Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

the chat was SO ANGRY at him, I kind of wanted to see what happened when they turned it back on to look at it during the break. I guess dave decided it was best not to preserve that conversation for posterity lol

Which episode is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

hyphz posted:

Which episode is that?

First half is episode 2.27, Would You Be Upset If I Killed You?. Second half is...well you can guess

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

I usually put on the draggo twitch VODs but the one from the second session a week and a half ago has a weird lag issue that makes it unwatchable. What are the equivalent podcast episodes, is it 3 and 4?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

I usually put on the draggo twitch VODs but the one from the second session a week and a half ago has a weird lag issue that makes it unwatchable. What are the equivalent podcast episodes, is it 3 and 4?

3 and 4 yeah. 3 just came out last week, 4 is still pending.

Apparently itís an issue with the WiFi at the venue, they couldnít get a stable stream going and it hosed up the vod as well. I think they said theyíre going to look into recording them differently to get around the issue. I hope they do, watching the full uncut video is a lot of fun.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

All efforts to render politics aesthetic culminate in one thing: war

spotted rgd in dave's google chrome 'most visited' during the latest vod 👀

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

I'm going to the Saturday show in Melbourne, I'll be the fat white guy with a beard.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Finally caught up on Gribbits, I had forgotten how good a player Carlo is. Managed to bring humor while also moving the plot forward (admittedly said plot was...interesting, but that's on Edan). Despite their individual Chaos Energy it was interesting that Hing and Demi didn't really cause much trouble together. Maybe they go easy when it's not Dave in the DM chair.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

exmarx posted:

spotted rgd in dave's google chrome 'most visited' during the latest vod 👀

A good search for rgd brings up arginylglycylaspartic acid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

Finally caught up on Gribbits, I had forgotten how good a player Carlo is. Managed to bring humor while also moving the plot forward (admittedly said plot was...interesting, but that's on Edan). Despite their individual Chaos Energy it was interesting that Hing and Demi didn't really cause much trouble together. Maybe they go easy when it's not Dave in the DM chair.

I was thinking the same thing, Carlo is incredibly good, itís always a treat when heís on.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Gribbits stream yesterday featured the feared power couple:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/978511715?filter=all&sort=time

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1379644871095459843

I haven't watched it yet, but I imagine it'll be just utter chaos.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that wonderful power couple, Selma Farte and Dipshit

posting this from twitter here because it's extremely good:

https://twitter.com/echidnite/status/1380138858495373314/photo/1

eke out fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 8, 2021

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SubNat posted:

The Gribbits stream yesterday featured the feared power couple:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/978511715?filter=all&sort=time

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1379644871095459843

I haven't watched it yet, but I imagine it'll be just utter chaos.

Iíve been binging through bst.png in reverse order for the past week and itís really funny but itís making me feel pretty insane.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

News of the
Clown Crew
On the Move

Drunkboxer posted:

I’ve been binging through bst.png in reverse order for the past week and it’s really funny but it’s making me feel pretty insane.

If it's any consolation, it's not any more sane in proper order. You just have ever slightly more context.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Haven't watched the latest GDA stream yet either, but i just finished last week's, where Dave teases the next one by kind of exhaustedly saying that Tom will be on, playing a goblin called dipshit, and Edan just kind of shakes his head and says "...big stretch"

can't wait to see it

e: lol

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 8, 2021

well why not
Feb 9, 2009

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

update: dipshit is unironically the best character

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

News of the
Clown Crew
On the Move

This and Demi's hog coffee really made me laugh this past week.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

same

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I've been listening through the older podcast seasons, and I'm amazed that acast here in norway has so few active ads (for dragon friends' audience, possibly?) that they just keep running the 'YO YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN PODCAST.' one.
Which I take as a diss on the Draggos. 'Look at this, even these fuckers can do it, make your own podcast today!'

And yes, Dipshit was unexpectedly wonderful, and I'm curious how Dave is going to handle the progression between sessions considering how much of the cast won't be there for the next one.

But next week they'll be streaming another set of podcast recordings, by the way.
They learned their lesson and they'll be recording it, then streaming the recording to twitch after the fact, because the internet at the venue is terrible.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah i'm still finishing the last gda vod, but the energy is much less itchy than expected (although there is definitely a markedly different vibe before and after Demi took her ritalin), and dipshit is much less of a chaotic character than you would have expected based on...the entire back catalog of this podcast

I think Ben and Hing have usurped the itchy energy power couple crown

none of this is a complaint in case it came off that way, i am enjoying mature Tom

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

dipshit has very high emotional intelligence given, well, everything about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

SubNat posted:

I'm curious how Dave is going to handle the progression between sessions considering how much of the cast won't be there for the next one.

I think he decided at some point that they will level up when specific characters play sessions, but then also realized that means sometimes you'll end up with a totally mismatched party level wise so who knows