Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The Tomb of Annihilation streams are really good. I don't know what possessed them to record the first part of season 2 as a marathon but it's a beautiful mess by hour six.

Also fun is watching the streams on twitch.tv so you can peek at the chat logs and see the D&D nerds get upset that Dave doesn't command enough respect as DM, or that "the music guy" is distracting. Or the honestly insane amount of people who assume they're from New Zealand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

When they talked about Benny Davis going to Singapore, I assumed they meant on holiday or as part of a tour. I didn't realise he actually moved there and wasn't coming back. He's listed as a Dragon Friends member (Season 1-3) on the website. :(

It seems unlikely, but I hope they somehow have another musician to bring on board because the keyboard added so much to this show.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Sardine Wit posted:

I totally agree, we're gonna miss him. His wife's job's taking her to Singapore so he's following her. We're going to keep inviting musicians to do the show with us however - trying shows with a few while we see if we find someone who's a perfect fit. First up is Ange Lavoipierre, a Sydney comedian and goddamn cellist. She's doing our next live show.

That sounds cool as heck and now I'm more jazzed about season 4 than I already was. You guys put in a good show and I hope you're proud of that.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

That was a lot of fun, and the first time I have had no idea about the setting going in. I can't to hear more.

Even with the stream of annihilation stuff, I've missed this podcast a lot.

As a PSA, anyone looking for another two dudes talk about stuff podcast might want to check out Free to a Good Home, Ben and Hing's podcast about classified ads. It's pretty consistently funny, and I think every Dragon Friend cast-mate and guest apart from Edan Lacey has been on. It has about the same levels of Jurassic Park talk and Simpsons references as Dragon Friends, and Alex Lee's been on it about fifteen times. The last episode released as of this post was actually guested by the current musical accompanist, and she's great. Its a good time.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Only tangentially related, but please take a look at Tom Walker's and Demi Lardner's hard R comedy podcast 'BigSoftTitty.png' that they plugged at the end of the last episode. It may be one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

I was nodding off at the end of the last ep and I loving absolutely thought I dreamed that plug.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

He's part of a series of improv studies based around pushing Ben Jenkins to the limit, along with my other favourites "Bobby Pancakes nicknames" and "What costumes do you have?"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I cant express in words how much of a treat you're in for going forward.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ben only knowing five voices is the best. Laughing right now just at the thought of Dave asking for something refined and menacing, only for Ben to launch into his Droopy voice.

Its also what's responsible for the now established canon that everyone from Baldur's Gate sounds South African.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

New episode very good.

"Speaking 10 to 10" made me laugh out loud.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Now second screen the entire stream of annihilation you fuckers.

Or rip the audio and listen to it like I think someone official said they were planing to do at one point.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

None of those videos work.

They seem fine from here, but in case they're still not working:

Episode 0 - Filmed live at the D&D Stream of Annihilation event in Seattle.
Playlist - The remainder of the episodes, filmed above a pub in Australia somewhere. Includes some intermediate Q&A sessions.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Talking about the Season 2 ones sorry..

Oh yeah, looks like the VODs have started being deleted. I didn't think Twitch did that for big channels like the D&D one.
They're in that youtube playlist still, at least.

e: though I get maybe its less fun without being able to watch the nerds in live chat lose their minds.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I think it was a tomb of annihilation stream where she decided putting a human skull on each fist would make her punch harder.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah well, sometimes you got to talk about Disney's Aladdin.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Michael Hing is a pro-gamer and initially treats D&D like he's trying to win it. He tries to rules lawyer here and there, but its still pretty funny. You can actually pinpoint the exact session after he reads the players handbook if you pay attention.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 24, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

If the kill Threep is talking about is wishing to Dave to kill the NPC from the historical society, and succeeding on the very unlikely roll to do so, then I agree it was amazing.

Actually, the paladin of Tyr is very good too. Goddamn, he has some amazing moments in those streams.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Tangentially, if anyone listens to Free To A Good Home, that updated today too for the first time in months. No Ben, just Hing with two guests.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey for the guy going through FTAGH, can you tell us what episode the book club story is in, if you get to it?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

So this is how Dragon Friends ends.

lol at "A Very Canonical Episode"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ask Ben, I guess? He's the McElroy fan.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Griffin uses the names of fans from Twitter

e: wow, I really misread your post if I thought this was news.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jun 2, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Edan Lacey is the best thing Australia has ever accomplished, I feel.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm assuming no one minds me mentioning it since its so sporadic - Free to A Good Home updated on Monday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Okay, Freezo's Funhouse was a goddamn mess.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

inthesto posted:

Also, Alice Snedden, the guest on this week's FTAGH, is also on a D&D live show podcast called Waterdeep Mountain High. It's a fair bit less rowdy than Dragon Friends, but actually matches the energy of TAZ live shows pretty well.

I'm only on episode one (of four) and I just want to confirm this is a fun D&D podcast.

And not just because the one guy starts singing Into The Woods to an uncaring audience.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hold on to your asses everyone, Freezo's Funhouse part 2 is out.

e: holy poo poo, they're drunk as gently caress this is going to be great.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 28, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I don't think I disagree, but remember Tom Walker's friends chipped in to buy him a fleshlight, engraved with his name (and address?) and had it delivered to his parents house so he could open it for his birthday.

How does that guy switch off?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Woof, I'm gonna have to use earphones if I listen to bigsofttitty.png anywhere except my car, huh?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I thought he was saying Gith and I was misremembering how they looked.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Free To A Good Home updated yesterday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Go RV! posted:

I just started listening to bigsofttitty.png and it's terrible in a good way.

Also they don't even get through the first episode without dunking on Hing which is honestly great

bigsofttitty.png Challenge Mode: see how long you can go without googling what Demi Lardner looks like because they keep calling her an eight year old boy and a living goblin.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I already failed this because I looked her up after her first Dragon Friends appearance, because she was one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I should probably give that podcast a try.

It's incredibly funny, but keep it in your earphones at all times.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Oh buddy.

You don't even know cum yet.

The Dragon Friends merely adopted the cumjoke. Tom and Demi were born in it, molded by it.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 1, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Okay, says here... the Dwarven guards have all unionised and won't help you unless you sign up, the Prince who sent you the invite has been melted by a witch bolt, someone stole his crown, and there's.. it says "squirt - Sorry Greg" - all over the floor.

What do you do?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Dave, tell Ben congratulations and he should name his kid Bonathan or he's a coward.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm just finally listening to the Star Wars one poo poo they did for Patreon and it starts with Benny Davis playing the 20th Century Fox intro on what I assume is a melodica.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I keep meaning to listen back to this show through the lens of "Edan knows more D&D than he uses" to see where he's playing dumb on purpose.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Cult of the Chongus

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hughlander posted:

What’s the parody song they do in l episode one? I wish there was a wiki of all their poo poo because otherwise I feel the need to constantly relisten

There's a bunch isn't there? The only one i can remember right now is them singing songs with redundant lyrics.

-a little bit of Mambo Number 5-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

DF and related podcasts make it feel like every Australian comedian except Wil Anderson went to the same uni at the same time.

And maybe Adam Hills, but he's mostly UK based these days so we'll never know.