the same episode where the Friends all almost die trying to put out a fire Dave never intended for them to interact with. That's pretty high up there for me.

The context is that Hing is a comedian and was making a joke that didn't land because he still can't read a room.

Depends on which fire, they set numerous that season! I mention it because my fave is their dealing with one such fire in Vantage, city above the lizard marsh, wherein by trying to deal with the forest fire they previously set they subsequently nearly kill several party members on a side trip Dave never intended and entirely irrelevant to the plot. Either that or the original fuckasuckadingdong, or the crocodile pit, so many options

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I feel like a lot of hing’s day to day energy must be spent battling intrusive thoughts, and it’s kind of wild that out of all the draggoes, he’s the one that’s achieved the most mainstream success among the normies

I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve that success or anything, just that I feel like there’s a lot going on beneath the tip of hing’s iceberg that Joe six pack would find alienating

But maybe that’s more common than I’d think. Maybe Regis philbin has a crate full of “not full of cum” water bottles in his blue house

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Thaddius the Large posted:

Depends on which fire, they set numerous that season! I mention it because my fave is their dealing with one such fire in Vantage, city above the lizard marsh, wherein by trying to deal with the forest fire they previously set they subsequently nearly kill several party members on a side trip Dave never intended and entirely irrelevant to the plot. Either that or the original fuckasuckadingdong, or the crocodile pit, so many options

https://thedragonfriends.fandom.com/wiki/Come_for_the_Biscuits

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ah dang, I thought it was the Cabbages episode. The sequence is still one of my favorite things to happen in the show, and the Cabbages musical is my second.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Testekill posted:

Whenever I'm alone with my thoughts, it's almost inevitable that the phrase "I'd like to cast witch bolt on Leonard," will intrude into my mind.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

great moment in the new FTAGH where hing tries to take the high ground and demi calls him out by saying "we all know you're Evil" and everyone agrees lol

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
There’s also the latest Hobba and Hung, which features a spontaneous call to the delightful and cripplingly stoned Tom Cardy,

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Listened to the first episode of the new series on Patreon and it was drat great. I love the live shows but having mostly subsisted on season 9 live episodes the past half a year it was great to have a new episode recorded in a casual setting again. Each one really brings its own flavor of unhinged.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

really good vid

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1757878261282218247

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
never been more hyped than cut-out Demi popping out like the world's slowest jumpscare

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I’m excited for the shake up to the show, Edan and Tom trying to wrangle Demi in could be verrrrry entertaining.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was worried that with all the babies and edan being overseas that the show might be ending, so I’m delighted to be wrong about that

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m certainly curious about what’s likely to be a bit of a tonal shift, Dave plays the straight man well and does quite a good job of turning the gang’s bullshit into a story. I think of Edan DMing and I remember the time he did a Christmas show and couldn’t think of what to do so he just started singing “it’s combat” over and over. Should be a journey!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I imagine this season will be very loose if precedent is any indication, since Dave was really the only one trying to keep anything on the rails (though I guess Edan did give them a nudge from time to time) but I’m in

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Heads up that the new season starts dropping in the next day or so with these very normal looking characters with names that Dave definitely wouldn't have hated.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Alex and Demi are what I strive to be in naming characters.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Strong start. Very interested in seeing where Alex is gonna take The Duck. Meanwhile Hing...yeah, that was definitely a character played by Michael Hing.

Looking forward to the inevitable derail away from any kind of planned plot, Tom and Edan surely cannot resist the clarion call of bullshit like Dave could.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What a bunch of conventionally attractive heroes

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Is it only up for Patreon supporters? It's not showing on my public feed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Captain_Person posted:

Is it only up for Patreon supporters? It's not showing on my public feed.

Yeah, it'll go up around 5pm Australian eastern time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It's in the public feed now